Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

My thoughts about Sam and Jack in the third movie (spec and spoilers)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by VSS View Post
    They had the chance to write a truly epic romance (IMHO). However, unless some miracle occurs they've wasted the opportunity. It's hard to believe they could let a popular and long-lived story arc like this dwindle away, but they did. At this point, I think some passing reference on SGU would be all right with me.
    Sometimes I think they never realized how big potential this romance had and it's pity they never used it. Unfortunately SG writers are not too good in writing romantic relationship, and what they did with Sam&Jack relationship is the proof. At this point I have to agree with VSS, any reference on SGU will make me happy. I still want the movie, of course, but time is not on its side
    sigpic

Comment

...RDA was asked at the con yesterday if there would ever be any closure for Sam & Jack, and flatly denied it. Can't recall his exact wording, but it was along the lines of 'Sorry kids...only in your heads'.
      Bummer.

Comment

Originally posted by scaperfan View Post
        ...RDA was asked at the con yesterday if there would ever be any closure for Sam & Jack, and flatly denied it. Can't recall his exact wording, but it was along the lines of 'Sorry kids...only in your heads'.
        Bummer.
        Was he asked about the script of the third movie? Because if he said it basing it on what he'd read in the script, then yeah, bummer. But if he was asked only about his opinion I wouldn't worry at all. I mean, he's always been saying that in his opinion Sam and Jack should get together after one of them retires, to show respect to the AF. Plus, as much as I love the guy, he's never been particularly well oriented in what was going on in the series. For all we know he can still think that Sam is in Jack's direct chain of command.

And ultimately, what an actor thinks privately and what he's asked to act are two different things. So yeah, untill I see the script I wouldn't worry.
        There's a good chance this opinion is shared by Ashizuri
        sigpic
        awesome sig by Josiane

Comment

Bummer.
          That's not quite the account I read.
          My understanding was it his usual response- that it's a bad idea if it's against the regs and puts the Air Force in a bad light. He's said that all along. And I think most of us agree with that.

I could be wrong, but "Flatly denied" is likely a bit of an overstatement.

The writers are probably perfectly capable of writing something that he can live with, if they were motivated to do it. I kind of doubt that they are, though.

Originally posted by Petra View Post
          Was he asked about the script of the third movie? Because if he said it basing it on what he'd read in the script, then yeah, bummer. But if he was asked only about his opinion I wouldn't worry at all. I mean, he's always been saying that in his opinion Sam and Jack should get together after one of them retires, to show respect to the AF. Plus, as much as I love the guy, he's never been particularly well oriented in what was going on in the series. For all we know he can still think that Sam is in Jack's direct chain of command.

And ultimately, what an actor thinks privately and what he's asked to act are two different things. So yeah, untill I see the script I wouldn't worry.
          I think it was the bolded part. His opinion. And this was the guy who didn't know after thirteen years that the goa'uld don't have symbiote pouches. So as far as knowing the details... uh, yeah. Not well-oriented. Having said that, he probably has veto power on the script so I would think things would definitely have to be settled to his satisfaction.
          Last edited by VSS; 08 March 2010, 10:09 AM.

Comment

That's not quite the account I read.
            My understanding was it his usual response- that it's a bad idea if it's against the regs and puts the Air Force in a bad light. He's said that all along. And I think most of us agree with that.

I could be wrong, but "Flatly denied" is likely a bit of an overstatement.

The writers are probably perfectly capable of writing something that he can live with, if they were motivated to do it. I kind of doubt that they are, though.

I think it was the bolded part. His opinion. And this was the guy who didn't know after thirteen years that the goa'uld don't have symbiote pouches. So as far as knowing the details... uh, yeah. Not well-oriented. Having said that, he probably has veto power on the script so I would think things would definitely have to be settled to his satisfaction.
            There were two one day cons over the weekend (Melbourne and Sydney), I think scaperfan was at the Sunday convention, so she or he's reporting what they heard. There is a thread in the fandom folder on the conventions.

