The End of Time, Part 1 (2009)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by tricky View Post
    Love all the ideas I'm seeing here, but one thing still bugs me: What IS up with Wilfred?
    From the trailer that is floating around on Post 13, he seems pretty handy in a turret....using the Force??

Comment

Originally posted by tricky View Post
      Love all the ideas I'm seeing here, but one thing still bugs me: What IS up with Wilfred?
      The chameleon circuit on his Tardis is functioning too well and makes even him think its just an ordinary allotment shed even when he is inside it and the gun is actually a laser screwdriver.....

Comment

I fell about laughing when he tried to answer his gun when the phone range, the Mrs whacked me and said "this is supposed to be a serious scene, shut up!"

Originally posted by stargatefan234 View Post
        by the logic he wasted a regeneration, he would be the eleventh doctor, not the 13th.
        Slaps forehead with wet kipper, I dunno where I got he was the 13th from oops.
        I blame the Mrs, see ^^ LOL.
        Last edited by Ian-S; 28 December 2009, 03:05 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Ian-S View Post
          Wasn't Billy Piper supposed to be in this too?
          Yeah, she was, as was Captain Jack.

Originally posted by DigiFluid View Post
          Spoiler:
          The Doctor does die, and the Time Lords resurrect him--thereby restarting his regeneration cycle and solving the 13 lifetimes issue that would be coming up in a couple of years.
          That would actually make sense. We know in the new 2010 series, the Doctor gets a new Tardis, new Screwdriver, the works really. Its a good chance that him, his Tardis, and his trusted screwdriver all perish, and are ressurected (in the Tadris' case, grown) and set off again..

Originally posted by Ian-S View Post
          I fell about laughing when he tried to answer his gun when the phone range, the Mrs whacked me and said "this is supposed to be a serious scene, shut up!"
          Haha, that was brilliant.
          Last edited by Aerilon; 29 December 2009, 12:49 PM.
          sigpic
          It's Probin' Time!

Comment

Originally posted by Aerilon View Post
            Yeah, she was, as was Captain Jack.

That would actually make sense. We know in the new 2010 series, the Doctor gets a new Tardis, new Screwdriver, the works really. Its a good chance that him, his Tardis, and his trusted screwdriver all perish, and are ressurected (in the Tadris' case, grown) and set off again..

Haha, that was brilliant.
            there's still 75 minutes left, and scenes with billie piper WERE filmed
            People assume that time is a strict progression of cause to effect, but *actually* from a non-linear, non-subjective viewpoint... it happens to kinda look like the name 'Jeremy Bearimy' in cursive English.

Comment

Originally posted by PMN1 View Post
              From the trailer that is floating around on Post 13, he seems pretty handy in a turret....using the Force??
              I'm glad I'm not the only one who spotted that, I half expected him to say "They're coming in too fast"

Comment

I dont think anyone has put much stock into the impact of Waters of Mars into this, Changing a fixed point in time having ramifications.
                I dont beleive the Doctor did it first, but something is happening where this timeline is coming to an end because of something being undone in the past.

this should be interesting

Comment

The Good
                  >The Master makes a mean Mistress.
                  >The Doctor talking to Wilfred and seeing Donna. That one scene made the whole thing for me. I really felt for the Doctor and his fear of both dying and regenerating.
                  >Donna! I love you! Please get to use some of that knowledge in your mind!
                  >Torchwood mention!
                  >The Doctor's sleigh ride in the intro spot.
                  >Is the woman in white that Wilf sees Romana?
                  >The TARDIS in stained glass.

The Bad
                  >Timothy Dalton's spit.
                  >The Time Lords're coming back? That's like bringing back Krypton... Wait. That just happened. Never mind.
                  >The Master race. Though hilaRious, it's just... cheesy. And I don't feel much trepidation for the human race.

The Ugly
                  >Lucy Saxon? The Book of Saxon? The cheesy 'floating in mid air amidst energy' sequence? The badly cgi'd Master flying bits? The black guy and his daughter and their slightly incestuous relationship and horrid acting? WTF?!

