This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

So where would you have ended it?

Ok, its obvious that theres been a little bit of objection to SG1s newer series. Some people dont like the idea of Series 9, others cant stand 8, some people think that 7 was a let down, whilst others think that series 6 was where it all went bad.

So where do you think the producers should have ended SG1? The idea is that the entire season would remain the same yet the last ep in that series can be altered SLIGHTLY. For instance, should you believe that season 5 should have been the last season, you could say it should have ended with the ep where Daniel ascended. The thing that needs to be remembered is, you need to wrap up most of the problems left in SG1.

Im still thinking about where Id have ended it, I havent seen the end of season 7 yet, so i cant comment on that. But something about the episode FUll Circle seems like a nice ending. If Anubis had actually been destroyed.

"Five Rounds Rapid"

sigpic

think they shud finish off the goa'uld, or most of em, introduce the new baddies, do some films around the new baddies and the few goa;uld left. let sg1 die and keep making the atlantis series!
    sigpic
    Stargate Destiny - Coming Again Soon

Comment

I wouldn't end it. For me Stargate SG-1 isn't about this SG1, it's about ANY SG1. Replace the whole damn team and put in 4 new members in SG1 and I'd still watch it. Make SG1 about SG13 and call it Stargate SG-1 and I'd still watch it.

Personally I think that Season 7 had too many stand alone episodes and not enough connected story line-episodes, especially if it was supposed to be the last season.

Season 8 started a bit slow with Lockdown, Icon, Affinity.(could easily been a B-plot in Icon for example, to keep the tempo high). But the latter part of S8 seems to only be composed of story lines(Homer Simpson might be a stand alone) and for me this is great(I hate the plot device in Moebius though, that doesn't mean the episodes can't be good though).

I'd love for S9 to revisit a few of the old stories. An increased budget(twice the current one) would be great. The addition of Ben Browder can only be a good thing, since RDA hasn't been that involved in latest seasons.

And Full Circle was a total dissapointment, same goes for much of The Lost City.

Finishing off the Goa'uld is a very bad move to make in my book, they've ruled for atleast 10,000 years and us killing them off more or less in 10-ish years is just pathetic in my eyes. In fact I'd like more Goa'uld episodes. Some focusing on the Goa'ulds history, some on the other enemies the Goa'uld might have.

I'd also like for the Tok'ra to either clone Egeria, or for them to wipe the memory of an existing queen and having one tok'ra symbiote sacrificing itself to make up the mind of the new queen.

I'd have the Jaffa rebellion going on and not ending it fast since having the organised Jaffa Rebellion killing off the Goa'uld in less then 2-3 years is even more pathetic then having Earth do it. I'd like for the Jaffa Rebellion to get control of a few Ha'taks and dealing the Goa'uld some concentrated damage on small areas, their ship yards for example.

Comment

wow herrasy, they rocked the kazbomb.

the thing is all the fans are used to the current sg1 and well wed have to learn to love a new team all over again and since they're doing a new enemy, might aswell just create another spin-off!
        sigpic

Comment

Creating a new spin-off costs more money then remaking the current SG1. Atleast that's what I think. There's legal stuff, promotion and 200 billion other stuff that I'm not informed enough to even consider.

Comment

so bascially remake what theyve already got?

fair enough but im not sure alot of people will like it-me im a fan of anything stargate, hell i even watch infinity in the mornings so sure id watch it with a new team!
            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by aAnubiSs
              Creating a new spin-off costs more money then remaking the current SG1. Atleast that's what I think. There's legal stuff, promotion and 200 billion other stuff that I'm not informed enough to even consider.
              note that the longer a show runs, the more expensive it gets. But if they make a new spin-off, people may say that its just a rip-off.

Comment

I know that Full Circle wasnt EPIC, but I liked the way it ended on Abydos, the place where it all began, and literally wrapped up the first ever story line. It was cool how they ended it as well "lets go home".

Just my opinion of course. In my eyes, up until the beggining of season 7, it was Daniels jounrey. Beggining in the movie where he satrted a new life, taking off in season 1 with the uest for his wife, changing to the quest for the son of his wife and finally changing to his acension and what it was like for him. The return of Jackson in S7 was in my eyes, unwarrented. And whislt I love the character of Jackson, he should have stayed away. My point? I think Sg1 should have ended with the end of Jackson's journey.

Not that I dont enjoy S7 and will prolly enjoy S8 as well. But of course, as people are pointing out, it HAS to end somwhere, and I hope it doesnt end stupidly on a cliff hanger like Angel did.

