Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Stargate: Galactic Adventures

Hi guys,

First attempt at a Stargate Fan Fic! Wish me luck!

P.S. I will be borrowing Aerki's idea of the "Stargate Gate Network" for this fic so I'd like to thank him/her for letting me use it!

Setting:

Set just before Anubis' attack on earth. There will be several changes of note.

Prologue:
    Earth is under imminent threat from the Goa’uld. Anubis is amassing his forces in an attempt to destroy and enslave earth. Earth’s only line of defence is the prometheus. Will Earth survive? Or will the Goa’uld dominate the Milky Way for the rest of eternity?

Will be starting it up soon on Fan Fiction. This is a small preview.

Link: http://www.fanfiction.net/s/5589200/...e_1_Homecoming
    Last edited by Lotto; 18 January 2010, 09:48 AM.

mm yes a very small preview....
    so S7 what are you going to change then...

Comment

Well, for starters, expect the Asgard to be heavily involved at the start of this fic.

Also, this will be more of a crossover between SG1 and Atlantis. I can confirm that the Wraith will be in it later on. The Goa'uld will play a big role at the beginning and possibly towards the end, I haven't 100% decided on their role in the end. O'Neill will play an important role at the beginning in Atlantis but will not be featured as much as the fic goes on.

On a side note, don't expect this to be a masterpiece For starters I am absolutely terrible at writing dialogue as you will see on saturday when the pilot episode is up. There will be a more detailed prologue accompanying Episode 1 so be patient, hope you enjoy reading it!

Comment

Thought about getting a "beta reader" too look over your work? Or just someone else to read it before you post it for everyone else too see. (don't ask me where you can get a beta reader from, i don't know XD)

and you still havn't given any basics about what the plots about, or how it effects the characters. We havn't got much information to get excited over atm

Just my 2 cents
        [''... I laugh at your reality..''][ STARGATE FAN COMIC: 'Hallowed Turf' ] [-DeviantArt-] [ ".... and a seagull."]

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Choo1701 View Post
          Thought about getting a "beta reader" too look over your work? Or just someone else to read it before you post it for everyone else too see. (don't ask me where you can get a beta reader from, i don't know XD)

and you still havn't given any basics about what the plots about, or how it effects the characters. We havn't got much information to get excited over atm

Just my 2 cents

Some good advice there! Thanks! I'll make sure to get a reader of some sort! I'm only new to this so it will be difficult starting off. I have some more details to post! Hope I don't give too much away in the plot!

Stargate: Galactic Adventures

Plot:

Earth is under attack from Anubis and his fleet. The Asgard are contacted for assistance but can’t provide enough firepower to match that of Anubis due to their war with the replicators. Meanwhile, Thor has downloaded the Repository of Knowledge from Colonel O’Neill for a second time. Together, Thor and SG-1 manage to analyse the data and find the Lost City of the Ancients….Atlantis. All of the leaders of Earth and the majority of it’s military and top scientists are transported to the Alpha site as Earth is overrun and taken by the Goa’uld. All major cities are levelled, millions die and Anubis gives each system lord a continent of their own. While this is ongoing, SG-1, Thor and a small group of elite personnel are selected to embark on a quest for Atlantis. Will this group be the saviours of Earth? Or will the Goa’uld rule humanity forever more. Whatever the outcome, we are bound to see some thrilling Galactic Adventures!

Confirmed Characters:
          ? General Jack O’Neill
          ? General George Hammond
          ? Major Samantha Carter
          ? Major John Sheppard
          ? Anubis
          ? Thor

Comment

ah an earth Pwaning fic.... not my cuppa.¨
            and thor "downloading" the repository from Oneill? it doesnt work that way.

good luck.
            bye.

Comment

Originally posted by Alx View Post
              ah an earth Pwaning fic.... not my cuppa.¨

good luck.
              bye.
              That you are right. I guess I'm gonna have to rethink this abit. Or make up something new, as in, a new discovery by the asgard that transfers O'Neills consciousness and the knowledge to their computers where they can seperate the knowledge from his mind and then put his consciousness back in his body. Or something like that.

Comment

hhhmmm. proplem with "Apoca!Fics" is they've been done before. Heard about one where everyone ran too the Alpha Site when APOPHIS invasion wasn't stopped.

Okay, its REALLY hard to be original in sci fi, but if you can put an interesting spin on it you can make it work (ie: Stargate Universe, their planet goes BOOM, but they go too the Destiny, instead of somewhere closer).

Granted the team searching for Atlantis, while everything else is going on, is an intresting angle. Any other ideas whats going to be going on while they search for the city?

