This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Series 31 Discussion, Speculation and Spoilers

This is for GENERAL DISCUSSION about the new doctor, his new companion, the new Tardis, and the new season/series of Doctor Who

If you want IN DEPTH discussion of the new Doctor, his Companion or the Tardis, we have threads for that, and in depth discussion needs to go there.

You want to witch and whinge about the changes, go somewhere else. You want to DISCUSS the changes, then please DISCUSS them.

Rudeness, nastiness, snarking will not be tolerated. And the moderators will decide when your comments cross the line.

If you want to DISCUSS, please do so. If all you want to to is complain and spoil it for others, then your comments need to be taken off the forum.
    Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Originally posted by Skydiver View Post
    This is for GENERAL DISCUSSION about the new doctor, his new companion, the new Tardis, and the new season/series of Doctor Who

If you want IN DEPTH discussion of the new Doctor, his Companion or the Tardis, we have threads for that, and in depth discussion needs to go there.

You want to witch and whinge about the changes, go somewhere else. You want to DISCUSS the changes, then please DISCUSS them.

Rudeness, nastiness, snarking will not be tolerated. And the moderators will decide when your comments cross the line.

If you want to DISCUSS, please do so. If all you want to to is complain and spoil it for others, then your comments need to be taken off the forum.
    I for one am looking forward to Norwegian Soldiers vs Weeping Angels, The Royal Air Force, a more subdued Doctor, the potential for a non annoying companion, and a snazzy new TARDIS.

Matt Smith has by confidence until he proves me wrong.

Can I also say - Huzzah for the Return of the St John Ambulance Logo on the New TARDIS door.

"Five Rounds Rapid"

sigpic

Comment

I'm looking forward to seeing the Weeping Angels again, they were my favourite enemies of the last few series

Well done to Carey Mulligan (Sally Sparrow) for her brilliant success in Films

And to Finlay Robertson (Larry Nightingale) for keeping me guessing as to where I'd seen him before in Taggart, not too sure I want to see the Daleks again but we'll have to see how SM treats them, looking forward to a whole load of new enemies and what SM is planning to do with River Song, always assuming that's who Alex Kingston is playing

Comment

Originally posted by Reefgirl View Post
        I'm looking forward to seeing the Weeping Angels again, they were my favourite enemies of the last few series

Well done to Carey Mulligan (Sally Sparrow) for her brilliant success in Films

And to Finlay Robertson (Larry Nightingale) for keeping me guessing as to where I'd seen him before in Taggart, not too sure I want to see the Daleks again but we'll have to see how SM treats them, looking forward to a whole load of new enemies and what SM is planning to do with River Song, always assuming that's who Alex Kingston is playing
        I concur about the Daleks... BUT, they appear to be of the Remembrance of the Daleks era (one is White, the other is greeny-grey). Despite the fact I believe it to be far too soon to have another Dalek ep, the fact that they don't appear to be ANYWHERE near connected to the time war, unlike the lone dalek in 'Dalek', or the fleet in 'Parting of the Ways', or the Cult of Skaro and anything connected to their actions. Some nice, old fashioned Daleks might be a breath of fresh air.

Steven Moffat appears to have tapped into my enjoyment factor though, for me, real world armed forces vs alien/paranormal menaces = BIG HIT. It's why I still like the BFG, despite having grown up a long time ago.

"Five Rounds Rapid"

sigpic

Comment

Does anybody else think the new Doctor looks like the young George McFly from Back to the Future? (the hair mainly).

Comment

Originally posted by Flying Officer Bennett View Post
            I concur about the Daleks... BUT, they appear to be of the Remembrance of the Daleks era (one is White, the other is greeny-grey). Despite the fact I believe it to be far too soon to have another Dalek ep, the fact that they don't appear to be ANYWHERE near connected to the time war, unlike the lone dalek in 'Dalek', or the fleet in 'Parting of the Ways', or the Cult of Skaro and anything connected to their actions. Some nice, old fashioned Daleks might be a breath of fresh air.

