This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

transfer of atlantis zpms

Now that atlantis is in SF harbor should we think about pulling 2 of the zpm and placing them on the Hammond and Deddy? Obviously Atlantis will be moved to Chesapeake Bay or Lake Michigan to get it in a more secure location but once that is done it seems a shame to not be using those other zpms. If the zpm in area 51 is recoverable we can put that one in the apollo. If a release was made to the public the 304s could park under atlantis shields for safety with the big shield up 7/24 for security. With Atlantis in chesapeake bay or lake michigan and a ground based uber beam (with shields and maybe some drones) in Hawaii backed by zpm we should have near full coverage for planetary defense.

The power grid in the SF and Chesapeake Bay area being pretty deficient it would seem that Lake Michigan would be the best choice for tie in to the electrical grid for backup shield and drone power.

We could be galactic powers with 4 zpm 304s. I wouldn't bother with the wraith at this point but we could project enough power to start colonizing the nearby planets and expanding our civilization.

Originally posted by morrismike View Post
    Now that atlantis is in SF harbor should we think about pulling 2 of the zpm and placing them on the Hammond and Deddy? Obviously Atlantis will be moved to Chesapeake Bay or Lake Michigan to get it in a more secure location but once that is done it seems a shame to not be using those other zpms. If the zpm in area 51 is recoverable we can put that one in the apollo. If a release was made to the public the 304s could park under atlantis shields for safety with the big shield up 7/24 for security. With Atlantis in chesapeake bay or lake michigan and a ground based uber beam (with shields and maybe some drones) in Hawaii backed by zpm we should have near full coverage for planetary defense.

The power grid in the SF and Chesapeake Bay area being pretty deficient it would seem that Lake Michigan would be the best choice for tie in to the electrical grid for backup shield and drone power.

We could be galactic powers with 4 zpm 304s. I wouldn't bother with the wraith at this point but we could project enough power to start colonizing the nearby planets and expanding our civilization.
    1. Drones. Drones require ZPMs for the actual chair. And they are an excellent weapon.

2. We don't know how many ZPMs are left, but certainly not two.

BECKETT: I don't have enough power. I can keep firing or pull us up. Which is it gonna be?
    AND

CARTER: Do you have enough shield to survive re-entry?

(Richard looks across to Radek who looks at his screens, then turns and throws up his hands in a despairing "I have absolutely no idea" gesture.)
    The last can be interpreted in a way that Zelenka has no idea how much power is required to survive re-entry with Earth.

And by the way, we already are in a position of a Superpower in the galaxy. We don't need a couple of ZPM to re-enforce the point.
    If you wish to see more of my rants, diatribes, and general comments, check out my Twitter account SirRyanR!
    Check out Pharaoh Hamenthotep's wicked 3D renders here!
    If you can prove me wrong, go for it. I enjoy being proven wrong.

sigpic
    Worship the Zefron. Always the Zefron.

Comment

1. I doubt that Atlantis would be repossitioned in Lake Michigan or any other northern lake, because i'm pretty sure the snow building up in the winter would make it really hard to keep the place from being noticed. X'D

2. Atlantis would probably return back to Pegasus eventually (imagines thats what the movie would be about) so stripping it of zpm's would prevent it. I imagine that the more likely scenario would be scientists pouring over the computer data trying to figure out how to create new zpm's or how to recharge depleted ones.

3. like above, cant strip it of too many or there'll be no way to keep the cloak powered up which would cause its exposure to the public.

4. Doubt they'd really be willing to risk the zpm's being split up like that especially if the Lucian Alliance has gotten too out of control (like it seemed to be in the beginning of SGU)

Comment

just keep the ZPM's on Atlantis the city needs them to stay cloaked
        https://twitter.com/#!/Solar_wind84

Comment

Originally posted by Werewolfhero View Post
          1. I doubt that Atlantis would be repossitioned in Lake Michigan or any other northern lake, because i'm pretty sure the snow building up in the winter would make it really hard to keep the place from being noticed. X'D

2. Atlantis would probably return back to Pegasus eventually (imagines thats what the movie would be about) so stripping it of zpm's would prevent it. I imagine that the more likely scenario would be scientists pouring over the computer data trying to figure out how to create new zpm's or how to recharge depleted ones.

3. like above, cant strip it of too many or there'll be no way to keep the cloak powered up which would cause its exposure to the public.

4. Doubt they'd really be willing to risk the zpm's being split up like that especially if the Lucian Alliance has gotten too out of control (like it seemed to be in the beginning of SGU)
          1.Drop the cloak and leave the shield on 7/24
          2.Why in the world take it back to Pegasus. The US wouldn't allow it even if the IOA wanted to do it.
          3.Who cares about the cloak?
          4.Better to have three 304s the lucian alliance can't even scratch the paint vs. just one.

