X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Is Andromeda Worth Buying?

I'm keen to find out about this show.

Is it worth it buying the series. I've seen it advertised for $199 here where I live in a special triangle shaped tin.

The price seems good for a 30 disk set. So what is the actual show like?
    Go home aliens, go home!!!!

My personal opinion no. The idea is a good one but the execution was terrible. But the end of the series I felt like I had wasted a bunch of time. I will say this though S1 is top notch. But as with any series opinions differ.
    Originally posted by aretood2
    Jelgate is right

Comment

Andromeda was an interesting idea that went downhill very fast. That's a lot of money to spend. Maybe rent a few episodes first to see if you like the ideas before sinking that much cash into something you've never seen.
      sigpic

Comment

I've only seen season 1, and it was alright. Seemed like an idea with a ton of potential. I haven't heard a lot of good things about seasons 2-5 though.
        "A society grows great when old men plant trees, the shade of which they know they will never sit in. Good people do things for other people. That's it, the end." -- Penelope Wilton in Ricky Gervais's After Life

Comment

Originally posted by Amalthea View Post
          Andromeda was an interesting idea that went downhill very fast. That's a lot of money to spend. Maybe rent a few episodes first to see if you like the ideas before sinking that much cash into something you've never seen.
          I agree.

I will add though that the first three seasons are worth that much money, and good swathes of the fourth...and the last episode

Comment

S1-3 are really good, 4 & 5 are not worth the time to see. S-5 is really a waste of time, made no sense and had no point.

But i do recommend S1-3.
            sigpic

Comment

I'd say Andromeda is worth a headache and maybe a week old chocolate chip cookie.

Comment

i've never seen it but from what i've been told it's very cheesy and the first 3 seasons are the best
                https://twitter.com/#!/Solar_wind84

Comment

After each season, it just got worse and worse. Personally I feel it suffered the same fate as Earth:Final Conflict (like Andromeda, it was another posthumous Roddenberry show). Just as each season went on, it just had me losing interest. I could find myself watching it with nothing else to do but even then, I would not pay much attention to it. I don't think I even watched more than 3 episodes of season 5 of Andromeda.

It's definitely a show you'd want to watch on Hulu (if they have it) and keep your money for something better.

sigpic

Comment

I have to agree with most of the other posters I loved the first few seasons, but the last one was not much and was very disjointed.
                    I would say rent the first season and see for yourself. I did love it though, but then I love most Sci Fi. I loved the original concept, I loved the ship, and I loved the avatar. Kevin Sorbo wasn't too bad either
                    no means no, and so does pepper spray
                    Sig by The Carpenter
                    sigpic

Comment

I did own some of the earlier seasons but haven't seen any of the last season at all.

If Netflix has it, I may rent it just so I can say I watched the whole thing. I don't mind Kevin Sorbo either. *wink*

IHS
                      sigpic

Comment

It's just an okay show.
                        It's something that I would watch on a rainy afternoon, but in my opinion, it's nothing worth buying. The only character I really liked was Rommie/Andromeda, the other ones just fell flat to me. I do agree with he other men, women, and variations thereupon, who have posted here, that the series got worse as it progressed.

In the end it's up to you, but as I said, I don't think it's worth buying.
                        sigpic

Comment

I'd have to agree with the others here. Great concept, good show but didn't really reach it's full potential. The last season was bad though...It was....pointless? Oh heck I'm not sure what the last season was supposed to be
                          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by EvilSpaceAlien View Post
                            It's just an okay show.
                            It's something that I would watch on a rainy afternoon, but in my opinion, it's nothing worth buying. The only character I really liked was Rommie/Andromeda, the other ones just fell flat to me. I do agree with he other men, women, and variations thereupon, who have posted here, that the series got worse as it progressed.

In the end it's up to you, but as I said, I don't think it's worth buying.
                            I liked Rommie too And Rhade What? He was HOT!!! *iz not shallow*
                            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Pharaoh Atem View Post
                              i've never seen it but from what i've been told it's very cheesy and the first 3 seasons are the best
                              S4&5 were really bad.

Originally posted by Linda06 View Post
                              I'd have to agree with the others here. Great concept, good show but didn't really reach it's full potential. The last season was bad though...It was....pointless? Oh heck I'm not sure what the last season was supposed to be
                              S5 had no point I think that after Wolfe left the writing team at the end of S3 is just went down hill from there.

Originally posted by Linda06 View Post
                              I liked Rommie too And Rhade What? He was HOT!!! *iz not shallow*
                              I liked Rommie, Beka, Tyr (hawtness), Harper and Trance (purple trance)
                              sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X