Steven Moffat appears to have tapped into my enjoyment factor though, for me, real world armed forces vs alien/paranormal menaces = BIG HIT. It's why I still like the BFG, despite having grown up a long time ago.
            I had the feeling they were 'Old School' Daleks

Comment

the hell with the weeping angels i'm looking forward to matt smith
              https://twitter.com/#!/Solar_wind84

Comment

Probably worth linking to this, some spoilers from set report photos etc that I posted way back in August (How time flies)

http://forum.gateworld.net/showthread.php?t=68674
                A word of advice... there are creatures that live between this dimension and the next, fiendish creatures that feast on the suffering of an entire world to satiate their eternal hunger. Support the Gateworld Cantina or suffer the fate of all who fall into the clutches of the 'Eladrith Ynneas'

Comment

Originally posted by Ian-S View Post
                  Does anybody else think the new Doctor looks like the young George McFly from Back to the Future? (the hair mainly).
                  Yes, I mentioned that here the first time I saw his picture! My son loves Back To The Future so it's on a LOT. His face is very similar.
                  Orphan Black: Join the Clone Club Dance Party!

Comment

I'd just like to say how annoyed I was that Space did NOT show any preview. They just restarted their Doctor Who marathon with the The Next Doctor.

So I'm happy to hear about River and the Weeping Angels.
                    Orphan Black: Join the Clone Club Dance Party!

Comment

Really looking forward to this next season. Looks like it'll be back to just great story telling with a fantastic cast and fantastic enemies.

The only thing I wonder about is the fact that in the trailer we briefly see the doctor using a gun. One of the things I loved about the tenth doctor was his refusal to use a gun at all. I'm hoping that he still has that kind of attitude towards. Perhaps a little less strongly. But still It's one of the things I did like most about the tenth doctor.
                      Please do me a huge favour and help me be with the love of my life.

Comment

Well for the changes, I am too sure what to fully think yet.
                        • I wasn't originally happy with Matt Smith, but even after 30 seconds I did begin to change my mind which I think is a good sign that I will like him.
                        • Amy Pond played by a red headed actress is going to be interested in my opinion, seeing how in at least two regenerations the Doctor has been disappointed at not being ginger.
                        • I am not fond of Geronimo. It didn't really seem suited for The End of Time and while Alons-y was a bit weird, it was at least unique to me.
                        • I heard Murray Gold is redoing the theme so I look forward to that, as well as the redesign on the Tardis.
                        • Not sure if Steven Moffatt writing is a good idea.

About Moffatt though, If RTD is willing to leave Moffatt in charge then I don't think I need to worry about Moffatt but I know some of the episodes he has written and they wouldn't be on top of my fave episode list except for Silence in the Library and Forest of the Dead (my faves of the episodes he wrote), although to be fair he did also write The Empty Child and The Doctor Dances which introduced Captain Jack so he deserves a lot of credit for that.

I can't wait for the episodes with River Song. I am glad they used her in the preview and some of the early previews of the next series. If find it interesting that Moffatt is bring back characters from episodes he has written in the past. We have River Song from the Library/Forest episodes, the Weeping Angels from Blink and I hope he'll bring back Captain Jack. All he needs is someone from Girl in the Fireplace and he'd have someone from each of his stories.
                        Last edited by SaberBlade; 03 January 2010, 05:30 PM.

sigpic

Comment

RTD is completely gone, he wrote the script for EoT up until the point of regeneration, then left the last page blank for Moffat to finish it, RTD didn't even get to "sign off" on the new trailer, DW is nothing to do with him now and he get's no say in what happens, so if DW is crap, it's all Moffat's fault.

RTD has also previously said that the Moffat episodes were the only episodes that he never did a script re-write on, what Moffat submitted as the script was what we saw on screen.

Comment

Well Doctor Who has about 60 episodes including the specials, consider Moffatt only did about 8 of them, I am not sure that not editing any parts of them is high praise. The fact these episodes won awards is, and that could be one of the deciding factors on him but I guess it's just the fact that I am wasn't a big fan of his episodes beyond Library/Forest.

sigpic

Comment

I wouldn't mind seeing Matt Smith's Doctor use a little Venusian karate now and then. I remember reading that one of the earlier Doctors said he knew Venusian karate, but as I didn't see the episode it may have been in jest.
                              sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X