X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

i agree with you
    sigpic

Comment

Perhaps the ONLY TV death I felt anything for........ Usually I just don't bother as you can't get attached to TV characters. Sorry that's just how I feel.

The whole of the last 20 or so minutes in the final episode of "End Of Time" when he talks to Wilf "is this my reward" and the mini tantrum throwing stuff. very emotional and brilliantly acted by DT.....

Also him visiting companions to say bye..... Funny thing though Did Martha and Mickey realise why he suddenly appeared there? Seems like they got the message somehow? Seems like everyone got this thing that it was the final time they'd see The Doctor, which made it feel more emotional.....

Did anyone else get that vibe?

Also why this particular regeneration caused damage to the TARDIS?

Was he still in 2005 when he crashed?
      Go home aliens, go home!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Coco Pops View Post
        Did anyone else get that vibe?

Also why this particular regeneration caused damage to the TARDIS?

Was he still in 2005 when he crashed?
        - Definitely.

- My theory: Notice that the Tenth Doctor puts off his regeneration for a pretty long time. Maybe a Time Lord can through force of will "bottle up" regeneration energy, but the consequence is that the release of that energy is very powerful, thus damaging the TARDIS to the point where it needs repair.

- I'm not sure at the moment. Did the Doctor crash at Amy Pond's house after time-traveling... or what?
        sigpic
        Watching now: Doctor Who Series 3/29 (rewatch) - The X-Files Season 2 (rewatch) - Pushing Daisies Season 1 - Torchwood Series 1 - Red Dwarf Series 8 - Battlestar Galactica Season 2 (rewatch) - Northern Exposure Season 3 (rewatch)

Comment

It wasn't in 2005. It was in about 1993.

Something like 10 or 12 years passed between first meeting Amy as a child and her older version, and in "The Hungry Earth" the summary has it, I believe, as being 2015 and 10 years after their journeys with the Doctor ends.

I believe.

Comment

This episode was an interesting look into why the Doctor had to trap his people inside the time lock and was a nice farewell to DT as the Doctor. The undertone of the whole special was kind of sad, Wilfred really pulled me in emotionally and his goodbyes to everyone at the end was kind of special!
            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Spimman View Post
              This episode was an interesting look into why the Doctor had to trap his people inside the time lock and was a nice farewell to DT as the Doctor. The undertone of the whole special was kind of sad, Wilfred really pulled me in emotionally and his goodbyes to everyone at the end was kind of special!
              Indeed it was a good send-off for Tennant but it was also a great send-off for all the companions he encountered from the beginning of the RTD era. Additionally, I thought it was a good way to have Master out of the picture in a way that didn't paint him as irredeemably evil. Getting all of these threads out into the open nicely cleared everything for the Eleventh Doctor.
              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Cold Fuzz View Post
                Additionally, I thought it was a good way to have Master out of the picture in a way that didn't paint him as irredeemably evil.
                Indeed, he turns out to be an extremely tragic figure.

And it's all that Rassilon's fault! "Back into the Time War, Rassilon! Back into Hell!"
                sigpic
                Watching now: Doctor Who Series 3/29 (rewatch) - The X-Files Season 2 (rewatch) - Pushing Daisies Season 1 - Torchwood Series 1 - Red Dwarf Series 8 - Battlestar Galactica Season 2 (rewatch) - Northern Exposure Season 3 (rewatch)

Comment

Originally posted by Ulkesh47 View Post
                  Indeed, he turns out to be an extremely tragic figure.

And it's all that Rassilon's fault! "Back into the Time War, Rassilon! Back into Hell!"
                  Indeed. And the music that played when the Master saved the Doctor was brilliant. "The Clouds Pass" I believe is the name of the track from the End of Time soundtrack.
                  sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Cold Fuzz View Post
                    Additionally, I thought it was a good way to have Master out of the picture in a way that didn't paint him as irredeemably evil.
                    Good point, it was good to see that, he truly was more insane that purely evil!
                    sigpic

Comment

so, what exactly did the Doctor mean when he said that he was going to get his reward?
                      Grimm returns October 24
                      sigpic

Signature and Avatar by Hyndara71 - Thank you very much
                      Profile Picture by BM-Shipper

Comment

I took it to mean that as a reward for his suffering, he was treating himself to seeing his companions for one last time.

Comment

Not even the TARDIS could handle the end of the tenth doctor.
                          https://twitter.com/#!/Solar_wind84

Comment

I miss the tenth doctor
                            Grimm returns October 24
                            sigpic

Comment

I don't 11"s awesome
                              https://twitter.com/#!/Solar_wind84

Comment

well, it is good that we do not all have the same taste and preferences, otherwise life would be annoying

Spoiler:
                                Grimm returns October 24
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X