This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Is it time to make the world aware of aliens and the stargate progra

I think a public disclosure on the whole program is long overdue. If full disclosure occurs the possibility of US being extorted goes to zero.
    1. Atlantis can be made available (only limited people could actually touch it or visit) to the worlds best scientists and researchers.
    2.The planet gets the capability to shoot down any airborne icbms (if drones are fast enough).
    3. 304s are available to do all sorts of wonderous things when something needs demolished or excavated.
    4. The world gets an instant space program as one 304 could be dedicated to exploration. NASAs budget would easily fund the entire SG program.
    5. Plans can be made for colonization and lists of volunteers could be collected.
    6. If relocated to the Chesapeake Bay it is close to the capital and we could offer the UN a place to hold its official meetings and maybe even give them an entire spire.
    7. Notify the world we now have sufficient data to allow us to make 100s of centuries of advancements in a few decades.

If marketed properly, this would the most joyous day in the earths history.

8. The franchise becomes Star Trek. Stargate is here and now. Revealing the Stargate program would remove the Stargate-universe Earth from present day Earth.
    Meh.

Comment

Originally posted by Jack_Bauer View Post
      8. The franchise becomes Star Trek. Stargate is here and now. Revealing the Stargate program would remove the Stargate-universe Earth from present day Earth.
      I disagree. The series needs to move beyond this eventually, especially since the whole suspension of disbelief is getting ridiculous with all the battles raging around Earth that no one's supposed to have noticed.
      Click the banner or episode links to visit the virtual continuations of Stargate!
      Previous Episode: 11x03 "Shore Leave" | Previous Episode: 6x04 "Nightfall" | Now Airing: 3x06 "Eldest"

Comment

Well, let's not pretend it will be all roses and sunshine. There will be plenty of good stuff inherent in the technology, but there will also be plenty of crap inherent in the population reacting to it.

That said, it would be fascinating to see a story, or an entire series, revolving around this premise.

Comment

well atlantis already has the top scientists and researchers on it...and people would be pretty pissed if they foudn out the US gov has been keeping technology from them that could potentially save thousands of lives.

Comment

I see a lot of problems with this. I think there would be a lot of uproar from the peoples of various countries. Think about it, its not just the U.S government that is lying to its people, its also the governments of numerous other countries. This is no longer just a single country issue, such a revelation would have a global impact.

I can predict rioting and violence to break out across our planet. I think extremist groups will have have more ammunition to use against governments around the world. The general public has been deceived too long and the revelation of the Stargate program and all alien encounters at this point will cause a lot of problems.

Of course I'd be happy to hear our planet has the capabilities of to space travel and I'd be fascinated by everything I head about the Stargate
            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by escyos View Post
              well atlantis already has the top scientists and researchers on it...and people would be pretty pissed if they foudn out the US gov has been keeping technology from them that could potentially save thousands of lives.
              Doubtful it has the best people. It has people the military has sought out that are willing to work for peanuts. There are numerous adept people (such as Eli) the military has not even reached out to.
              The us can just explain they were being extorted by the other major powers and that's why it wasn't revealed.

Comment

Originally posted by magictrick View Post
                I see a lot of problems with this. I think there would be a lot of uproar from the peoples of various countries. Think about it, its not just the U.S government that is lying to its people, its also the governments of numerous other countries. This is no longer just a single country issue, such a revelation would have a global impact.

I can predict rioting and violence to break out across our planet. I think extremist groups will have have more ammunition to use against governments around the world. The general public has been deceived too long and the revelation of the Stargate program and all alien encounters at this point will cause a lot of problems.

Of course I'd be happy to hear our planet has the capabilities of to space travel and I'd be fascinated by everything I head about the Stargate
                rioting against what????

If a bunch of people tear up the streets in Barcelona who gives a flip? If properly marketed (with hundreds of prewritten articles distributed to papers and magazine along with promise of direct access) everyone would go nuts for good reasons.

Comment

Originally posted by morrismike View Post
                  Doubtful it has the best people. It has people the military has sought out that are willing to work for peanuts. There are numerous adept people (such as Eli) the military has not even reached out to.
                  Or people like Danial Jackson, the nut who thinks the Egyptian pyramids were made by aliens. Now after the fact Dr Jackson become a prophetic genius but as of now no student or professor is knocking down the doors to work with him. Add in the cultural prejudice of lending their work to "the Military" unless absolutely necessary and we have the scientific C list team working in the StarGate program.

Sure the episodes may come with a reveal of alien technology like Monica revealed herself as an angel from God in Touched By An Angel but face it known scientist can't just disappear away from their present universities forever like a US Senator lost in space, I mean killed while visiting Iraq/Afghanistan, just has.

Comment

Originally posted by Taiko View Post
                    Or people like Danial Jackson, the nut who thinks the Egyptian pyramids were made by aliens. Now after the fact Dr Jackson become a prophetic genius but as of now no student or professor is knocking down the doors to work with him. Add in the cultural prejudice of lending their work to "the Military" unless absolutely necessary and we have the scientific C list team working in the StarGate program.

Sure the episodes may come with a reveal of alien technology like Monica revealed herself as an angel from God in Touched By An Angel but face it known scientist can't just disappear away from their present universities forever like a US Senator lost in space, I mean killed while visiting Iraq/Afghanistan, just has.
                    The entire program (including atlantis) can be ran for chump change in the grand scheme of things. In a very real sense all that would be needed is a box on the 1040 asking help for budget support and many would give as much as 500 dollars a year without a thought - others would give at least a few. I'm not sure the program can go where it needs to go under the military and I'm fearful of our government running because they couldn't win a poker hand with a royal flush. Perhaps something along the lines or Eureka tv show or star trek. I could see some collusion with the UN but not control (they're even more inept than US government). When you think about it we already have somewhat advanced (at least 20th century) level planets out there in our galaxy to work with too. We could take the lower countries of the world and begin massive educational efforts aimed at their adept women (educating women is the first step to becoming "first world").

Comment

All you really need to see is how the real life government has been doing so far in 2k9 ranging from bitter party line disputes, teabaggers, etc to know that in the fictional realm of stargate revealing the project's existence would be insane, especially if there were more politicians like Kinsey with uber self righteous religious beliefs lurking in the shadows. Then you'd have the church thinking its their duty to spread religion to the other worlds like they go and do to places like africa, (which would be really foolish after just getting rid of the Ori) etc. Eventually there'd be demands for colonization, mining, drilling, and many other things. Then thered of course be all the companies and such that'd be put out of business with alien tech, like oil companies (cause if we have naquadah and ion generators why would we need gasoline), Automobile co's (cause why would we need cars if we could get ring transporters or asguard beam transporter networks established.) and theres probably other instances, although the latter could be converted into parts suppliers for 304's and the like.

And revealing it would have its own merits too such as mentioned above, not having to keep funding the nasa shuttle program since more feasible space exploration is possible with the 304's. Not having to hope and pray some big bad guy doesnt blow the cover up by showing up at our doorsteps like the Goauld, Ori, and Wraith with their more advanced weaponry a blazin. Not having to fake their way through progress for all the new tech like holographics, new energy sources, and other various tech's.

Comment

Just one question, why would everything have to be revealed all at once? Why not slowly and gradually reveal new discoveries and technologies giving people time to adjust to the new reality.

Comment

Originally posted by jsonitsac View Post
                          Just one question, why would everything have to be revealed all at once? Why not slowly and gradually reveal new discoveries and technologies giving people time to adjust to the new reality.
                          Sounds politically undo-able. Do you start with Wormhole Extreme is real then tell of the Starships then the four wars fought. Or just with the Starships and then what? will all those closed lipped "just a cook" veterans still keep their silence with today's media camped out and offering to set their families up for life. Surely one guy is terminal and will accept that deal and reveal a no longer secret, secret ahead of the PR flack's schedule.

Comment

Originally posted by PG15 View Post
                            Well, let's not pretend it will be all roses and sunshine. There will be plenty of good stuff inherent in the technology, but there will also be plenty of crap inherent in the population reacting to it.

That said, it would be fascinating to see a story, or an entire series, revolving around this premise.
                            what he said
                            https://twitter.com/#!/Solar_wind84

Comment

i think it should be revealed sowly little bit and pieces of a time and let the world piece it together this way it wont be such of a shock cause they'll have figured it out on their own
                              I Have my M249, My 9mm, my body armor, and a whole Infantry Battalion on my FOB (and more) Im ready to kick some a**, in the Korengal valley of kunar province Afghanistan!....... bring it on Mr. Taliban

Comment

Working...
                              X