Dollhouse Art and General Discussion

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Dollhouse Art and General Discussion

So I noticed no art threads, as of yet... Basically, this thread is for art and also general discussion, so if you just want to chat about Dollhouse you can post in here too!

Some of my artwork...

Echo:

Whiskey/Dr Saunders:

Last edited by LiliJ; 03 January 2010, 03:48 PM.
    ~Thanks to Achaja for my lovely birthday presents!!~

Topher:

Other:

Everything is snurchable - just let me know and credit please!

Comment

SQUEEEE I knew something was missing in this section Good that you started this thread Lili How about spoilery artworks, are there any restrictions?
      sigpic
      sig thanks to Luci

Comment

Just pop them in spoiler tags if they reveal anything complicated from S2 Can't wait to post my challenge icons!

Comment

Ok Me too!

little spoiler for s2e08
          Spoiler:

sigpic
          sig thanks to Luci

Comment

and more...

(all are snurchable, credit not needed-just don't claim as you own)

Lili I'm snurching Echo with vid cam icon, and last whiskey icon for lj, will credit you
            sigpic
            sig thanks to Luci

Comment

Hehe thanks for letting me know

Discussion points...

Spoiler:
              - Is Echo's fledgling personality really Caroline emerging?
              - Why do Sierra and Victor (or Priya and Tony) not stay together? (see Epitaph One)
              - Why did Caroline leave Bennett behind trapped? (see The Left Hand)
              - How/why does Dr Saunders return to the Dollhouse?
              - What part of Paul did Topher have to take away?

(All in spoilers for S2)

SQUEE!! Just found this VERY spoilerish and VERY exciting image...

Spoiler:

And something else to discuss that I found when I should have been writing my essays...

My opinion...

Dollhouse took a time to gain momentum in the first series and just wasn't gripping enough for an American audience. This sounds really bad, but it's not an insult - the show's structure and style is very similar to that of English scifi.

"But all too often, viewers had to wade through 35 minutes of generic standalone story before getting a nugget of the overall arc, and frankly, TV is too competitive and our attention spans are too short to make this tolerable." (from the above article linked)
              If you watch something like Dr Who that's how it's done - standalone eps for most of the series with bits of the arc thrown in, then a finale. It's possible Dollhouse may do better on British TV, but then, it's showing on a terrible timeslot without any publicity

IMO, Dollhouse is intelligent and thrilling without being all-action, and perhaps this is the reason for its cancellation. I do agree with point 2 though - that Echo wasn't interesting enough. That and tbh, I really don't like Caroline... Echo in S2 just appeals to me more

Comment

More promo images for Getting Closer and The Hollow Men...

Comment

hmm where to start...

I clicked on first spoiler and saw it!!!! omg!omg!omg! *no more I say*

About Caroline - neither do I Even Echo said lately: sorry spoiler for s2 latest episodes)
                  Spoiler:
                  I am not Caroline. I'm Echo.
                  (something like that) she became more Echo, it builded her as a personality, because she's got all this inprints/memories still in her mind.

I also thnk Dollhouse is great, inteligent show, however I must admit that in first half of each season it was hard. Hard to focus, maybe to understand, but it was neccesary to get know whole this "world". And both second halfs were just outstanding! Action, plot, actors' play - all is great! That's why is hard to deal with cancelation.
                  sigpic
                  sig thanks to Luci

Comment

I know I know! I love those two - they are hilariously made for each other *happy*

Yeah I don't like Caroline and I think after seeing what Bennett showed her Echo doesn't either. But I'm afraid because it's Eliza's show, and Caroline (methinks) is *Eliza* (or at least HER character in that she created her) it will end up with Echo becoming Caroline independently or something

Which I don't want. I think there are small differences (*small voice* and if Whedon had independently have written this show Echo would have been way more different to Caroline) and they are important. Caroline just strikes me as v whiney and annoying. Of course the fact that the whole reason for the start of her (later justified) vendetta against Rossum was the fact that they tested on animals for medical research.

Yeah, if companies and hospitals didn't do that people would DIE. I know several members of my family would be dead if it weren't for animal testing.

Anyway, Dollhouse rules

Fave ep?

Comment

Just realised I didn't post this icon...

Comment

oh! very pretty icon Lili

As for the favourite episode, this far "Love supreme"
                        ...and all with Alpha

but also these with Mellie/but from season 1. Yours?
                        sigpic
                        sig thanks to Luci

Comment

Yeah I loved November... And I like how they made Madeline have a nice edge which was a nice difference to Mellie. And I'm intruiged by what's mentioned about her in Epitaph One...

Victor/Tony: What about November?
                          Sierra/Priya: Which one?
                          Hmm....

I do also love Alpha - Alan Tudyk is such a spectacular actor!

Comment

The end of season 1 was for me a bit complicated, I guess I need to rewatch it to better understand

Eliza (from Luci's tut)
                            sigpic
                            sig thanks to Luci

Comment

Yeah you should - Epitaph One is my fave ep And gorgeous siggy! Good use of the tut

Comment

Working...
                              X