Season One

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Season One

I just watched recently during the holidays in two days the first season of Heroes and I instantly got hooked again (lost sight of it in season two), I think the first season of heroes is an awesome work of piece and i love how they the bring up questions but kinda tries to answer most of it in season one. The 23 Episodes looked for me like a whole movie... and still sylar is one of the most bad ass villains i know i just love how the actor tries to portray him first that he wants to be more special and than realises after killing his mother, that he really became evil and how he manipulated mohinder is evil bad ass to. just loved this season. I dont understand why heroes gets in the us/uk so bad reviews, in germany not so much.
    sigpic

The first season got fantastic reviews and ratings in its first season in the US. But Season 2 damaged people's view of the show. I personally didn't think that Season 2 was that bad, definitely not the best though. I hope the show gets a fifth season. Seasons 4 has been fantastic so far(and Season 3 had some nice moments as well).

Comment

Originally posted by Replicator Todd View Post
      The first season got fantastic reviews and ratings in its first season in the US. But Season 2 damaged people's view of the show. I personally didn't think that Season 2 was that bad, definitely not the best though. I hope the show gets a fifth season. Seasons 4 has been fantastic so far(and Season 3 had some nice moments as well).
      You and me both. All we can do is hope. So far, this season has been really good.
      sigpic
      MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
      "...phu...ah..."
      "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
      Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

Problem was, Villians had such potential from the trailers they were showing. I was expecting the escaped villains and heroes to be having big fights and all. Hell, even the power-inducing syrum had a great story.

Instead they decided to go the way of time travel and that stupid eclipse thing.
        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by the fifth man View Post
          You and me both. All we can do is hope. So far, this season has been really good.
          I hope so to because according to Greg Grumberg in a recent interview, he mentions that the season finale isn't worthy of being a series finale episode. Not that this season finale will be bad, but because it doesn't offer any kind of closure for the characters.

i just hope that if this is the final season, they give the show a proper ending.

Comment

I definitely think there is going to be a fifth season, because Tim Kring thinks there is going to be.

Comment

im just in the middle of season two... and... i dont know, it is not bad i quite like it, especially the mat / father part. but i dont know it feels like smths missing. but im enjoying... only claire gets me on the nerve. i dont care about her.
              sigpic

Comment

Keep going Sp!der, Season 3 is better. (IMO)

Comment

Originally posted by Replicator Todd View Post
                  I definitely think there is going to be a fifth season, because Tim Kring thinks there is going to be.
                  Tim Kring is already pitching idea's for a 5th season to NBC execs though, if the series does end this season, we'll be stuck with a cliffhanger..

Comment

I'm kind of disappointed they haven't paid any attention to the mythology of the series and the f symbol. I think heroes lacks the mystery that it once had, but I still very much enjoy it.

Comment

The first season was epic, godlike... ever since it's pure crap. Sad, but true.

Comment

naah, im at the end of season 3, although villains was a bit poor the whole sides switching was a bit annoying and i learend to hate hiro, seriously ando should work alone but fugitives is sooo awesome! i like it when it is that dark and the future is unknown, i like how most of the ones with abilities try to work together. and whats up with angela, and Sylar... Sylar is the best, but i can never watch Star Trek again because ill have always slyar in my head when i see zachary quinto. was sad that adam monroe had to die so early, i really enjoyed his character. season 2 was not really good but season 3 gets really superb especially in the last volume, can season four live up to season three standards?
                        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by drake122 View Post
                          The first season was epic, godlike... ever since it's pure crap. Sad, but true.
                          i've hard the same
                          https://twitter.com/#!/Solar_wind84

Comment

Well, seeing as volume five has now ended, let me share my thoughts on the different volumes:

Volume 1 was fantastic. Awesome characters, great storytelling, blahblah, won't have to explain this anymore

Volume 2 was less than volume 1, but still very enjoyable. Maya, while easy to look at, got really on my nerves, as did Claire. Redeeming factors in this season were Elle and Adam, though.

Volume 3 was less than volume 2 (noticing a pattern here ), but still enjoyable. What ruined it was that the plot became a mess near the end of the season, with everyone switching sides, and everyone acting OoC. They really should've planned things out better, as I'd have liked to have seen the Adam/Tracy/Knox trio in action from Angela's vision in the beginning of the season. Alll in all it remained good for some mindless entertainment, though.

Volume 4 started of weak, but became very good as the story progressed more (Bryan Fuller?), in fact I'd rank this my second-favourite volume (after vol. 1, ofc). Like above poster said, it's dark and the future is unknown. Plus they introduced some great characters (Danko, microwave-boy), and Sylar was in this volume made of awesome. It also had awesome moments: Tracy's 'death', Sylar and Danko teaming up to catch the shapeshifter, Sylar meeting his dad, Danko shoving Nathan out of a window...

Volume 5 was meh. Meh. Boring plots, slow storytelling, nothing actually happening... Seriously, they didn't need 19 episodes to tell this story. Ten would've been enough. Just... meh.
                            Mia: Don't you hate that?
                            Vincent: Hate what?
                            Mia: Uncomfortable silences. Why do we feel it's necessary to yak about bullsh*t in order to be comfortable?
                            Vincent: I don't know. That's a good question.
                            Mia: That's when you know you've found somebody really special: you can just shut the f*** up for a minute and comfortably share silence.
                            - Pulp Fiction

Comment

Season 1 was so good that the later seasons had a lot to live up to and, unfortunately, they failed. I went from eagerly looking forward to each new episode in Season 1 to becoming bored with the show after the first few episodes of Season 2. After that, I only watched the show sporadically.

The word epic gets thrown around a lot, but in this case that word aptly describes Heroes' first season.
                              sigpic
                              Sig by Luciana

Comment

Working...
                              X