This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

2010 Stargate Movies

Do it is the new year of 2010 and i guess i am hopeing that mgm releases word on whether or not the new stargate movie will be shot this year and the SG-1 movie will be released at the end of the year and the atlantis movie will be released at the beginning of the year of 2011. At leas that is what i heard on the front of the movies. What do you say? or think?

I think if MGM gets their act together and becomes smarter they will greenlight both movies soon.
    sigpic

Comment

I think whatever company buys MGM will greenlit the movies
      Originally posted by aretood2
      Jelgate is right

Comment

Originally posted by jelgate View Post
        I think whatever company buys MGM will greenlit the movies
        Pooooooooor MGM. Didn't they pass on the last Rocky movie? I heard it made nearly double than the previous Rocky.
        sigpic

Comment

I'm guessing MGM will probably test the waters with an SG-1 movie then if it does well it will go full steam ahead on the Atlantis film.

Comment

Stargate movies are fairly low risk ventures. Unlike a feature film or an entire 20 episode season. They should get their ducks in a row.

Comment

Was MGM the studio that was going to produce "The Hobbit"? I read something last week on another site that "talks" are going on about that movie, which supposedly will start production this year. But, of course, that's just a rumor, and probably means nothing.

Comment

Originally posted by hedwig View Post
                Was MGM the studio that was going to produce "The Hobbit"? I read something last week on another site that "talks" are going on about that movie, which supposedly will start production this year. But, of course, that's just a rumor, and probably means nothing.
                Hope not!!
                Nos Must Amitto Vivo En - Helen Magnus

Comment

Originally posted by Anubis21 View Post
                  Do it is the new year of 2010 and i guess i am hopeing that mgm releases word on whether or not the new stargate movie will be shot this year and the SG-1 movie will be released at the end of the year and the atlantis movie will be released at the beginning of the year of 2011. At leas that is what i heard on the front of the movies. What do you say? or think?

I fear all of that is pretty much wishful thinking... sorry to burst your SG-bubble.
                  Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

i just watched 2010 the odyssey continues..... oh wrong topic eh? well I would love to the see the movies but I will predict...
                    Spoiler:
                    they are not going to happen...

Comment

Not sure how this impacts the movies, but here is an article that mentions the future of DVDs:
                      http://finance.yahoo.com/family-home...to-buy-in-2010

The days of going to a video shop to rent a movie are at an end. In September, Blockbuster (BBI) said it plans to close roughly 22% of its stores by the end of 2010; meanwhile, third-quarter revenue was down 21% from the year-ago period. (The company didn't return calls for comment.)

Looking ahead, DVD purchases could turn cold, as well. On average, DVDs sell for at least $20 each. That's pricier than signing up for Netflix (NFLX) or renting movies from cable providers' on-demand channels. Netflix charges as little as $8.99 a month to rent one DVD at a time (with no limit to the number of monthly rentals).
                      Time Warner Cable offers thousands of movies on demand for around $4.99 each. Verizon Fios cable service charges $5.99 a month to download unlimited movies.
                      Wonder if there will be "Direct to Download" movies made in the future?
                      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Lythisrose View Post
                        Not sure how this impacts the movies, but here is an article that mentions the future of DVDs:
                        http://finance.yahoo.com/family-home...to-buy-in-2010

Gosh! I hope they continue to make DVDs for sale since I don't rent I just buy

BTW MGM is/was making "The Hobbit"
                        sigpic
                        Sig by Everlovin My YT|My other vid site|My LJ|My Photobucket|My ImageShack|"Stargate is life, Sam and Jack are happiness, Shippers are almighty" by hlndncr

Comment

Originally posted by Lythisrose View Post
                          That would be sweet - however, in Belgium for example the internet providers have a downloadlimit, which basically means that we can download up to 25Gb after which our connection goes down to slow internet, until you reach the end of the month. That which you upload also goes into this limit-counting.

So, imagine a new media such as "Direct-to-download", no way high definition is going to make it through our internetconnections.
                          Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

There's no new news on either an SG1 or SGA movie. MGM will likely be sold before we see anything happen.

And yes, MGM is co-financing the 'Hobbit' movie with Warner Bros.
                            sigpic
                            Thanks to Oma-1 for the beautiful banner!

Comment

Fingers crossed both movies will be green lit this year
                              Tst

Comment

Working...
                              X