Lost fans bumped the President

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Lost fans bumped the President

The White House will not say when President Obama’s State of the Union Address will be delivered. They did say, however, when it will not be: During the three-hour season premier of the final season of “Lost” on ABC, which airs on Feb. 2.

Fans of the television series about marooned plane crash survivors have created a stir on the Internet over the possibility that Mr. Obama would schedule his speech on the same night of the show.

Robert Gibbs, the White House press secretary, told reporters today that he could “allay fears” of those who watch “Lost.” He said the president’s speech will not be on Feb. 2. “I don’t foresee a scenario in which the millions of people that hope to finally get some conclusion in ‘Lost’ are preempted by the president,” Mr. Gibbs said.

He did not explicitly say the decision was made because of the hit program, but administration officials have acknowledged being lobbied to keep the State of the Union away from Feb. 2. “I assume it’s a big deal at ABC,” Mr. Gibbs said.

http://thecaucus.blogs.nytimes.com/2...the-union-but/

Yeah, I would say it's a big deal at ABC. LOL Well done, Losties!
    sigpic

Comment

ah shucks, they coulda had it on feb 2, then abc could have not aired it and given me something to watch

it'll probably be the week before. the networks hate having political speeches in ratings months anyway. they'll effectively lose that night's ratings
      Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

This is funny. that article makes it seem like the show is more important than the speech. haha

Comment

Originally posted by JackO'Neill View Post
          The White House will not say when President Obama’s State of the Union Address will be delivered. They did say, however, when it will not be: During the three-hour season premier of the final season of “Lost” on ABC, which airs on Feb. 2.

Fans of the television series about marooned plane crash survivors have created a stir on the Internet over the possibility that Mr. Obama would schedule his speech on the same night of the show.

Robert Gibbs, the White House press secretary, told reporters today that he could “allay fears” of those who watch “Lost.” He said the president’s speech will not be on Feb. 2. “I don’t foresee a scenario in which the millions of people that hope to finally get some conclusion in ‘Lost’ are preempted by the president,” Mr. Gibbs said.

He did not explicitly say the decision was made because of the hit program, but administration officials have acknowledged being lobbied to keep the State of the Union away from Feb. 2. “I assume it’s a big deal at ABC,” Mr. Gibbs said.

http://thecaucus.blogs.nytimes.com/2...the-union-but/
          LOL!......

Lost: 1

Erkel: 0

......That is just awesome
          sigpic
          Eagles may soar free and proud, but weasels never get sucked into jet engines.
          "We're not going to Guam are we?"

Comment

Originally posted by Alan Wake View Post
            This is funny. that article makes it seem like the show is more important than the speech. haha
            To some it might be

Comment

LOST is more important then listening to obama say the same thing over and over.
              https://twitter.com/#!/Solar_wind84

Comment

Yay! Good one Losties!

Thanks to jumble, Krissie678, & Pic for the awesome sigs!

Comment

i am really happy. could not wait a week more for season six, bring it on abc...
                  sigpic

Comment

Because it is.

Thank goodness. I'd heard about this possibility earlier. I've been waiting for this final season since last May. It's one of the very few shows...which I can practically count on one hand...I still care about watching on tv. I'd have been pissed if it had been bumped for regurgitated vomit.
                    IMO always implied.

Comment

that's the only intelligent thing our government has done. I don't even want to see or hear Obummer.. and defintely don't want to see his ** at that time!
                      My Story:
                      http://www.veteranstoday.com/2010/10...%80%99s-story/

Comment

Thats good to hear. To make us wait another week would be pure torture.

Comment

It's proof that Lost is so popular, that even Obama doesn't want to miss it for something as trivial like the State of the Union.

No harm in taking the night off to watch Lost instead of a boring speech that is basically

"oil good, terrorists bad, airports need more safety, muslims are friends, mexico is bad, ooh, Lost starts in 7 minutes, got to run"

sigpic

Comment

This is funny. that article makes it seem like the show is more important than the speech.
                            That because it is, this president can give speeches any-time of the year, but there will only be one premier of season 6 of Lost, an we the people of the world have waited long enough already.

Comment

LOL, it was really funny
                              sigpic
                              Knowledge is power, but how do you use that power defines whether you are good or evil

Comment

Working...
                              X