Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

INTERVIEW: Erick Avari "Kasuf"

Audio interview

For some actors, what they do is strictly a job. They may be great at that job, but at the end of the day, it is still just a way to collect a paycheck. For others, acting is a way of life -- an art form. One that they continue to finesse, fine-tune, and strive to perfect. Actor Erick Avari falls into the latter category -- with roots in the Stargate franchise that date back to the original film fifteen years ago.

Avari was gracious enough to speak at length with us about his body of acting work. In the interview, he discusses how he ended up in the industry, how he landed the role of "Kasuf" in the Stargate feature film, reprising that role for SG-1, his feelings on conventions and the fans who attend them, his personal obligations and beliefs as an actor, and much more!

This interview runs over 45 minutes and is available in audio. It's also transcribed below!
    https://twitter.com/#!/Solar_wind84

EA: That, and they were able to tell it in an interesting fashion. And, again, just far enough removed where one was able to see the bigger picture. I think that, to me, is the most powerful element of sci-fi. I always believed that it's not the destination. It's the journey that's really what's important. It certainly tickles the imagination, and in doing so it removes some of the barriers and social norms that we put on ourselves, that society does. And I find sci-fi fans are among the most progressive, broad-minded ... I don't want to use the word liberal, but progressive probably is the best word to describe sci-fi fans. And it's always a pleasure to meet and talk to fans of sci-fi because you always get a refreshing and interesting perspective on things.
    Speaking as a long term SF fan (mostly written, not so much visual media) and as someone ever so slightly to the right of Ayn Rand, I was really curious as to what he meant. Fandom is a reflection of the general public. Most of the political positions found in the general public find their way to fandom.

Comment

Working...
    X