This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by AresLover452 View Post
    I can't believe I even watched S5 either!!

i have a fanfic going for Beka and Tyr (well not even done Ch.1 yet) But I have it as Beka being a Neitzchean all along only her pride was nearly wiped out so she had to hide amongst humans.
    mmmm that sounds really interesting I'd have to check that out, when you eventually write it
    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Linda06 View Post
      mmmm that sounds really interesting I'd have to check that out, when you eventually write it
      I have it on a word Document, but I haven't posted Ch.1 yet... lol!! But when I get it posted I will send you the link... lol!!
      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by EvilSpaceAlien View Post
        Is that huge thing that is thousands of times brighter than the sun?.... Never mind, it's just McKay's ego.

Sorry, can't see it.
        Oh.....Well my halo can't compete with McKays ego

Originally posted by AresLover452 View Post
        I have it on a word Document, but I haven't posted Ch.1 yet... lol!! But when I get it posted I will send you the link... lol!!
        Cool, I look forward to it. I need some new fics to read. I'm fedup reading the same one's over and over again
        sigpic

Comment

I think Beka and Tyr were my fave ship from Andromeda.... the just had that... you know connection.
          sigpic

Comment

When the show first aired I gave up on it after the first couple of episodes. In fact the first episode was enough for me. I absolutely hated the casting, and some of the creative decisions. I guess I am in the minority in thinking the whole Magog was poorly conceived, if not executed (IMO the same for the Wraith).

But the show was syndicated, so it was somewhat difficult to miss. Over the years I would catch an episode or two and it just did not interest me. A few years after it ended I came across the full DVD set, given to me for free. It sat for a while, then I can not explain what propelled me to start watching, but I did. I will now say that watching a few episodes is a turn off to this show, yet watching the full series is somewhat filling to say the least. Maybe it is because this is one of the rare Scifi/genre shows that actually ran it's full course and was not prematurely ended.

The final season could be confusing if you did not pay attention, lost focus, or simply did not remember certain aspects. It was a dramatic shift in theme, but overall it did fit into the overall arc. This show did have one hell of a story arc, which may be the sole reason why I can say I actually liked the show.

I would also like to point something out I always found extremely interesting, and that is the show had top notch special effects. In fact it seemed this show had a higher budget for FX than most, including BSG and Stargate which re-used the same sets, and same Canadian woods. For it's day, and considering the budget they must have had, what they did was simply astounding. Practically gives most other shows no excuse for their limited or pathetic FX.

In the end, just try and catch a few episodes on syndication. Try and rent a few episodes, maybe through Netflix. I can't say this show should be recomended any more than many other shows simply because it will come down to personal tastes. Ditto the same for SG1, which is just not everyone's cup of tea.

Comment

Working...
            X