Some Corner of a Foreign Field (SGA)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Rasunda View Post
    So.. How's everything going? With the episode, with the ribbs..?
    I'm on the mend, thanks for asking. As for the chapter, it's going nowhere atm. :/ I'm gonna try and write some today and then I'll see if I get it finished sometime this week. There's been a lot going on at uni, and I've got an essay due next Monday, so I'm crossing fingers for getting the next chapter done before then.
    "If I should die, think only this of me: / That there's some corner of a foreign field / That is forever [Earth]."
    Earth is gone, but Atlantis must survive... Apoca!fic. Post-Season 5. John/Sam.

Comment

Okey Just focuse on the essay.. It's way more important then the series
      sigpic

My fan-fic, swedish outpost

Comment

Originally posted by Rasunda View Post
        Okey Just focuse on the essay.. It's way more important then the series
        Essay's done, but I've been caught up in a lot of other uni work, so scoaff's been a little on the backburner. *argh*

I'm sorry for the wait, guys. Hopefully, I'll have the new chapter up this coming week. Preferably sooner rather than later, but I'm afraid I can't make any promises (mostly because I don't know if I'll be able to keep them... *grumble*)

Anyway, I've had the first draft of chapter 7 over to my beta, so now I just need to edit some parts and write one or two new scenes. The chapter's still tentatively named "Take up our quarrel", which is a quote taken from "In Flanders Field" by John McCrae, a propagandistic WW1 poem. The prompt is 'a time to decide', so expect....something with long-term repercussions.
        "If I should die, think only this of me: / That there's some corner of a foreign field / That is forever [Earth]."

Comment

Haha okey, well try to have it up soon!
          sigpic

Comment

Story update: I've got 2/3s done of chapter 7, and I'm hoping to tackle the rest of it either tonight or during the coming week.

I'm very sorry for the long delay, but the spring term is coming to a close here and I've had loads of school work to do. Hopefully, with the coming Easter break, I'll have more time devoted to writing. *crosses fingers*

Chapter 8 will probably be much shorter than the previous ones, but it's mostly just a character episode, and the following will be a bit longer. Also, the fact that I'm writing very long chapters means it takes more time to finish each one, which constitutes a lot of the delay between chapters. Again, sorry!

Thanks for being patient with me.

Comment

Okey.. Well... Just finish
              sigpic

Comment

Chapter's off to final beta. *dances*

Check first post for chapter banner and brief teaser! I've also added teasers for the previous chapters, just for the fun of it.

Comment

Originally posted by neela View Post
                  Chapter's off to final beta. *dances*

Check first post for chapter banner and brief teaser! I've also added teasers for the previous chapters, just for the fun of it.
                  FInal beta has been sent back as far as i know (coulda sworn i sent it last night, then again i'm only PRETENDING i'm a responsible adult.)

In anycase, Lots brewing in 'lantis! The dynamic is starting to shift and the entire story is going to be EPIC.

Also, just for fun, here's some smileys i made awhile back i know you'll love Neela

Originally posted by Apostle's Message Redux
                  Shepard understood. Given the situation, he wasn't sure that exposing the planet to this kind of secret was smart. Miranda had regaled him with stories of how horrible 20th century Earth sounded in her history lessons and it made him leery. "I agree, god knows what would happen if Grunt got loose."

Joker snorted and muttered loudly. "Run! It's The Incredible Hulk! Kill it with fire!"
                  Read the story ---- Apostle's Message Redux, ME/SG Crossover

Comment

Chapter 7 is up! *woot woot*

Originally posted by Aragon101 View Post
                    FInal beta has been sent back as far as i know (coulda sworn i sent it last night, then again i'm only PRETENDING i'm a responsible adult.)

In anycase, Lots brewing in 'lantis! The dynamic is starting to shift and the entire story is going to be EPIC.

Also, just for fun, here's some smileys i made awhile back i know you'll love Neela

You know I love them. *John/Sam shipper*

Comment

Finding myself with a sudden urge to do some experimental photoshopping, I came up with these poster/book-like covers for Some Corner of a Foreign Field.

This one I like best for its simplicity.

Spoiler:

The same one as above, only with John (he should get some cover time too ):

Spoiler:

Then a more illustrated one, with a background I was very pleased with :

Spoiler:

And finally, the less perfect, but still nice cover (and it's got both John and Sam! ):

Spoiler:

Comment

Originally posted by neela View Post
                        Finding myself with a sudden urge to do some experimental photoshopping, I came up with these poster/book-like covers for Some Corner of a Foreign Field.

This one I like best for its simplicity.

Spoiler:

The same one as above, only with John (he should get some cover time too ):

Spoiler:

Then a more illustrated one, with a background I was very pleased with :

Spoiler:

And finally, the less perfect, but still nice cover (and it's got both John and Sam! ):

Spoiler:
                        Very nice! i'm going to have to steal this idea Tomorrow though, i'm dreadfully tired

Honestly, i like the first one as you say, but i think Sam could have been in a better pose. Maybe you could have grabed Sheppard's Woobie stance from Ghost in the Machine and Sam's worried look in either Search and Rescue or Enemy at the Gates.
                        Originally posted by Apostle's Message Redux
                        Shepard understood. Given the situation, he wasn't sure that exposing the planet to this kind of secret was smart. Miranda had regaled him with stories of how horrible 20th century Earth sounded in her history lessons and it made him leery. "I agree, god knows what would happen if Grunt got loose."

Joker snorted and muttered loudly. "Run! It's The Incredible Hulk! Kill it with fire!"
                        Read the story ---- Apostle's Message Redux, ME/SG Crossover

Comment

Originally posted by Aragon101 View Post
                          Very nice! i'm going to have to steal this idea Tomorrow though, i'm dreadfully tired

Honestly, i like the first one as you say, but i think Sam could have been in a better pose. Maybe you could have grabed Sheppard's Woobie stance from Ghost in the Machine and Sam's worried look in either Search and Rescue or Enemy at the Gates.
                          Go ahead! Or just wait until something pops up into your inbox...

Good suggestions! I'll look into it. Frankly, I did like Sam's pose and expression, but maybe it didn't fit quite in compared to the Sheppard one. Oh well, I don't say no to more photoshopping!

Comment

Well.. Great episode! looking forward to more! And nice pics!(covers)
                            sigpic

Comment

Bookmarked for reading. Will comment after I'm done (probably tomorrow night).
                              If Algeria introduced a resolution declaring that the earth was flat and that Israel had flattened it, it would pass by a vote of 164 to 13 with 26 abstentions.- Abba Eban.

Comment

Just finished reading, and I've enjoyed it a lot
                                Spoiler:
                                I like it that you have the patience for slow, drop-by-drop build-up, although a couple of scenes struck me as superfluous; you could cut them out without much emotional or informational loss for the story. I'm talking about the scenes of Reese returning to Atlantis and the Major Marks-centered Daedalus scene; both are mainly introspections and could work as parts of scenes that advance the story in some other way, but on their own they just don't carry enough weight. Also, isn't Marks a Colonel already?

I do love the twist in the end; if there had to be a big honking space gun brought into the picture, you've chosen exactly the right one

Also, I'm PMing you a little idea I've had while reading your story; feel free to use it or discard it.
                                If Algeria introduced a resolution declaring that the earth was flat and that Israel had flattened it, it would pass by a vote of 164 to 13 with 26 abstentions.- Abba Eban.

Comment

Working...
                                X