The Verdict
                  I enjoyed it, despite much of it being highly cheesy. I enjoyed Waters of Mars far more. I can't wait for part 2!
                  Last edited by nx01a; 30 December 2009, 02:59 PM.
                  sigpic
                  More fun @ Spoofgate!

Comment

Lucy Saxon ugly?
                    I thought she looked quiet fetching in that skimpy tracksuit.

*prays wife never sees this*

Comment

I don't think he meant Lucy Saxon was ugly, but that the part involving her was silly

Of course Lucy Saxon is stunning. Even a sweatsuit can't make her any less sexy.
                      "A society grows great when old men plant trees, the shade of which they know they will never sit in. Good people do things for other people. That's it, the end." -- Penelope Wilton in Ricky Gervais's After Life

Comment

Originally posted by DigiFluid View Post
                        I don't think he meant Lucy Saxon was ugly, but that the part involving her was silly

Of course Lucy Saxon is stunning. Even a sweatsuit can't make her any less sexy.
                        Actually I thought the sweatsuit made her MORE attractive.

But then I'm weird like that...

"Five Rounds Rapid"

sigpic

Comment

You like your women exercised and sweaty, I take it.

Lucy is far from ugly, but her storyline could use a good plastic surgeon.

I was hoping that UNIT would be behind the Master's resurrection. I mean, the Doctor isn't always there and it's always handy to have a Time Lord around, even a psycho one. Yes, I'm using that flawed, faulty and self-destructive human logic there. I wanted them to resurrect him [thinking they could control him] and lose control of him, as expected. Humans again bringing about their own destruction. But, alas, nope.

And what was with the Master having a Sappho cult hellbent on his resurrection? Could it be related to the nunnery that the Doctor saved in the 13th C, the one Wilf was told about? I was thinking so, but I suppose I'm linking too many things... Unless the Doctor goes back in time with the 'great darkness' that's coming during the 2nd episode and destroys it on that spot, then the TARDIS gets the stained glass treatment. Hmm. Yup, thinking too hard.
                          sigpic
                          More fun @ Spoofgate!

Comment

I just watched Part 1 again, and man I can't shake the feeling that Wilfred Mott is involved with the Time Lords somehow.

The Doctor keeps encountering him, even before he met Donna. Donna was able to handle the human/Time Lord mix. Now he's the only one seeing the woman in white, who said to him that he was a soldier who joined the war too late to do anything--without actually saying which war she was referring to. Yes with the revolver it's pretty heavily implied that it's WW2, but I do find it intriguing that it's not specified.

Some sort of Time Lord sleeper agent perhaps?
                            "A society grows great when old men plant trees, the shade of which they know they will never sit in. Good people do things for other people. That's it, the end." -- Penelope Wilton in Ricky Gervais's After Life

Comment

Originally posted by nx01a View Post
                              You like your women exercised and sweaty, I take it.
                              Damn right.

Originally posted by nx01a View Post
                              Lucy is far from ugly, but her storyline could use a good plastic surgeon.

I was hoping that UNIT would be behind the Master's resurrection. I mean, the Doctor isn't always there and it's always handy to have a Time Lord around, even a psycho one. Yes, I'm using that flawed, faulty and self-destructive human logic there. I wanted them to resurrect him [thinking they could control him] and lose control of him, as expected. Humans again bringing about their own destruction. But, alas, nope.
                              Hmm. That would have been good - if a unfortunate that UNIT always appear rather blundering/evil these days (except in Planet of the Dead). The cult thing WAS a bit bonkers. And on that I was really hoping the squads hunting the Master were government. Not UNIT or Torchwood... but whichever gang were the antagonists in CoE. UNIT are too clear cut in their intentions - I do like a bit of conspiracy.

"Five Rounds Rapid"

sigpic

Comment

Digi... You're saying that Wilf may be a Time Lord who used the chameleon arch to become human and had a kid who had a kid who became half Time Lord? Or is that what I'm saying?
                                sigpic
                                More fun @ Spoofgate!

Comment

Working...
                                X