Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Default Re: Some Corner of a Foreign Field (SGA)

Update.

W00t
    Quote Originally Posted by Apostle's Message Redux
    Shepard understood. Given the situation, he wasn't sure that exposing the planet to this kind of secret was smart. Miranda had regaled him with stories of how horrible 20th century Earth sounded in her history lessons and it made him leery. "I agree, god knows what would happen if Grunt got loose."

Joker snorted and muttered loudly. "Run! It's The Incredible Hulk! Kill it with fire!"
    Read the story ---- Apostle's Message Redux, ME/SG Crossover

Chapter 6 is up! Either find the link in the first post, along with a nifty new chapter cover, or click here for rerouting to ff.net.

"We don't want you here."
    Spoiler:

As John takes his expanded team on a mission to establish trade between the Bhaati people and Atlantis, back in the city, Sam finds herself facing an ultimatum that might have long-lasting repercussions.
    "If I should die, think only this of me: / That there's some corner of a foreign field / That is forever [Earth]."
    Earth is gone, but Atlantis must survive... Apoca!fic. Post-Season 5. John/Sam.

Ship Figurehead Standin Rasunda's Avatar

Well that was a great episode! But I still want to know more about the milky way... :/
    And the IOA should be dismanteled...

Quote Originally Posted by Rasunda View Post
    Well that was a great episode! But I still want to know more about the milky way... :/
    And the IOA should be dismanteled...
    Thanks for reading! Next episode we'll learn a bit more about what happened in the MW, although not the whole truth. That's still a mystery... As for the IOA, there's consequences for their actions as well in the future. Like Sam, they can't afford making enemies either. Next episode will also see a change in IOA representation. Remember Woolsey in earlier chapters? Well, he's gonna be replaced, poor bloke....
    "If I should die, think only this of me: / That there's some corner of a foreign field / That is forever [Earth]."

MW YEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEES!!!!

And NO! Not poor Woolsey... He's nice...

Sort of an update. I just talked with Neela a day or two ago and she IS alive despite some claims She's been... lets say preoccupied and hasn't had time to write much of anything. She is getting around to it though so don't worry. SCoaFF is going to continue (and from what i know, it's going to be kickass)
    Shepard understood. Given the situation, he wasn't sure that exposing the planet to this kind of secret was smart. Miranda had regaled him with stories of how horrible 20th century Earth sounded in her history lessons and it made him leery. "I agree, god knows what would happen if Grunt got loose."

Joker snorted and muttered loudly. "Run! It's The Incredible Hulk! Kill it with fire!"

Haha! That's great news!

Captain

Cool new chapter. Nice touch with the strike and all the internal politics of the new Atlantis.
    If Algeria introduced a resolution declaring that the earth was flat and that Israel had flattened it, it would pass by a vote of 164 to 13 with 26 abstentions.- Abba Eban.

Quote Originally Posted by Aragon101 View Post
    Sort of an update. I just talked with Neela a day or two ago and she IS alive despite some claims She's been... lets say preoccupied and hasn't had time to write much of anything. She is getting around to it though so don't worry. SCoaFF is going to continue (and from what i know, it's going to be kickass)
    Next chapter is a little on the backburner as I had a little mishap and wound up with a broken rib, putting me on the sideline for while. *clumsy* It's getting better, though, so I'm gonna try and fix chap 7 up this week, if I can. There's been a slight change of plans in the chapters, so next chapter won't be called "I won't see another Earth happen." Might be called "Take up our quarrel", but I haven't decided yet. What's decided is that there will be a revisit of the Wraith, and Atlantis will face some tough decisions.

Quote Originally Posted by Womble View Post
    Cool new chapter. Nice touch with the strike and all the internal politics of the new Atlantis.
    Thanks! Atlantis is really one of the last known populations of Earth, and I believe that if they're gonna live there, it's gotta be infused with the typical struggles they would've had back on Earth. Everyone's feeling the loss of Earth, even if they're not saying it outright, and there's a lot of people who feel they've lost control and wants to retain some of it in whatever way they can. We'll see more of this, as well as some of the external struggle with the Wraith, as the story progresses. Be warned, though, that I'm not that big on battle scenes, so this won't be a sole action story. Think of it more in the terms of B5. A lot of character focus, and then some (hopefully) kick-ass battle scenes.

So.. How's everything going? With the episode, with the ribbs..?

So.. How's everything going? With the episode, with the ribbs..?
    I'm on the mend, thanks for asking. As for the chapter, it's going nowhere atm. :/ I'm gonna try and write some today and then I'll see if I get it finished sometime this week. There's been a lot going on at uni, and I've got an essay due next Monday, so I'm crossing fingers for getting the next chapter done before then.

Okey Just focuse on the essay.. It's way more important then the series

Okey Just focuse on the essay.. It's way more important then the series
    Essay's done, but I've been caught up in a lot of other uni work, so scoaff's been a little on the backburner. *argh*

I'm sorry for the wait, guys. Hopefully, I'll have the new chapter up this coming week. Preferably sooner rather than later, but I'm afraid I can't make any promises (mostly because I don't know if I'll be able to keep them... *grumble*)

Anyway, I've had the first draft of chapter 7 over to my beta, so now I just need to edit some parts and write one or two new scenes. The chapter's still tentatively named "Take up our quarrel", which is a quote taken from "In Flanders Field" by John McCrae, a propagandistic WW1 poem. The prompt is 'a time to decide', so expect....something with long-term repercussions.

Haha okey, well try to have it up soon!

Story update: I've got 2/3s done of chapter 7, and I'm hoping to tackle the rest of it either tonight or during the coming week.

I'm very sorry for the long delay, but the spring term is coming to a close here and I've had loads of school work to do. Hopefully, with the coming Easter break, I'll have more time devoted to writing. *crosses fingers*

Chapter 8 will probably be much shorter than the previous ones, but it's mostly just a character episode, and the following will be a bit longer. Also, the fact that I'm writing very long chapters means it takes more time to finish each one, which constitutes a lot of the delay between chapters. Again, sorry!

Thanks for being patient with me.

Okey.. Well... Just finish

Chapter's off to final beta. *dances*

Check first post for chapter banner and brief teaser! I've also added teasers for the previous chapters, just for the fun of it.

Quote Originally Posted by neela View Post
    Chapter's off to final beta. *dances*

Check first post for chapter banner and brief teaser! I've also added teasers for the previous chapters, just for the fun of it.
    FInal beta has been sent back as far as i know (coulda sworn i sent it last night, then again i'm only PRETENDING i'm a responsible adult.)

In anycase, Lots brewing in 'lantis! The dynamic is starting to shift and the entire story is going to be EPIC.

Also, just for fun, here's some smileys i made awhile back i know you'll love Neela

Chapter 7 is up! *woot woot*

Quote Originally Posted by Aragon101 View Post
    FInal beta has been sent back as far as i know (coulda sworn i sent it last night, then again i'm only PRETENDING i'm a responsible adult.)

In anycase, Lots brewing in 'lantis! The dynamic is starting to shift and the entire story is going to be EPIC.

Also, just for fun, here's some smileys i made awhile back i know you'll love Neela

You know I love them. *John/Sam shipper*

Finding myself with a sudden urge to do some experimental photoshopping, I came up with these poster/book-like covers for Some Corner of a Foreign Field.

This one I like best for its simplicity.

Spoiler:

The same one as above, only with John (he should get some cover time too ):

Spoiler:

Then a more illustrated one, with a background I was very pleased with :

Spoiler:

And finally, the less perfect, but still nice cover (and it's got both John and Sam! ):

Spoiler: