No announcement yet.

The End of Time, Part 2 (2009)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

the Doctor married Queen Bess? is that's the reason why at the end of "The Shakespeare Code", the Queen arrives and declares the Doctor to be her enemy and at that time he had no idea why?
    Grimm returns October 24
    sigpic

Signature and Avatar by Hyndara71 - Thank you very much
    Profile Picture by BM-Shipper

Comment

"I don't want to go"

Grimm returns October 24
      sigpic

Signature and Avatar by Hyndara71 - Thank you very much
      Profile Picture by BM-Shipper

Comment

Just watched this again recently.

I'm a bit puzzled as it's not explained properly I thnk. This bit.

The Doctor leaves after seeing Rose. He's on Earth in 2005 but then is in Earth orbit when he crashes. He crashes into Amy Pond's garden.... Is it still 2005 or a different year?
        Go home aliens, go home!!!!

Comment

Must be a different year, otherwise Amy wouldn't be an adult in the "present". Great send-off for Tennant and certainly one of my favorite episodes
          sigpic

Comment

idea for what the "moment" actually is,

take the untempered schism allowing you to see all of time and space

take a de mat gun,

hook the de mat gun up to the TARDIS link to the eye of harmony to super charge it.

picking the exact right time where every time loop in the war is synced, every enemy both dalek and timelord is in position in literally the right moment, with regret that not only is it genocide to both races but also to possibly countless others across time as you mutilate their history.

the demat gun hits the vortex, severing the timestreams of all the timewar into their own continuum seperate from access by the time vortex but as seen in the end of time still in existance , the resulting power surge would destroy gallifrey and all the TARDISes linked to the eye of harmony, creating fixed time and destroying anyone with time travel travelling back on their own history to change things. the doctor survives by the thinest of chances and is forced to regenerate.

Comment

Overall, a great send off to David. As usual, my very biased self thinks that DT's performance was nearly perfect. I was feeling 10's sorrow and pain. I did not want him to go either. Wilf was great too. That scene with 10 saving Wilf was just so powerful. I loved that Wilf was 10's last companion.

Full disclosure. I am a David Tennant fan first. But I have only been made a fan recently because of Good Omens. And because of this, I thought maybe I should watch his other work. I had already seen him in Jessica Jones previously but that performance still did not make me want to watch DW. There was just something about his Good Omens performance that finally clicked.

And now I am here and glad to have found a DW forum in a familiar site (old member, new account). I have been aware of Doctor Who for many years and aware that DT was in the show. I may have watched some clips here and there but what I saw never engaged me. Even when David was in it. I thought the show was some low-budget sci-fi, cheesy, hokey, hammy acting, campy, and just visually bad.

Having watched all of DT's series, I have more respect for the show now. There were some great stories and many fun moments. I still am not fond of Daleks or Cybermen. I am looking forward to watching them again soon. I am fascinated by the lore of the Doctor and the Time Lords. Yet despite this fascination, I am still interested in only watching the DT series. There are many sources online where my fascination for Time Lord lore can be satisfied.

Some would be annoyed with my choice for only watching DT's series. Understandable. I did the same thing when Richard Dean Anderson left SG1. I have no interest in any Stargate show that has no RDA in it.

Totally Unrelated: I promise I will post in the SG1 forums again after I sate my DT obsession. I have been away from the SG1 fandom for a while now but I think it's time for a re-watch!!!

Comment

Working...
              X