"Five Rounds Rapid"

sigpic

Comment

Looks to me like they're still doing the "path of Daniel's Life" story, just a little bit lowered in volume. Although, it seems like
                  Spoiler:
                  they'll be ramping up the volume and giving Daniel a BIG spotlight in most of the upcoming episodes.
                  Yes, I really do look like (a younger) Daniel. Don't believe me? Look for yourself.

Hey, Mitchell! You want a turn?

Comment

In a way, "Lost City" could have served as an affective series finale if they had done the following:

-Ran the story plot so that Anubis's attack on earth would be an epic battle to the finish.
                    -Have the Prometheus either be destroyed to save the earth, or barely manage to survive (as they did in Lost City).
                    -Have Anubis be the final Gao'uld threat to the planet earth.
                    -Have the "weapon" released from the antarctic outpost kill off anubis for good (really, really kill anubis this time around).
                    -The Atlantis spinoff could still be intact with this scenario.

Comment

Originally posted by aAnubiSs
                      I wouldn't end it. For me Stargate SG-1 isn't about this SG1, it's about ANY SG1. Replace the whole damn team and put in 4 new members in SG1 and I'd still watch it. Make SG1 about SG13 and call it Stargate SG-1 and I'd still watch it.

Personally I think that Season 7 had too many stand alone episodes and not enough connected story line-episodes, especially if it was supposed to be the last season.

Season 8 started a bit slow with Lockdown, Icon, Affinity.(could easily been a B-plot in Icon for example, to keep the tempo high). But the latter part of S8 seems to only be composed of story lines(Homer Simpson might be a stand alone) and for me this is great(I hate the plot device in Moebius though, that doesn't mean the episodes can't be good though).

I'd love for S9 to revisit a few of the old stories. An increased budget(twice the current one) would be great. The addition of Ben Browder can only be a good thing, since RDA hasn't been that involved in latest seasons.

And Full Circle was a total dissapointment, same goes for much of The Lost City.

Finishing off the Goa'uld is a very bad move to make in my book, they've ruled for atleast 10,000 years and us killing them off more or less in 10-ish years is just pathetic in my eyes. In fact I'd like more Goa'uld episodes. Some focusing on the Goa'ulds history, some on the other enemies the Goa'uld might have.

I'd also like for the Tok'ra to either clone Egeria, or for them to wipe the memory of an existing queen and having one tok'ra symbiote sacrificing itself to make up the mind of the new queen.

I'd have the Jaffa rebellion going on and not ending it fast since having the organised Jaffa Rebellion killing off the Goa'uld in less then 2-3 years is even more pathetic then having Earth do it. I'd like for the Jaffa Rebellion to get control of a few Ha'taks and dealing the Goa'uld some concentrated damage on small areas, their ship yards for example.
                      I agree with what your saying, I dont think that they should kill off the Goa'uld.

Your always going to get people that think that stargate should of finshed in season 7,6, 8 etc. but thats the way things go.
                      well personaly i hope that they go and do 10 seasons and finsh stargates story then.
                      Try and have as much fun as you can ... you'll never know how long it will last

Comment

As many as they can do before the stories go stagnant. Which could be a very long while. We'll have to wait and see. If people keep watching they will keep making it.

I think that RDA slowly minimizing his role has infact made it so that the show will continue running after with a new character/s. If he had just one season left completly they may infact have ended it, but now they dont actually need him because people (non hardcore fans) have become acustomed to less oniell.

Keep on going, ill keep on watching, as will MANY others.

Comment

Of course, I do hope it keeps on going and I will enjoy watching eveyr minute of it. My only concern is it migth end like Quantum Leap, or Angel did, when I'd much prefer a Buffy or Voyager ending.

"Five Rounds Rapid"

sigpic

Comment

Angel had a much better ending then Buffy did.

And Voyager's ending must be one of the worst of all time.

Comment

Originally Posted by TechnoWraith
                              In a way, "Lost City" could have served as an affective series finale if they had done the following:

-Ran the story plot so that Anubis's attack on earth would be an epic battle to the finish.
                              -Have the Prometheus either be destroyed to save the earth, or barely manage to survive (as they did in Lost City).
                              -Have Anubis be the final Gao'uld threat to the planet earth.
                              -Have the "weapon" released from the antarctic outpost kill off anubis for good (really, really kill anubis this time around).
                              -The Atlantis spinoff could still be intact with this scenario.
                              Well it was originally meant to be something like this for the movie.

Comment

Working...
                              X