X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Should this be taken seriously

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rS8jb...layer_embedded

Apparently this is causing a stir in the states, I would see why(believe me I do), every organisation against this would be suing KFC australia.

I personally think people should get over it.
    Tst

Seriously? They started a debate over this?
    Ok...just personal opinion : I see a poor fan being stranded on the stands of the opposing team. That was my first thought and I was kind of waiting for the racist part.
    sigpic
    Thanks for the Sig go to the talented Fainne
    Spoiler:
    Which Supernatural character are you? (I hate those things..but sadly it fits )
    You're John! You are skilled and smart, but world-weary and a little jaded. You're a serial monogamist, and you love hard. You can sometimes be a little too narrow-minded, and stubborn to a fault, but your heart is always in the right place.

The GateWorld Cantina - Kara : Runner gone Wraith gone Wraith Queen gone human barmaid

Comment

?
      This is the first I have seen of this. Youtube is filled with nut cases that should never be taken seriously and just ignored. I don't see anything to complain about here.
      By Nolamom
      sigpic

Comment

I don't think that it was intended to be racist. I actually started laughing because my thought was, "who was so stupid as to think that this was a good idea and would go over well?"

Comment

Originally posted by Jeffala View Post
          I don't think that it was intended to be racist. I actually started laughing because my thought was, "who was so stupid as to think that this was a good idea and would go over well?"
          I am not so much interested in who had the idea...but I'd really like to know if any Australian or Carribean (hope I am correct here...I am not really into cricket so I am not familiar with the teams ) citizen, was offended by that ad.
          Without hearing about that debate in the US before watching of course.
          sigpic
          Thanks for the Sig go to the talented Fainne
          Spoiler:
          Which Supernatural character are you? (I hate those things..but sadly it fits )
          You're John! You are skilled and smart, but world-weary and a little jaded. You're a serial monogamist, and you love hard. You can sometimes be a little too narrow-minded, and stubborn to a fault, but your heart is always in the right place.

The GateWorld Cantina - Kara : Runner gone Wraith gone Wraith Queen gone human barmaid

Comment

Originally posted by Karhedron View Post
            I am not so much interested in who had the idea...but I'd really like to know if any Australian or Carribean (hope I am correct here...I am not really into cricket so I am not familiar with the teams ) citizen, was offended by that ad.
            That's the thing, I have never heard of it!
            By Nolamom
            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Karhedron View Post
              It really is no different to the idea of an Arsenal football fan sitting amongst Manchester United fans during a game. It really isn't racist. The only reason people are getting upset is because of the differing ethnicity between the fan, and the fans he's sitting with. Apparently, it's just not allowed to show any form of interaction between people of differing ethnicities. *rolls eyes*

"Five Rounds Rapid"

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Flying Officer Bennett View Post
                It really is no different to the idea of an Arsenal football fan sitting amongst Manchester United fans during a game. It really isn't racist. The only reason people are getting upset is because of the differing ethnicity between the fan, and the fans he's sitting with. Apparently, it's just not allowed to show any form of interaction between people of differing ethnicities. *rolls eyes*
                It's called being politically correct
                By Nolamom
                sigpic

Comment

The reason that people are getting upset isn't because of the racial differences, it's because the white guy's way to make friends with the black guys is to offer them fried chicken. "Black folk loving fried chicken" is a stereotype.

I'm actually more disturbed, though, that the Fried Chicken article on Wikipedia lists African American as a "See Also".

Comment

Originally posted by Jeffala View Post
                    The reason that people are getting upset isn't because of the racial differences, it's because the white guy's way to make friends with the black guys is to offer them fried chicken. "Black folk loving fried chicken" is a stereotype.

I'm actually more disturbed, though, that the Fried Chicken article on Wikipedia lists African American as a "See Also".
                    In that case, it's a US stereotype. We certainly don't have it here.

"Five Rounds Rapid"

sigpic

Comment

And it's probably not well known in Australia, which would explain how it got through.

Comment

It doesn't matter if the stereotype is not so well-known everywhere, the commercial is playing with it regardless hence making it a bit racist. But I don't think this is anything to get upset about, it's (imo) a quite harmless and amusing advertisement.

Comment

Originally posted by PeteJ View Post
                          It doesn't matter if the stereotype is not so well-known everywhere, the commercial is playing with it regardless hence making it a bit racist. But I don't think this is anything to get upset about, it's a quite harmless and amusing advertisement (imo).
                          Racist to whom? This commercial was made by Australians not Americans. It's not their fault that they don't know every countries racist ways.
                          By Nolamom
                          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by aretood2 View Post
                            Racist to whom? This commercial was made by Australians not Americans. It's not their fault that they don't know every countries racist ways.
                            To blacks? The stereotype is quite global and even I, whose face is whiter than milk (I'm from North Pole), knew it.

Playing with well-known racist stereotypes is racist, whether you accept it or not, I don't really care.

Comment

I would have tackled that man down the minute he brought that chicken out (that was my first thought I loves me some fried chicken) second thought... WTF why do people freak out over little things like this...

Comment

Working...
                              X