• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Pass/Fail (416)

Visit the Episode GuideHEROES SEASON FOUR
    PASS/FAIL
    EPISODE NUMBER - 416

Pushed to the brink of death, Hiro finds himself on trial and accused of using his abilities for personal gain. Sylar seeks out Claire for answers about who he ought to be, and Samuel tries to win over the love of his life.

VISIT THE EPISODE GUIDE >
    Last edited by GateWorld; 01 May 2015, 10:23 PM.

Pretty good episode tonight. Nice to see some familiar faces.
    sigpic
    MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
    "...phu...ah..."
    "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
    Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

Good ep tonight. I loved seeing Adam Monroe, Kaito again. Looks like Claire's back to being a lesbo again. FINALLY Hiro's back to normal and he can go and kick some Sylar butt.. Speaking of Sylar, according to the preview for next week,
      Spoiler:

he wants to get rid of his powers. I don't know if I believe him lol.

Lastly, Samuel is probably not going to play Mr. Nice Guy anymore.

My guess for the rest of the season is that Sylar actually becomes a 'good' guy (in keeping with the theme of this season- Redemption), ultimately leading to the showdown with Samuel in which Sylar dies in the process of killing Samuel. I have no idea where the other characters fit into that though.

Proud supporter of His holy BAGness!

Comment

Very, very good episode tonight. Sylar got stabbed with a pencil, SWEET! I liked seeing older faces, I hope Hiro gets Charlie back though, he deserves to be happy. Samuel seems to be finally losing out, sweet!

Comment

Originally posted by AVFan View Post
          Good ep tonight. I loved seeing Adam Monroe, Kaito again. Looks like Claire's back to being a lesbo again. FINALLY Hiro's back to normal and he can go and kick some Sylar butt.. Speaking of Sylar, according to the preview for next week,
          Spoiler:

he wants to get rid of his powers. I don't know if I believe him lol.

Lastly, Samuel is probably not going to play Mr. Nice Guy anymore.

My guess for the rest of the season is that Sylar actually becomes a 'good' guy (in keeping with the theme of this season- Redemption), ultimately leading to the showdown with Samuel in which Sylar dies in the process of killing Samuel. I have no idea where the other characters fit into that though.
          Spoiler:
          IDK, from spoilers i've read on different heroes's sites, Sylar and Peter go at it again sometime soon and then come to some kind of deal in order to stop Samuel. Who knows, maybe Sylar gives Peter his abilities or at the very least, Peter replicates Sylars Empathic mimicry which was his original ability.

Overall, not a bad episode. Scene's with Claire in them always seem to bore the hell out of me, but her scene's in this episode weren't bad.

Comment

Really good episode
            Spoiler:
            I like Claire's relationship with Gretchen (sp?), it is one of my favorite things this season, that and Syler being less of a bad guy... Oh and the awesomeness that's Samuel, anybody else really like the effect for when he destroyed the town?
            sigpic
            Sig by Everlovin My YT|My other vid site|My LJ|My Photobucket|My ImageShack|"Stargate is life, Sam and Jack are happiness, Shippers are almighty" by hlndncr

Comment

hmmm this was a strange episode

really good to see Adam again

Comment

Originally posted by Heaven View Post
                hmmm this was a strange episode

really good to see Adam again
                Strange good IMO. Yeah, it was nice to see Adam again.
                sigpic
                MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
                "...phu...ah..."
                "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
                Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

Spoiler:
                  Hiro/Sylar/Samuel episdoes seem to be the winning formula imo . Very interesting episode, had me guessing towards the end with the Hiro 'hes going to die/he is/he isn't. Glad he made a full recovery though by the looks of it.

I still don't much care for the Claire bits, the characters just been written to be really dull, same for bennet and angela petrelli.

It seems that while Sylar is the sort of psychotic confused loner killer we also have Samuel who it appears is turning into full blown criminal mastermind territory. Tbh i actually felt sorry for him when Vanessa basically discarded what they've created because tbh these people have been shunned for their abilities, they are only trying to make a home for themselves at the end of the day, and its starting to look like their own little eden. While destroying an entire town is well ott i can emphasize with the guy for getting so angry. Looking forward to where this all leads.
                  Last edited by Demoniser; 20 January 2010, 04:46 AM.

