Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

My thoughts about Sam and Jack in the third movie (spec and spoilers)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My thoughts about Sam and Jack in the third movie (spec and spoilers)

Just what it says, this is for MY THOUGHTS (read YOUR personal thoughts) about the potential for Sam and Jack in the third movie.

How you think the angle will effect the movie? How you think it might happen? What you think might happen? What do you think the spoilers mean in regards to the Sam/Jack angle?

This is not the place for general discussion of the movie in general. We already have a thread for that.

This is NOT the place for anyone, either side, to tell the others that they are wrong. Not the place for name calling. Not the place for a snark fest.

The potential for Sam and Jack is a valid and legitimate topic, however, this will not turn into a slang fest. So keep it respectful, keep it clean and keep it polite. And if the mods don't feel that you are doing that, they reserve the right to moderate anyone they feel breaks the rules.

Keep your comments on the TOPIC, which, by the way, is not 'what I think about those other fans'.
    Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

I think the major revelation will be that Cameron has been smashing the granny out of her since AoT, and Jack hasn't had a look in.

Comment

Just what it says, this is for MY THOUGHTS (read YOUR personal thoughts) about the potential for Sam and Jack in the third movie.

How you think the angle will effect the movie?

since i don't really know what the movie's about... i'm sure the movie isn't primarily about sam/jack , but a side story wouldn't dominate anything and shouldn't, in theory, ruin the move for anyone.

How you think it might happen?

since i'm SUPER HOPING that the 3rd movie confirms sam and jack are already IN a relationship... i don't really know how they'll do this. *if* they do this, but i want it to happen.

but something simple, like acting or speaking like a couple, should work.

What you think might happen?

i'm thinking something simple.

What do you think the spoilers mean in regards to the Sam/Jack angle?

the only real spoilers i've read is about a 'romantic' scene, written by brad...

personally, and this is from my heart, i'd LOVE to see a kiss between them! that would pretty much confirm they're together, and not much dialog would be needed.

this storyline's been going on a looooong time, and i'm still waiting for the outcome. *hopes and prays for confirmation*
      sally

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by KEK View Post
        I think the major revelation will be that Cameron has been smashing the granny out of her since AoT, and Jack hasn't had a look in.
        They could have a twist in the movie, O'neill and Carter end up in the past, turns out they're Mitchell's real parents and gave him up for adoption to conceal it lol

+ = lol
        sigpic

Comment

I do think that the next movie will wrap up the S/J story. BW has been working on it since the very beginning of the show and it wouldn't make much sense for TPTB to leave such a long-running arc unresolved. The fact that he called in Carl Binder to help write the script certainly gives me hope in that regard, as well. Plus, the NY Times has called a romance angle the "holy grail" of action-adventure TV so from a commercial standpoint it also makes sense. The main S/J ship thread has the most page views of any thread here at GW, which reinforces just how popular this particular romance really is.

I think that the S/J story will be just a brief "awww" moment in the movie, nothing to detract from the central story, whatever that is. That's just in keeping with how it's always been done. I also think that it'll show they've been an item for a while- perhaps since Threads. Really, TPTB have done a very clever job with all the little hints they've dropped since then- from Jack selling a motorcycle that he doesn't own to Sam talking about a moonbase that doesn't exist.

COuld they write in a sad ending for our star-crossed lovers? Sure. But SG-1 tends to be a little more idealistic and upbeat, so I think they won't. They'll have plenty of opportunity for that with SGU.
          Last edited by VSS; 07 January 2010, 05:53 PM.

Comment

I don't think they'll focus too much on it during the main part of the movie, but I'd love it if the very last scene was a fade out with the two of them arm in arm, looking out at the stars from the deck of Sam's ship.
            Or something like that...
            sigpic

Comment

Or the ending is Sam and Jack on the dock of his cabin, it's dark and the stars are out and a shooting star goes by and jack says 'that never gets old' as they snuggle...fade to black

not taking over the movie, but an acknowledgment at the end

sigpic

Comment

That'd be nice- but if it's the last shot of the movie it wouldn't be right unless Teal'c and Daniel were there, too.

In fact, I'd even let 'em throw in Cam if I could have a scene like that.

