Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default So where would you have ended it?

Ok, its obvious that theres been a little bit of objection to SG1s newer series. Some people dont like the idea of Series 9, others cant stand 8, some people think that 7 was a let down, whilst others think that series 6 was where it all went bad.

So where do you think the producers should have ended SG1? The idea is that the entire season would remain the same yet the last ep in that series can be altered SLIGHTLY. For instance, should you believe that season 5 should have been the last season, you could say it should have ended with the ep where Daniel ascended. The thing that needs to be remembered is, you need to wrap up most of the problems left in SG1.

Im still thinking about where Id have ended it, I havent seen the end of season 7 yet, so i cant comment on that. But something about the episode FUll Circle seems like a nice ending. If Anubis had actually been destroyed.

"Five Rounds Rapid"

Default Re: So where would you have ended it?

think they shud finish off the goa'uld, or most of em, introduce the new baddies, do some films around the new baddies and the few goa;uld left. let sg1 die and keep making the atlantis series!

Stargate Destiny - Coming Again Soon

I wouldn't end it. For me Stargate SG-1 isn't about this SG1, it's about ANY SG1. Replace the whole damn team and put in 4 new members in SG1 and I'd still watch it. Make SG1 about SG13 and call it Stargate SG-1 and I'd still watch it.

Personally I think that Season 7 had too many stand alone episodes and not enough connected story line-episodes, especially if it was supposed to be the last season.

Season 8 started a bit slow with Lockdown, Icon, Affinity.(could easily been a B-plot in Icon for example, to keep the tempo high). But the latter part of S8 seems to only be composed of story lines(Homer Simpson might be a stand alone) and for me this is great(I hate the plot device in Moebius though, that doesn't mean the episodes can't be good though).

I'd love for S9 to revisit a few of the old stories. An increased budget(twice the current one) would be great. The addition of Ben Browder can only be a good thing, since RDA hasn't been that involved in latest seasons.

And Full Circle was a total dissapointment, same goes for much of The Lost City.

Finishing off the Goa'uld is a very bad move to make in my book, they've ruled for atleast 10,000 years and us killing them off more or less in 10-ish years is just pathetic in my eyes. In fact I'd like more Goa'uld episodes. Some focusing on the Goa'ulds history, some on the other enemies the Goa'uld might have.

I'd also like for the Tok'ra to either clone Egeria, or for them to wipe the memory of an existing queen and having one tok'ra symbiote sacrificing itself to make up the mind of the new queen.

I'd have the Jaffa rebellion going on and not ending it fast since having the organised Jaffa Rebellion killing off the Goa'uld in less then 2-3 years is even more pathetic then having Earth do it. I'd like for the Jaffa Rebellion to get control of a few Ha'taks and dealing the Goa'uld some concentrated damage on small areas, their ship yards for example.

wow herrasy, they rocked the kazbomb.

the thing is all the fans are used to the current sg1 and well wed have to learn to love a new team all over again and since they're doing a new enemy, might aswell just create another spin-off!

Creating a new spin-off costs more money then remaking the current SG1. Atleast that's what I think. There's legal stuff, promotion and 200 billion other stuff that I'm not informed enough to even consider.

so bascially remake what theyve already got?

fair enough but im not sure alot of people will like it-me im a fan of anything stargate, hell i even watch infinity in the mornings so sure id watch it with a new team!

Quote Originally Posted by aAnubiSs
    Creating a new spin-off costs more money then remaking the current SG1. Atleast that's what I think. There's legal stuff, promotion and 200 billion other stuff that I'm not informed enough to even consider.
    note that the longer a show runs, the more expensive it gets. But if they make a new spin-off, people may say that its just a rip-off.

I know that Full Circle wasnt EPIC, but I liked the way it ended on Abydos, the place where it all began, and literally wrapped up the first ever story line. It was cool how they ended it as well "lets go home".

Just my opinion of course. In my eyes, up until the beggining of season 7, it was Daniels jounrey. Beggining in the movie where he satrted a new life, taking off in season 1 with the uest for his wife, changing to the quest for the son of his wife and finally changing to his acension and what it was like for him. The return of Jackson in S7 was in my eyes, unwarrented. And whislt I love the character of Jackson, he should have stayed away. My point? I think Sg1 should have ended with the end of Jackson's journey.

Not that I dont enjoy S7 and will prolly enjoy S8 as well. But of course, as people are pointing out, it HAS to end somwhere, and I hope it doesnt end stupidly on a cliff hanger like Angel did.

"Five Rounds Rapid"

Right next to the Stargate, the one I made.

Earth Symbol Re: So where would you have ended it?

Looks to me like they're still doing the "path of Daniel's Life" story, just a little bit lowered in volume. Although, it seems like
    Spoiler:
    they'll be ramping up the volume and giving Daniel a BIG spotlight in most of the upcoming episodes.
    Yes, I really do look like (a younger) Daniel. Don't believe me? Look for yourself.

http://i2.tinypic.com/20gmk8w.jpg
    Hey, Mitchell! You want a turn?

Stargate: Horizon Concept Artist TechnoWraith's Avatar

In a way, "Lost City" could have served as an affective series finale if they had done the following:

-Ran the story plot so that Anubis's attack on earth would be an epic battle to the finish.
    -Have the Prometheus either be destroyed to save the earth, or barely manage to survive (as they did in Lost City).
    -Have Anubis be the final Gao'uld threat to the planet earth.
    -Have the "weapon" released from the antarctic outpost kill off anubis for good (really, really kill anubis this time around).
    -The Atlantis spinoff could still be intact with this scenario.