FF
            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Frostfox View Post
              There were two one day cons over the weekend (Melbourne and Sydney), I think scaperfan was at the Sunday convention, so she or he's reporting what they heard. There is a thread in the fandom folder on the conventions.

FF
              Yes, that thread is where I found the links that led to a couple of blog postings from other people who were there. I liked the Dan Shea push-up pics quite a bit.

Comment

Yes, that thread is where I found the links that led to a couple of blog postings from other people who were there. I liked the Dan Shea push-ups quite a bit.
                The Dan Shea/Chris Judge push up photos made me come over all unnecessary!
                It sounds like the guests were all on good form, love RDA's hat!

FF
                sigpic

Comment

Eh, that's nothing new.

RDA has always seemed to be a bit "whatever" about Sam/Jack romance, only maintaining that if it happened it would have to be done with respect toward the AF. And I actually agree with him about that.

(In regards to the photos, CB looked fantastic [I normally cringe at her fashion choices] and RDA, 40 pounds heavier, would still get tackled to the ground without a second thought. Also, CJ should never wear shirts...there should be like, a law or something.)
                  Originally posted by Callista
                  Ahhh! Ashizuri can see into the future!!
                  Originally posted by HPMom
                  She saw the candle light as many things.

Comment

Originally posted by Ashizuri View Post
                    Eh, that's nothing new.

RDA has always seemed to be a bit "whatever" about Sam/Jack romance, only maintaining that if it happened it would have to be done with respect toward the AF. And I actually agree with him about that.

(In regards to the photos, CB looked fantastic [I normally cringe at her fashion choices] and RDA, 40 pounds heavier, would still get tackled to the ground without a second thought. Also, CJ should never wear shirts...there should be like, a law or something.)
                    Exactly!!
                    sigpic

Comment

Bummer.
                      What a sensible man. I do love RDA when he's on form like this.
                      sigpic

Jack and Daniel...the old married couple.

Comment

Pffft, everyone knows Cam has been ploughing her since Continuum...

Comment

I believe the movie will open with S/J confirmation. Before the *%#t hits the fan and the plot begins to unfold. And then we'll get little moments throughout the rest of the movie.
                          sigpic
                          Thanks to Oma-1 for the beautiful banner!

Comment

Originally posted by leiasky View Post
                            I believe the movie will open with S/J confirmation. Before the *%#t hits the fan and the plot begins to unfold. And then we'll get little moments throughout the rest of the movie.
                            i'll take that!!

(guh... at this point in time, i'll take the confirmation on sgu )
                            sally

sigpic

Comment

From Mallozzi's March 1st, 2012 blog entry, a mailbag, someone asks the status of Jack & Sam, if the 3rd Stargate SG-1 movie had ever been made, to which Mallozzi replies:

"All I can say to that is that, there’s a dinner scene in the first draft of Stargate: Revolution that made it pretty clear that Jack and Sam were, in fact, together."
                              Are you in the Kansas City area? Do you know any SG fans in the area?
                              Email me and join the local group of Stargate enthusiasts! (Email address in my profile.)
                              What if... events occurred differently in Stargate? | Which version Stargate fan are you?
                              An all new crew: Who would you want MGM to hire for a new Stargate show or movie(s)?
                              When have you met SG cast or crew (excluding conventions)?
                              Stargate Enthusiasts in the Kansas City Area | Being Introduced to Stargate

Comment

Originally posted by Dr. D. View Post
                                From Mallozzi's March 1st, 2012 blog entry, a mailbag, someone asks the status of Jack & Sam, if the 3rd Stargate SG-1 movie had ever been made, to which Mallozzi replies:

"All I can say to that is that, there’s a dinner scene in the first draft of Stargate: Revolution that made it pretty clear that Jack and Sam were, in fact, together."
                                I really hope that they will find a way to make this movie and if not...I hope that they will do a novel...

The whole idea about a Jack-centric movie would be awesome. Stargate began with him and it should end with him...+ I think it's about time that the world knows what's going on in the Cheyenne Mountain^^
                                (and as a die-hard big S/J shipper I want to see this dinner scene xDD)

Comment

Working...
                                X