This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

"Manswers" Solves Greer question

Well, the claim put forth by multiple people That Sgt. Greer Should have shot the scientist somewhere other than in the arm has been refuted by an actual medical doctor on a rerun of the SpikeTV television show "Manswers"

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1002899/synopsis

That is the synopsis of the episode, in which it is stated that the single SAFEST place to be shot is in the arm. That means Master Sergeant Greer was not some nutjob just shooting at someone, he used the telescopic sight on his G36 to shoot the scientist in the safest spot on the human body.

Due to board policies I am not allowed to name those who were mocking our correct assumption, but I believe there is an apology owed to Myself, Mighty 6 Platoon and MANY others who correctly stated the safest spot to be shot from those of you who vehemently stated otherwise.

Now can we start getting more respect for this character and less "OMG forceful crazy scary minority guy, he must be a loose cannon!"

As if people on these boards will ever admit to being wrong, especially those on the "Greer is a psycho killer" crazy train.
    I'm not an actor. I just play one on TV.

Comment

Originally posted by Avenger View Post
      As if people on these boards will ever admit to being wrong, especially those on the "Greer is a psycho killer" crazy train.
      I guess they all choose to ignore the fact that Greer was TOLD to shoot him. Ordered to actually. Greer is far from crazy.

Comment

Originally posted by Dex Luther View Post
        I guess they all choose to ignore the fact that Greer was TOLD to shoot him. Ordered to actually. Greer is far from crazy.
        But was Greer actually bound to follow the orders of Rush, a civilian?
        Meh.

Comment

Indeed it is the safest place, the leg has a major artery in there if I am right (if a bullet cuts it or something) you could most likely die.
          Tst

Comment

Originally posted by spinny magee View Post
            Indeed it is the safest place, the leg has a major artery in there if I am right (if a bullet cuts it or something) you could most likely die.
            Yeah absolutely, there's not much hope for you if a bullet shatters that artery.
            Meh.

Comment

Greer is about the farthest thing from a psycho killer.... In fact I kind of like how he can let his emotions fly but then reign himself in when he needs to for duty.
              Originally posted by Jack_Bauer View Post
              But was Greer actually bound to follow the orders of Rush, a civilian?
              Hadn't Greer been told that O'Neill had put Rush in charge? When Rush ordered him to do it, he had to obey the leader of the expedition.

Comment

In relation to Greer, how they said "he sometimes cannot control his anger"....total Wth at that, so far YOUNG is the only one with temper issues.
                Tst

Comment

Due to board policies I am not allowed to name those who were mocking our correct assumption, but I believe there is an apology owed to Myself, Mighty 6 Platoon and MANY others who correctly stated the safest spot to be shot from those of you who vehemently stated otherwise.
                  Yeah, like that'll ever happen.
                  ~ When life gives you lemons, don't make lemonade. Make life take back the lemons back! Get mad! I don't want your damn lemons! What am I supposed to do with these? Demand to see life's manager! Make life rue the day it thought it could give Cave Johnson lemons! Do you know who I am? I'm the man who's gonna burn your house down! WITH THE LEMONS! I'm gonna get my engineers to invent a combustible lemon that BURNS YOUR HOUSE DOWN! ~

~ Burning people! He says what we're all thinking! ~

Comment

it was instantly obvious to me that Greer took proper aim. he didnt open fire just like that. he kneeled, aimed, and fired one shot with great precision.

also, there isn't reall a "safe place to shoot". the bone can be fragmented, you can hit an artery and bleed to death, and what not. but in all places, the arm is probably the safest

Comment

congratulations on WINNING cpt oblivious!

showed them you did.

Comment

It is probably fairly safe to assume that the Doctor dude on Manswers probably has more medical training than me, however I would have thought that getting shot on the tip of the left pinky would be safer than the arm....

Seriously though, where else besides the arm (given the distance of the shot) were people proposing he be shot for safety?
                        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Phenom View Post
                          It is probably fairly safe to assume that the Doctor dude on Manswers probably has more medical training than me, however I would have thought that getting shot on the tip of the left pinky would be safer than the arm....

Seriously though, where else besides the arm (given the distance of the shot) were people proposing he be shot for safety?
                          His plump round buttocks?

Comment

Originally posted by Col.Foley View Post
                            His plump round buttocks?

Actually, now that I think about it the buttocks would be the safest place

Oh and Phenom, as if shooting the top of the pinky would stop him.
                            Tst

Comment

if the bullet goes to fast, you get tons of organ damage. not to mention the shockwave

Comment

Working...
                              X