Comment

You are kidding, right?
            They have gone through all the trouble of hiding the existence of the Stargate, hostile alien-attacks on Earth and the fact, that our soldiers cruise around in the Universe with spaceships... and you want them to decloak Atlantis to get a grip on some severely depleted ZPM's?
            Revealing everything involves so many risks, that it would definitely NOT be worth 2 or 3 more ZPM powered ships.
            sigpic
            Thanks for the Sig go to the talented Fainne
            Spoiler:
            Which Supernatural character are you? (I hate those things..but sadly it fits )
            You're John! You are skilled and smart, but world-weary and a little jaded. You're a serial monogamist, and you love hard. You can sometimes be a little too narrow-minded, and stubborn to a fault, but your heart is always in the right place.

The GateWorld Cantina - Kara : Runner gone Wraith gone Wraith Queen gone human barmaid

Comment

2.Why in the world take it back to Pegasus. The US wouldn't allow it even if the IOA wanted to do it.3.Who cares about the cloak?
              4.Better to have three 304s the lucian alliance can't even scratch the paint vs. just one.
              I would argue that the other way round, the IOA would never let Atlantis leave Earth in a million years, epically with no permanent Earth based defence anymore.
              "So, what's your impression of Alar?"
              "That he is concealing something."
              "Like what?"
              "I am unsure. He is concealing it."

"Well, according to Einstein’s General Theory of Relativity, there’s nothing in the laws of physics to prevent it. Extremely difficult to achieve, mind you – you need the technology to manipulate black holes to create wormholes not only through points in space but time."
              "Not to mention a really nice DeLorean."
              "Don’t even get me started on that movie!"
              "I liked that movie!"

Comment

two problems with that.

1. if you don't have the right power source the shield won't work and if you use a mark 12 and somebody blows it up like the Trust or the Lucian Alliance........ there won't be an Atlantis to learn from.

2. you have to keep the Stargate program a secret. otherwise bad things would happen.
                Last edited by Gem of Tigress; 02 January 2010, 12:39 PM.
                sigpic

Comment

No one listens to my reply...
                  If you wish to see more of my rants, diatribes, and general comments, check out my Twitter account SirRyanR!
                  Check out Pharaoh Hamenthotep's wicked 3D renders here!
                  If you can prove me wrong, go for it. I enjoy being proven wrong.

sigpic
                  Worship the Zefron. Always the Zefron.

Comment

[QUOTE=morrismike;

We could be galactic powers with 4 zpm 304s. I wouldn't bother with the wraith at this point but we could project enough power to start colonizing the nearby planets and expanding our civilization.[/QUOTE]

Umm don't we have the stargate for that?
                    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by dacooker View Post
                      Umm don't we have the stargate for that?
                      Does the stargate protect colonies from orbital bombardiment?

Comment

ZPM's dont either.

Comment

first of all, we dont need the zpms to be a galactic power because our 304s are so much more powerful than a hatak that its not even funny so it would really be pointless to put zpms on them. i mean 1 304 could easily take down 6-10 hataks and the reality is that the lucian alliance isint really going to attack us because we helped the one guy get to the top so as long as we stay out of their bussiness we wont have any problem and the free jaffa and whats left of their fleet arent going to be all that big of a threat since they know how powerful our ships are so they'll stay away so really we have no enemies to fight in this galaxy and keeping atlantis here is kinda a waste.

secondly, we dont need zpms for protection because all we need is to use merlin phase cloak and hook it into the power grid or into the area 51 zpm if its still around to supplement the power or maybe an NIG or two and our enemys cant touch earth while our fleet of 304s in orbit destroys them. and if you wanna colonize other planets use the same tech powered by a couple of naquada reactors and a system of weapons sats in orbit and again, our enemies cant touch us.

and lastly, i think that its highly unlikely that atlantis will stay on earth because if we want to wrap up the wraith storyline and even have future atlantis movies, atlantis has to go back to the PG. and leaving it on earth means that it will have to stay cloaked all the time and thats only good for one thing, draining power and i find it highly unlikely that the power grid will be able to supply suffficient power to keep the cloak on and even if it can, thats one big electrical bill every month.
                          STARGATE ROCKS

THERE IS NO BETTER SHOW

Comment

Originally posted by stargater1990 View Post
                            first of all, we dont need the zpms to be a galactic power because our 304s are so much more powerful than a hatak that its not even funny so it would really be pointless to put zpms on them. i mean 1 304 could easily take down 6-10 hataks and the reality is that the lucian alliance isint really going to attack us because we helped the one guy get to the top so as long as we stay out of their bussiness we wont have any problem and the free jaffa and whats left of their fleet arent going to be all that big of a threat since they know how powerful our ships are so they'll stay away so really we have no enemies to fight in this galaxy and keeping atlantis here is kinda a waste.

and lastly, i think that its highly unlikely that atlantis will stay on earth because if we want to wrap up the wraith storyline and even have future atlantis movies, atlantis has to go back to the PG. and leaving it on earth means that it will have to stay cloaked all the time and thats only good for one thing, draining power and i find it highly unlikely that the power grid will be able to supply suffficient power to keep the cloak on and even if it can, thats one big electrical bill every month.

you explained it better, but that's what i think.
                            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by thekillman View Post
                              ZPM's dont either.
                              zpm backed 304s that exterminate all known resistence in the galaxy do though ......

Comment

Working...
                              X