Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 2345678 ... LastLast
    Ship Figurehead Standin Rasunda's Avatar

Default Re: Some Corner of a Foreign Field (SGA)

Oh my... Grea chapter! I love the scene where Sheppard beats up Coolidge! Great work!

Quote Originally Posted by Rasunda View Post
    Oh my... Grea chapter! I love the scene where Sheppard beats up Coolidge! Great work!
    Thanks! It's been a long time coming, huh? I've been wanting to throw the IOA people a punch since the third chapter...
    "If I should die, think only this of me: / That there's some corner of a foreign field / That is forever [Earth]."
    Earth is gone, but Atlantis must survive... Apoca!fic. Post-Season 5. John/Sam.

Oh yes! But it seems like you have A LOT against Coolidge... Not so much for Shen, and defenetely not Woolsey...

Oh yes! But it seems like you have A LOT against Coolidge... Not so much for Shen, and defenetely not Woolsey...
    If you look carefully at the situation, you see much much more coming.

Like why was Shen so calm when John beat the stuffing out of Coolidge?
    Quote Originally Posted by Apostle's Message Redux
    Shepard understood. Given the situation, he wasn't sure that exposing the planet to this kind of secret was smart. Miranda had regaled him with stories of how horrible 20th century Earth sounded in her history lessons and it made him leery. "I agree, god knows what would happen if Grunt got loose."

Joker snorted and muttered loudly. "Run! It's The Incredible Hulk! Kill it with fire!"
    Read the story ---- Apostle's Message Redux, ME/SG Crossover

I think I get some of it now that you say... Calm before the storm?

Captain

Awesome new chapter And yes, Coolidge was overdue for a good beating. Love the double cliffhanger- the obvious one in the last scene and the subtle one in the IOA scheming storyline.

*Feels his own dormant writing bug waking up, one brain cell at a time*
    If Algeria introduced a resolution declaring that the earth was flat and that Israel had flattened it, it would pass by a vote of 164 to 13 with 26 abstentions.- Abba Eban.

Neela's come up with a great story, there's still so much left to happen And yes, Coolidge totally needed a beating like that The 'diagram' Sam gave John was hinted to many many chapters ago
    Shepard understood. Given the situation, he wasn't sure that exposing the planet to this kind of secret was smart. Miranda had regaled him with stories of how horrible 20th century Earth sounded in her history lessons and it made him leery. "I agree, god knows what would happen if Grunt got loose."

Joker snorted and muttered loudly. "Run! It's The Incredible Hulk! Kill it with fire!"

Captain

Quote Originally Posted by Aragon101 View Post
    The 'diagram' Sam gave John was hinted to many many chapters ago
    Not THAT many. And quit spoilering
    If Algeria introduced a resolution declaring that the earth was flat and that Israel had flattened it, it would pass by a vote of 164 to 13 with 26 abstentions.- Abba Eban.

Quote Originally Posted by Womble View Post
    Not THAT many. And quit spoilering
    It's only spoilers if it hasn't been mentioned in the fic itself!

believe me, i know alot more and i'm building up the teasing for you so you HAVE to know what comes later

LOL, yes, poor Coolidge is really getting the brunt of it all. I've been thinking a lot on how I want to portray the three IOA members, and some of them will inevitably get more focus than others because of the plot I've got planned out. All I'll say is: No one's unaffected by the loss of Earth...

If you look carefully at the situation, you see much much more coming.

Like why was Shen so calm when John beat the stuffing out of Coolidge?
    Shh! You mustn't spoil too much, LR. They might get ideas... *casts a furtive glance over her shoulder*

Awesome new chapter And yes, Coolidge was overdue for a good beating. Love the double cliffhanger- the obvious one in the last scene and the subtle one in the IOA scheming storyline.

*Feels his own dormant writing bug waking up, one brain cell at a time*
    I used to be obsessed with cliffhangers and always ended each chapter with them, but alas, I don't do that anymore. Don't want to kill off my readers with the tension. As LR says, however, the last scene has already been hinted at. You won't know for sure until, oh, eight-ten chapters down the road?

The next chapter is coming, for those who're wondering. I've been caught up in some busy start-of-term stuff, but I should be able to load up the chapter before the end of the month. I'm taking off in a new direction in this next chapter, so I'm giving it a little extra thought. The healing process is about to begin for a lot of the character, and given what I've put them through, I don't wanna be OCC.
    "If I should die, think only this of me: / That there's some corner of a foreign field / That is forever [Earth]."

New chapter is up!

TWELVE: "Think only this of me..."
    Banner
    After all that's happened, it's time to pick up the pieces and move on. It all starts with a small step...

Prompt: a time to heal

Hope you'll enjoy this new chapter! Less action, more character focus, but nonetheless an important chapter in its own right.

Great update, god i just wanna know what happened to Earth!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Burns View Post
    Great update, god i just wanna know what happened to Earth!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    You and me both

Captain

Beautiful writing, neela.

Nothing to nitpick this time

Quote Originally Posted by Burns View Post
    You and me both
    And I wanna tell you all! It's a story that could potentially be a stand-alone in its own right. It's REALLY difficult to not just blurt it out, but that'd ruin some of the suspense, and truthfully - we'll get to know things when the characters do.

Beautiful writing, neela.

Nothing to nitpick this time
    Thanks! I don't mind nitpicking. I like the feedback

Captain

I can think of one way Earth could have survived... but I won't tell even if you torture me for it.

I can think of one way Earth could have survived... but I won't tell even if you torture me for it.
    Would you do it for a Womble Snack?

Captain

Would you do it for a Womble Snack?
    You've got a Womble Snack?!?

Okay. Let's negotiate.

Just thought I'd give you guys the latest update: I'm not dead!

I'm currently mapping out the remaining chapters, as well as writing chapter 13 (FINALLY!). There's gonna be a lot happening in this second part of the story, and I want it to be consistent and realistic, so I'm taking some time to weave it all together.

The reason things have been on the backburner for a while is that I've been immensely busy at school and work, and once I've had some precious time to settle down, the inspiration just haven't been there. But now that the term is coming to an end, I'm back at writing once more. Hopefully I'll have something out within a few weeks.

So I hope you're all still with me!

You don't know what kind of torture I can inflict...... Kidding aside, though, I wouldn't mind hearing whatever theories people might have about Earth! Hopefully I'll surprise some of you.

Captain

Quote Originally Posted by neela View Post
    Just thought I'd give you guys the latest update: I'm not dead!
    Damn, and I've already bought a wreath for the funeral

I'm currently mapping out the remaining chapters, as well as writing chapter 13 (FINALLY!). There's gonna be a lot happening in this second part of the story, and I want it to be consistent and realistic, so I'm taking some time to weave it all together.

The reason things have been on the backburner for a while is that I've been immensely busy at school and work, and once I've had some precious time to settle down, the inspiration just haven't been there. But now that the term is coming to an end, I'm back at writing once more. Hopefully I'll have something out within a few weeks.
    Woohoo.

(The dot is provisional, to be replaced by an exclamation mark in a few weeks).

You don't know what kind of torture I can inflict...... Kidding aside, though, I wouldn't mind hearing whatever theories people might have about Earth! Hopefully I'll surprise some of you.
    My theory is along the lines of the way Earth survived in The Road Not Taken.

Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 2345678 ... LastLast