I wouldn't end it. For me Stargate SG-1 isn't about this SG1, it's about ANY SG1. Replace the whole damn team and put in 4 new members in SG1 and I'd still watch it. Make SG1 about SG13 and call it Stargate SG-1 and I'd still watch it.

Personally I think that Season 7 had too many stand alone episodes and not enough connected story line-episodes, especially if it was supposed to be the last season.

Season 8 started a bit slow with Lockdown, Icon, Affinity.(could easily been a B-plot in Icon for example, to keep the tempo high). But the latter part of S8 seems to only be composed of story lines(Homer Simpson might be a stand alone) and for me this is great(I hate the plot device in Moebius though, that doesn't mean the episodes can't be good though).

I'd love for S9 to revisit a few of the old stories. An increased budget(twice the current one) would be great. The addition of Ben Browder can only be a good thing, since RDA hasn't been that involved in latest seasons.

And Full Circle was a total dissapointment, same goes for much of The Lost City.

Finishing off the Goa'uld is a very bad move to make in my book, they've ruled for atleast 10,000 years and us killing them off more or less in 10-ish years is just pathetic in my eyes. In fact I'd like more Goa'uld episodes. Some focusing on the Goa'ulds history, some on the other enemies the Goa'uld might have.

I'd also like for the Tok'ra to either clone Egeria, or for them to wipe the memory of an existing queen and having one tok'ra symbiote sacrificing itself to make up the mind of the new queen.

I'd have the Jaffa rebellion going on and not ending it fast since having the organised Jaffa Rebellion killing off the Goa'uld in less then 2-3 years is even more pathetic then having Earth do it. I'd like for the Jaffa Rebellion to get control of a few Ha'taks and dealing the Goa'uld some concentrated damage on small areas, their ship yards for example.
    I agree with what your saying, I dont think that they should kill off the Goa'uld.

Your always going to get people that think that stargate should of finshed in season 7,6, 8 etc. but thats the way things go.
    well personaly i hope that they go and do 10 seasons and finsh stargates story then.
    http://mywebpages.comcast.net/moorgl...mer3banner.jpg
    Try and have as much fun as you can ... you'll never know how long it will last

As many as they can do before the stories go stagnant. Which could be a very long while. We'll have to wait and see. If people keep watching they will keep making it.

I think that RDA slowly minimizing his role has infact made it so that the show will continue running after with a new character/s. If he had just one season left completly they may infact have ended it, but now they dont actually need him because people (non hardcore fans) have become acustomed to less oniell.

Keep on going, ill keep on watching, as will MANY others.

Of course, I do hope it keeps on going and I will enjoy watching eveyr minute of it. My only concern is it migth end like Quantum Leap, or Angel did, when I'd much prefer a Buffy or Voyager ending.

"Five Rounds Rapid"

Angel had a much better ending then Buffy did.

And Voyager's ending must be one of the worst of all time.

Originally Posted by TechnoWraith
    In a way, "Lost City" could have served as an affective series finale if they had done the following:

-Ran the story plot so that Anubis's attack on earth would be an epic battle to the finish.
    -Have the Prometheus either be destroyed to save the earth, or barely manage to survive (as they did in Lost City).
    -Have Anubis be the final Gao'uld threat to the planet earth.
    -Have the "weapon" released from the antarctic outpost kill off anubis for good (really, really kill anubis this time around).
    -The Atlantis spinoff could still be intact with this scenario.
    Well it was originally meant to be something like this for the movie.

Angel had a much better ending then Buffy did.

And Voyager's ending must be one of the worst of all time.
    It's not what HAPPENED in the ending that Im on about, what i mean, is that Voyager and Buffy wrapped everything up, where as Quantum leap and Angel were left hanging. I dont want to see that happen to SG1.

"Five Rounds Rapid"

Zat Re: So where would you have ended it?

Season 7 was a huge let down. But some episodes in 7 were pretty good. I would have ended the series at 7. But I really don't mind if they keep doing more.

I would have ended it with season 5 or six. But I would have a better ending for season 6 than Full Circle. Then they can do The Lost City movie, and some TV movies then introduce ATlantis, and SG-1 could continue doing more TV movies or regular movies and then Atlantis can join in after it's over.
    It’s the show that doesn’t end, it goes on and on my friends, some people started watching not knowing what it was, but they will be watching forever just because it’s the show that doesn’t end…..

I'd say end it at S6, but the whole thing with Abydans in Full Circle was (IMO) such a colossal act of stupidity... *shakes head* I'd have liked it a lot better if they hadn't gone in that particular direction. It lessens the impact of what happened and it cheapens what was already a pretty major cop-out device: Ascension. Still, of all the places to end it, I'd have picked that one.

You could still have Lost City, but as a movie, as was intended.

Plus, maybe Jonas could have been spun off to Atlantis... *wistful, hopeless sigh*

Chief Master Sergeant couchpotatergater's Avatar

I'd just let it roll: I think the change in tone over the seasons is inevitable, the characters are bound to be changed by their experiences & the SG1 we saw in the early seasons were fresher characters; now they've seen & done things that have changed them: Daniel lost Sha're, which darkened his character made him more cynical, then there was the whole ascension thing; Sam's lost potential boyfriends by the score & her Dad's a Tokra; Teal'c lost his wife, & his symbiote & nearly his son, & as for Jack....anyway, my long-winded point is that people don't stay the same in life, & if they did in TV we'd all be debating on how unrealistic the characters were & how could they not change?
    I wouldn't want to end it, I'll watch as long as it's on.....I'm a big Jack fan, so if he's still there, all to the good, but I think there are still good eps being produced & plotlines to explore outside of that.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast