Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

My thoughts about Sam and Jack in the third movie (spec and spoilers)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by majorsal View Post
    i'm going to take the bait.

if they confirm sam and jack are in a relationship, it'll be with the military's approval. so no bad lighty stuff.

the s/j storyline is one that's been done on the show for years. it's shown they went from attraction to feelings to love. ppl that like this storyline want to see if they truly ended up together.

jack/daniel wasn't real, meaning it was never shown or acknowledged on the show, in episodes. there's no equality between the two ships, b/c one was actually done on the series and the other was wanted by some fans.
    Well, that's your opinion and you are entitled to it. S/J has never been actually done on the series, that's my opinion. Of course if you can provide one shread of actual proof, non ambiguous, unequivocal, honest to goodness proof I would be willing to change my opinion.
    sigpic

Jack and Daniel...the old married couple.

Comment

is a kiss too 'not subtle'?

me wants a kiss!!!!!

i mean, i want sam and jack to kiss!
      One big honkin'-not-AU-nonalien-inspired-never-time-rest KISS!

it's went on for *so* long, and i really believe this 3rd movie will be the end... no more games, no more stretching it out, b/c there prob won't be another chance to tie up this storyline. so yeah, ambiguous has been done over and over...
      *nod nod* yep it's about freakin' time!

Comment

Originally posted by Ashizuri View Post
        How do you know this supposed confirmation/romantic scene isn't set after Jack retires? Or after Sam is wounded so bad she is medically discharged? Or Jack is fired? Sure, none of those scenarios are very likely at all, but we don't know how or when the "romance" happens so the idea that it will show the military in a bad light is pure speculation at this point.

Besides, this is a show where a General (Landry) went on a personal vacation with his subordinates. I can't see how Sam/Jack would be considered any more inappropriate than that.

If thats the case, then it doesn't matter if Daniel's in the movie because he's not the Daniel we started out with. No need for Teal'c either. Why not just get a whole new team.

Really, this isn't a Sam/Jack-only issue. I've seen Daniel/Vala fans want confirmation. I've seen fans of every pairing in every fandom want confirmation. I've been one of those fans on occassion.

TPTB have led Sam/Jack fans on a merry chase for years, always teasing and never following through. I hope this time they actually get the moment they're hoping for.
        Originally posted by col aga View Post
        Can you give some examples? From what I've read neither MS nor RDA were particularly thrilled with their characters being slashed and the scenes were changed specifically to avoid slash contex (locker scene from Fallen comes to mind) so what you say in news to me.
        Just don't say "wedding" in 200 because this episode was making fun of everything in fandom I mean actual episodes.

About S/J in the third movie..as a shipper of course I'd like to have some confirmation but while I wouldn't be unhappy with a big kiss or something along these lines I'd prefer something more subtle. Mentions of their home or vacations spent together or some photos showing them as a couple would work just fine for me.

The placement of the "romantic scene" BW wrote also doesn't matter to me as long as it's not at the very end - this should belong to The Team. 4 of them or 7 of them, whatever whoever likes, but the whole team, together. I just think that S/J scene at the very beginning would be easier to do (and to swallow ), plus it would save time spent on notifying the characters about the new challenge.
        Exactly!

And I have absolutely nothing against other ships, slashes included. Thank you for the interview, and the bit about how jack/daniel slash is taken by the cast and crew. I think it's nice. Besides, you know, I've always thought that Sam and Teal'c made a good couple, and I'm sure that during the 50 odd years they spent on the ship in unending, something happenned between them. And I'm fine with that. It just doesn't prevent me from wanting sam and jack ship and even confirmation in the 3rd movie 'cause I think they're are too good together to be left apart. MO.
        Last edited by never_on_earth; 14 January 2010, 06:04 AM. Reason: There's been a bug with quoting

Comment

Originally posted by flynn1959 View Post
          Um .. wouldn't Cassie be in her twenties now?
          Still needs a family. Somewhere to visit on holidays. 20s about the age where u grow out of the college partying and go looking for family. Unless shes found a BF and is leeching off him.

Comment

Originally posted by kymeric View Post
            Still needs a family. Somewhere to visit on holidays. 20s about the age where u grow out of the college partying and go looking for family. Unless shes found a BF and is leeching off him.
            Yes, that's true but surely Janet had family, after all she was the one who adopted Cassie. Why would she look to Jack and Sam? And I'm sure a woman in her mid to late twenties could indeed have a boyfriend. Not sure about leeching off him! I don't think there is any way we will see Cassie in the movie, or have any of the characters reference her.
            sigpic

Comment

I'm sure Cassie thinks of Jack, Daniel, Sam and Teal'c all as her family, but I doubt we'll ever hear about her again.
              Originally posted by Callista
              Ahhh! Ashizuri can see into the future!!
              Originally posted by HPMom
              She saw the candle light as many things.

Comment

Cassie is long forgotten as is Jonas....

back to the topic on hand....I am still hoping for confirmation if/when the movie gets made!

Comment

I'd love to see s/j wear matching rings. That to me would be the confirmation I've been waiting for. I'd be happy to see a more 'romantic' scene as well, but just the rings would be enough.

Comment

Originally posted by Tanie View Post
                    I'd love to see s/j wear matching rings. That to me would be the confirmation I've been waiting for. I'd be happy to see a more 'romantic' scene as well, but just the rings would be enough.
                    As most wedding rings, i.e plain gold bands, look the same, all that would prove was that they were both married, not necessarily to each other. Jack could have decided to go back to his wife Sara and Sam could be married to Teal'c or Major Davies.
                    sigpic

Comment

As most wedding rings, i.e plain gold bands, look the same, all that would prove was that they were both married, not necessarily to each other. Jack could have decided to go back to his wife Sara and Sam could be married to Teal'c or Major Davies.
                      Exactly. So if that were to happen, you can think right along those lines and others will think what's actually plausible

And it's Davis, is it not?
                      sigpic
                      Thanks to Oma-1 for the beautiful banner!

Comment

Slightly OT:
                        Spoiler:
                        Cassie wouldn't need to leech off anybody. She undoubtedly inherited a fair amount of money from Janet, and certainly Jack and Sam (and probably Daniel, too) would support her in any way that was needed. And I highly doubt that Cassie would have turned into the kind of person to leech off anybody.

She would have been 18 (or almost 18) at the time Janet died. By Stargate time, 5 or 6 years have passed since Janet died, so Cassie would be 22-23-24, and maybe graduated from college and working at whatever field she was studying.

Comment

Originally posted by leiasky View Post
                          Exactly. So if that were to happen, you can think right along those lines and others will think what's actually plausible

And it's Davis, is it not?
                          Ah, well if we're talking plausible then I suppose people will think Jack has gone back to Sara and Sam has married, well, just about any of the vast number of men/beings she has been linked to throughout the seasons. My vote is for Teal'c. Now that is a pairing that had real chemistry, imo.

And yes I do believe it was Davis, thanks

In all seriousness I very much doubt that even if Jack and Sam were to waltz through the gate holding hands, wearing matching rings and humming the wedding march that most people would care one way or the other, do you? It would make for a very funny scene though.I know I would laugh my head off at that.
                          sigpic

Comment

Ah, well if we're talking plausible then I suppose people will think Jack has gone back to Sara and Sam has married, well, just about any of the vast number of men/beings she has been linked to throughout the seasons. My vote is for Teal'c. Now that is a pairing that had real chemistry, imo.
                            Well, if you think Jack going back to Sara, who was mentioned a grand total of 4 times in the entire show's run (and 3 of those times were in season 1) is plausible...
                            There's a good chance this opinion is shared by Ashizuri
                            sigpic
                            awesome sig by Josiane

Comment

Well, if you think Jack going back to Sara, who was mentioned a grand total of 4 times in the entire show's run (and 3 of those times were in season 1) is plausible...
                              Why is it so improbable? They were going ot put John back with Nancy but since SGA ended so abruptly, never had a chance.

And Jack has precedent that he can find other women.

It's not even the ship itself that bothers me, its the whole "Fate" aspect of it. They couldn't let the fans see is grow in itself and instead, they consistently teased and annoyed with things like all teh differnet AR's where Jack and Sam got together right off the bat, or episodes like Shades of Grey wher eit's just "Natural" for them to get together even if they're not the same person.

You know what episode i loved? Solitudes.
                              Originally posted by Apostle's Message Redux
                              Shepard understood. Given the situation, he wasn't sure that exposing the planet to this kind of secret was smart. Miranda had regaled him with stories of how horrible 20th century Earth sounded in her history lessons and it made him leery. "I agree, god knows what would happen if Grunt got loose."

Joker snorted and muttered loudly. "Run! It's The Incredible Hulk! Kill it with fire!"
                              Read the story ---- Apostle's Message Redux, ME/SG Crossover

Comment

It is very plausible, if Jack and Sara were real people, living in the real world, with such a wealth of shared history they might well get back together. After all they were married for a minimum of eleven years. Much more plausible than Jack suddenly deciding to marry Sam out of the blue, imo. In the scenes Jack and Sara shared they displayed a hundred times more chemistry than Jack and Sam. They were totally believable as a couple and Jack obviously still cared deeply for Sara.

Of course, we are not talking about real people so anything is possible. If Jack and Sam are retired in the movie and it is shown quite clearly that there was nothing at all between them when they were still in the military then maybe, just maybe, showing them in some sort of relationship might be acceptable. I just don't think it would come over as realistic, Sam and Jack have zero chemistry. In fact, I can't think of two characters on Stargate who would seem to me less likely to get together.

But, when it comes right down to it, TPTB will do whatever they want, pair off whichever characters they see fit, and to be honest after this amount of time it doesn't really matter to more than a smattering of people if they marry Jack off to Siler. Well, actually, now that I've written that I think that would be a great way to end the whole thing.
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X