No announcement yet.

Poll: SG-1 vs Atlantis

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

SGA, but only if it's really well-written, relevant, and doesn't insult the intelligence of the audience in the way that SGA came to do.

Otherwise SG-1.
    Mongoletsi is bigger than hip...hop...

Comment

Originally posted by maxbo View Post
      Although I still want an SGA movie, I share your concern, because TPTB have shown in the past that they have no problem killing SGA characters (main and recurring).

So, just imagine how bold they could get if they believe this would be the only SGA movie and if they believe they'll be moving on to non-Stargate projects by the time the movie (if it happens) comes out.
      I didn't say I never want a SGA movie the question was which movie to prefer if there's only enough money for one to be filmed.
      I prefer a good classic SG1 movie from which I'm almost sure that they aren't going to kill one of the four SG1 members.
      That doesn't mean I didn't want any SGA movies anymore. But if there's only enough for one I would like a good movie, you know. I think there was also mentioned that Extinction is going to be a "stand-alone" movie (so they aren't going to evolve/end things from the series) while SG1 is going to be a Jack-centric film (So we are going to learn more from his life/past/future whatever). Also a reason for me to prefer SG1 (since I always watched SG1 just because of him). Like i said, EatG was okay for me.

Comment

Originally posted by Chayanna View Post
        ...while SG1 is going to be a Jack-centric film (So we are going to learn more from his life/past/future whatever).
        Yes, because we haven't had 8 years to get to know Jack, right.
        Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

SGA, because it needs an ending. Having the city floating in SF harbour is not an ending, having Ronon and Teyla and Todd stuck on Earth is not an ending, and leaving the PG inhabitants to their fates at the hands of the Wraith is not an ending.
          Last edited by Lahela; 16 January 2010, 03:59 AM. Reason: typo
          sigpic

Comment

Wouldn't a mini-series merging both SG-1 and SGA be better? Something like Farscape's Peacekeeper Wars.
            I mean, 3+ hrs should be enough to 'tie loose ends', esp. for SGA, right?
            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by gotthammer View Post
              Wouldn't a mini-series merging both SG-1 and SGA be better? Something like Farscape's Peacekeeper Wars.
              I mean, 3+ hrs should be enough to 'tie loose ends', esp. for SGA, right?
              Noooooooooooo!!! The writers had enough trouble giving Ronon and Teyla something meaningful to do in SGA when there was only the four of them - if they had Sam and Cam and Daniel and Teal'c in there too, they wouldn't even get a lame exposition line.
              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Mongoletsi View Post
                SGA, but only if it's really well-written, relevant, and doesn't insult the intelligence of the audience in the way that SGA came to do.

Otherwise SG-1.
                I am convinced that insulting the intelligence is what the final SGA PTB did best

Comment

man, it's hard to choose. But i'm going to have to go with Extinction.

Comment

Originally posted by sweetviviane View Post
                    Let's say there is only enough money for one movie and you had to decide between Atlantis and SG-1. Which one would you choose ?

1)Stargate: Revolution (SG-1)
                    2)Stargate: Extinction (Atlantis)
                    Stargate: Revolution (SG-1)
                    sigpic
                    My vids Sig made by me

Comment

Originally posted by XFchemist View Post
                      Stargate: Revolution (SG-1)
                      sigpic

Comment

stargate revolution sg1 its my favourite stargate
                        sigpic
                        The best written female character on trek ever.

Comment

I'd choose atlantis movie; in my opinion SG1 was better, but Atlantis is closer in time and need an ending.....
                          sigpic
                          Sig by RogueRanger

Comment

Atlantis for me.

Comment

Atlantis for me too!!
                              sigpic
                              Siggie created by TP//Avatar by Draco-Stellaris

Comment

atlantis, please! :-)

Comment

Working...