• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Haunted (211)

Visit the Episode GuideSANCTUARY SEASON TWO
    HAUNTED
    EPISODE NUMBER - 211

After he rescues a group of empaths off a sinking ship, John Druitt becomes the prime suspect when one of the women turns up murdered inside the Sanctuary ... indicating that the bloodlust of Jack the Ripper may have finally gotten the better of him.

VISIT THE EPISODE GUIDE >
    Last edited by Darren; 22 February 2021, 07:57 PM.

Wow! Loved it but I need to watch a second time before posting anything truly coherent.

Very angsty!

"for all eternity" *sobs*
    sigpic

Comment

wow

ok, so, they've explained John's madness. he's an innocent man, possessed by an abnormal that has forced him to murder and kill.

props to them for calling back to the webbie and actually explaining John's madness. And the comment at the end of sleepers makes more sense now.
      Spoiler:

helen's 'i'm the last'

interesting though, john can certainly return, although his 'i have no destination in mind' calls back to the first part of the eps, where he alleuded to 'teleportation without a destination is dangerous' comment

he repeated ashley's fate. although she teleported knowing that the em pulse would kill her, he teleported, with no destination, perhaps hoping that he'd never rematerialize, or that he'd lose the creature in the jump

a good, 'cheap' bottle episode
      Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by wine_buyer View Post
        Wow! Loved it but I need to watch a second time before posting anything truly coherent.

Very angsty!

"for all eternity" *sobs*
        notice the 'always' being repeated? men are always telling sam/helen always

sigpic

Comment

I don't normally post anywhere but Aftermath, but seeing there were no other posts, I felt I had to.

Loved it, particularly the unique pairings that got trapped together. Poor Druitt.

Yee! for this not being the season's last. When's the next thread going to be created?
          "Che idiota fa una cosa del genere! Gli americani non pensare cose del genere?!"
          " 'Idiot' and 'American' I think were cognates? I'm going to assume you're not talking about me so we can work together better."
          Ambassador Isabelle Cooper-Oxford and Lt. Col. Stephen "Steve" Hamrick ~ "Discoveries"

Discover a … New Galaxy

Look for a … New Adventure

Find a … New Mythology

Comment

next thread? discussion threads for Kali will be created some time this week, but won't be opened until the episode airs.

sigpic

Comment

This episode was just beyond great! From the beginning, just seeing Druitt trying to hide how he'd gone evil again, and I still couldn't believe it when he killed the empath Then the fight with Helen...wonderful work on everyone's part there. The action the reactions during this whole episode were just wonderful. And then the heart break...Helen finally has the real John back, and he sacrifices himself taking on the entity once more.

The big question at the end of show....where did John go; did he go to commit suicide or will we see 'Jack' back again?????

I know for myself I love the character whether he be evil or good, he is one of the best characters on the show.
              sigpic

my fanfic

Comment

best line

watch where the hands go, wookie

sigpic

Comment

Oh yea, and I didn't mind Kate in this one
                  sigpic

my fanfic

Comment

I have to re-watch this episode, I only really got to watch the end!!! And Kate getting hit, which I thought was kinda stupid on Kate ( and I actually like Kate very much)part. She supposed to be professional, so, she hears gun fire and comes running down the hall without looking where she going. Great way to get shot in the real world.
                    sigpic There are my dogs!

If you had to chose, die or watch the world die, what would you pick?"

Comment

Oh! The angst! The pain! My shippy heart is on overload!

I really want to know what's going to happen to Druitt, and it disappoints me that we'll have to wait until next season to get any answers.

I loved the storyline, it reminded me a lot of both SG-1's "Entity" and SGA's "Quarantine". There can't be much of anything that's creepier than a homocidal, maniac entity controlling the very building you're in. There's no where to hide.

Originally posted by Skydiver View Post
                      best line

watch where the hands go, wookie
                      LOL, just going to say that!

John's line about "There's no place like home" makes me wonder if that's a reference to all of the Stargate references to The Wizard of Oz.
                      sigpic
                      The Return of King Arthur
                      Trust in the Lord with all your heart; lean not on your own understanding. In all of ways
                      acknowledge him, and he'll make your path straight. Proverbs 3:5-6

Comment

great eppy, for a minute there i was afraid that they were going to kill Druitt. glad they didn't. i really feel sorry for him though.
                        sigpic

Comment

It's so tragic that for the second time we're supposed to believe that John's cured, and just when we become certain that it's the Entity that's doing all of the dirty work, it has to go back into him!
                          sigpic
                          The Return of King Arthur
                          Trust in the Lord with all your heart; lean not on your own understanding. In all of ways
                          acknowledge him, and he'll make your path straight. Proverbs 3:5-6

Comment

Yeah, that was sad.
                            sigpic

Comment

Loved the ep. One uber jarring bad background job, otherwise, pretty good.

The character interactions were wonderful. CH sure had a lot to do!

What a great last line to Helen. <<sob>>

I know they will never have him not conflicted, but I really hope he's used more as JtR/John next season. Unless he's in the next Twilight movie too. (No idea, read the first book, didn't care for it, ignored the rest.)
                              sigpic
                              Mourning Sanctuary.
                              Thanks for the good times!

Comment

Working...
                              X