Comment

then maybe it opens with that, the two together, the phone rings, opening whatever plot bit starts the movie rolling

the end can be the team with jack saying he's goiing to the cabin, daniel or cam tries to invite themselves along and jack or sam is 'nah, not this time'

or there's some comment about them all coming, daniel 'i don't wanna sleep on the couch' implying that there's not enough beds and it comes out that now there's enough to go around cause sam and jack are sharing....something like that, that gives the pairing without excluding the others

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Skydiver View Post
                    Or the ending is Sam and Jack on the dock of his cabin, it's dark and the stars are out and a shooting star goes by and jack says 'that never gets old' as they snuggle...fade to black

that sounds nice.

but i sooo hope for a kiss to seal the deal. not an imaginary one, a virus induced one, an alternate reality one, or a time travel equals erased one, but a REAL bona-fide kiss between them!
                    sally

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Skydiver View Post

I'd hate that with a passion. Why should Sam and Jack take precedence over Teal'c and Daniel (and, to be honest, Jonas, Cam and Vala too)? Why should their relationship overshadow all others? SG1 was a success due to the chemistry of the team, not some overblown romance. Daniel and Jack have been in the SG1 story since the start, in the original film, but I would no more want the last scene to be just the two them than of being just Sam and Jack. If this is the last film, it needs a team ending.

I found the relationship at best unconvincing, trite and cliché, at it's worse it was character destroying and disruptive to the magical team dynamic. I would prefer TPTB to keep with their previous game plan of pleasing the most fans by ambiguity, allowing the fans of the relationship their reading of the show and leaving the rest of us to enjoy all the other aspects of the show.

If they do feel the need to resurrect a five year old plot line, I hope they do it in as little screen time as possible so we can enjoy the rest of the film but I'd rather focus on the future of SG1, rather than dwell on the past.

FF
                      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Frostfox View Post
                        I'd hate that with a passion. Why should Sam and Jack take precedence over Teal'c and Daniel (and, to be honest, Jonas, Cam and Vala too)? Why should their relationship overshadow all others? SG1 was a success due to the chemistry of the team, not some overblown romance. Daniel and Jack have been in the SG1 story since the start, in the original film, but I would no more want the last scene to be just the two them than of being just Sam and Jack. If this is the last film, it needs a team ending.

I found the relationship at best unconvincing, trite and cliché, at it's worse it was character destroying and disruptive to the magical team dynamic. I would prefer TPTB to keep with their previous game plan of pleasing the most fans by ambiguity, allowing the fans of the relationship their reading of the show and leaving the rest of us to enjoy all the other aspects of the show.

If they do feel the need to resurrect a five year old plot line, I hope they do it in as little screen time as possible so we can enjoy the rest of the film but I'd rather focus on the future of SG1, rather than dwell on the past.

FF
                        I wouldn't worry if I were yuou. The first 2 movies were successful without any overt ship and I'm sure TPTB won't stray from the tried and tested in the 3rd movie. They have nothing to gain if they provide a positive confirmation to the ship and I'm sure they'd keep it ambiguous. If TPTB had wanted to solve the ship they've had plenty of opportunities in the past including the 2 movies...

Comment

Originally posted by siles View Post
                          I wouldn't worry if I were yuou. The first 2 movies were successful without any overt ship and I'm sure TPTB won't stray from the tried and tested in the 3rd movie. They have nothing to gain if they provide a positive confirmation to the ship and I'm sure they'd keep it ambiguous. If TPTB had wanted to solve the ship they've had plenty of opportunities in the past including the 2 movies...
                          i have a feeling this 3rd movie will be the last...

i have a feeling the over decade long s/j storyline will finally be resolved in confirmation...
                          sally

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Frostfox View Post
                            Daniel and Jack have been in the SG1 story since the start, in the original film, but I would no more want the last scene to be just the two them than of being just Sam and Jack. If this is the last film, it needs a team ending.
                            Yes this. Although, I wouldn't mind an ending/last scene featuring only Jack and Daniel. They started and I think them ending it would be ok. In fact, I actually want an end featuring only Jack and Daniel...

As for everything else. I really don't see a problem having a bit of Sam/Jack included. I'm not really a shipper, but the dynamic between them never ruined anything for me or made me enjoy any episode less and it would be nice to lay it to rest.

Besides, after Daniel/Vala I think it's safe to say that TPTB don't care about alienating any of the fanbase by pushing something that might not be popular with all the viewers. And why would they care? I very much doubt the fanbase that has hung around this long is going to go running if Jack and Sam kiss, or have some sort of tender moment.
                            Last edited by Ashizuri; 08 January 2010, 03:53 PM.
                            Originally posted by Callista
                            Ahhh! Ashizuri can see into the future!!
                            Originally posted by HPMom
                            She saw the candle light as many things.

Comment

The potential ended in threads.
                              Tst

Comment

Working...
                              X