Comment

Much has been made of the fate of “Heroes” this season, and this episode may represent the most potent argument against renewal. The ratings were abysmal, even by this season’s low standards. The writing appears to be on the wall, but too many factors come into play. With NBC suffering a huge meltdown as a result of their idiotic Jay Leno experiment (which everyone with any insight into media knew would fail miserably), there will be a scramble to mitigate the damage. That could give “Heroes” a lease on fifth season life, even in a limited capacity.

Fans had better hope so, because it’s already been noted by members of the cast that the fourth season will be ending on a cliffhanger. It’s a remarkable display of hubris by the production staff. Why not construct a season finale that could provide resolution if the series ends, yet serve as a launching point for another story arc if the series survives? I suppose that would be asking too much.

It doesn’t help when the writers deliver an episode like this. There are four characters in the spotlight, and only one of the plot threads is particularly interesting. Two of them feel like another way to spin wheels, while the last doesn’t feel particularly earned.

Samuel’s plot thread speaks directly to his motivations, and this latest setback in life should be quite the turning point. I was fairly disappointed to discover that all his talk about creating a place for metahumans to live free of mundane society’s scrutiny was just a pretext for his desire to trap Vanessa in a fantasy world. I liked the notion that Samuel was trying to convince himself, and others, that his self-interested bid for power had a higher purpose.

But even if his reasons for proposing a metahuman haven were based on selfish reasons, that may no longer matter. Vanessa’s rejection is essentially a rejection by the “real world” for Samuel, and now he could be ready to create an enclave by any means necessary. In fact, his decision to destroy an entire town, committing mass murder, suggests that he will do anything to see his will fulfilled. This only adds to the speculation that Samuel will use his ability to create a metahuman haven, only to be taken down and replaced by Peter as a more stable and pragmatic leader.

I had thought that Sylar would make the perfect assassin’s weapon against Samuel, but this latest delaying tactic leaves me doubtful that the character will ever get solid treatment for long. Sylar was great in the first half of the season (one of the few highlights, for that matter), but this latest turn is disastrous. If taking away Sylar’s power is supposed to be the way to restore his humanity, why didn’t that work in the second season? As mentioned in previous reviews, the notion of a redeemed Sylar no longer makes sense.

Nor do I think that Hiro’s little trip into the depths of his subconscious will lead to any worthwhile permanent shift in the character. How many times has Hiro been pushed back onto his path, only to stray again when the writers need comic relief or need to take him out of the equation for a while? Hiro’s entire character arc this season has been about keeping him from being a challenge to Samuel as long as possible. Bringing back old characters is fun, but this is really nothing new or creative.

It’s ironic that I noted in a recent review that the kiss between Claire and Gretchen must have really been a rating stunt, given that the relationship has barely been discussed since that big moment. All of a sudden, Claire is admitting that her personal issues have been driving her to avoid her true feelings. This realization is so abrupt and complete that it feels like the writers wanted to get to this point without wanting to risk a more direct approach by building up to this point over time. Compared to the development of the Willow/Tara relationship on “Buffy”, this is laughable, and feels like a token attempt by Kring and/or NBC to mollify those annoyed by past mistreatment of homosexual characters.

The result is an episode that just didn’t generate much in the way of excitement. Samuel’s further descent into madness had its good points, since one could see things going badly from the start, but everything else has been seen before or felt disingenuous. As much as I want this season to live up to its potential, the writers keep missing the mark.

Comment

if Hiro comes out of the coma healed does that mean the trial wasn't a hallucination?

Comment

I think that was a metaphor for they removed the brain tumour and revived him successfully.

Comment

EPIC FAIL!!! This episode is the best reason to date to cancel this sinkhole of a show. Read this review at io9 it is spot on.

http://io9.com/5451599/a-world-of-fail-on-heroes

Comment

Originally posted by suqata View Post
                            EPIC FAIL!!! This episode is the best reason to date to cancel this sinkhole of a show. Read this review at io9 it is spot on.

http://io9.com/5451599/a-world-of-fail-on-heroes
                            Everyone has different opinions.

Comment

Eh, I won't be surprised if this show is canceled. Kring is a one hit wonder.

Sylar has been in traction since Season 1. I guess he'll have to willingly lose his powers to become human again because he already lost them once.

They've destroyed Peter.

Claire is at least somewhat interesting this season but her trip to the Carnival was silly. If anyone should have gone it was Tracy.

If it wasn't on demand I wouldn't watch.

Hiro was at least interesting this episode. I used to love his character but I'd have preferred a more serious Hiro instead of the constant comedic relief. Isn't the side kick the comedian?

Comment

Working...
                              X