And i don't think Anubis would want to share ANY of Earth with anyone but his own forces. It HIS shiny new planet after all!

again, 2 cents

Originally posted by Alx View Post
                um...just seen the first episode of season 8, and they clearly stated that the asgard removed/downloaded the knowledge from Jack the FIRST time, back in season 2(?). They couldn't do it the second time because he was so close too death (that and it gave Jack a chance to play with the shiny new asgard ship )
                [''... I laugh at your reality..''][ STARGATE FAN COMIC: 'Hallowed Turf' ] [-DeviantArt-] [ ".... and a seagull."]

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Choo1701 View Post
                  hhhmmm. proplem with "Apoca!Fics" is they've been done before. Heard about one where everyone ran too the Alpha Site when APOPHIS invasion wasn't stopped.

Okay, its REALLY hard to be original in sci fi, but if you can put an interesting spin on it you can make it work (ie: Stargate Universe, their planet goes BOOM, but they go too the Destiny, instead of somewhere closer).

Granted the team searching for Atlantis, while everything else is going on, is an intresting angle. Any other ideas whats going to be going on while they search for the city?

And i don't think Anubis would want to share ANY of Earth with anyone but his own forces. It HIS shiny new planet after all!

again, 2 cents

um...just seen the first episode of season 8, and they clearly stated that the asgard removed/downloaded the knowledge from Jack the FIRST time, back in season 2(?). They couldn't do it the second time because he was so close too death (that and it gave Jack a chance to play with the shiny new asgard ship )
                  Yeah, that's why I thought they could download it aswell....I remember them mentioning it before. Looked it up on stargate wiki and it says that they "erased" it so I dont know. I'm gonna continue with the download anyway seeing as they said it in the actual thing.

Yeah, I know. It's not very original at all but I'm hoping I can put a spin on it to make it an interesting read atleast. We're gonna see some more "fighting" between McKay and Carter and we'll see the disobedient side of Sheppard alot.

We'll actually see the rebellious side of the Earth population and the "refugees" as you could call them will stay on the alpha site as the goa'uld don't know it's location, waiting it out. The world leaders trying to plan out their future if the Atlantis Searchers fail. This will change.

Comment

I believe the below states my opinion better than simple text.

Originally posted by Apostle's Message Redux
                    Shepard understood. Given the situation, he wasn't sure that exposing the planet to this kind of secret was smart. Miranda had regaled him with stories of how horrible 20th century Earth sounded in her history lessons and it made him leery. "I agree, god knows what would happen if Grunt got loose."

Joker snorted and muttered loudly. "Run! It's The Incredible Hulk! Kill it with fire!"
                    Read the story ---- Apostle's Message Redux, ME/SG Crossover

Comment

First Chapter is up! Not very long! Hope you enjoy and I hope I can make it as interesting as possible.

http://www.fanfiction.net/s/5589200/...atic_Adentures

Comment

if you want help on your fic im am willing to provide assistince

Comment

Sorry for bumping my thread but it is the only place I think it's the best place I can ask for one really. I have been slightly delayed due to illness but I am back on track. I was wondering if anybody would like to be a Beta reader? I have the first page of Chapter 2 done, few to go!

Also, on a side note the fic is gonna take a slightly different direction. Contrary to the information mentioned earlier Earth will not be overridden and taken over by the Goa'uld but will be in great peril however.

Season 1 will be a Stargate Atlantis/Stargate SG-1 crossover but moving fowards it will become a crossover with an entirely different series of movies which I am looking foward to writing.

Cheers guys, hope you enjoyed christmas and have a great New Year!

Lotto

Comment

Originally posted by Lotto View Post
                            Sorry for bumping my thread but it is the only place I think it's the best place I can ask for one really. I have been slightly delayed due to illness but I am back on track. I was wondering if anybody would like to be a Beta reader? I have the first page of Chapter 2 done, few to go!

Also, on a side note the fic is gonna take a slightly different direction. Contrary to the information mentioned earlier Earth will not be overridden and taken over by the Goa'uld but will be in great peril however.

Season 1 will be a Stargate Atlantis/Stargate SG-1 crossover but moving fowards it will become a crossover with an entirely different series of movies which I am looking foward to writing.

Cheers guys, hope you enjoyed christmas and have a great New Year!

Lotto
                            what kind of style are you writing it in? Prose? Summary?

Prose woulf be like a novel, you have character talking and reacting to things happening around them. Think a novel like the Halo Books or Lord of the Rings or the majority of SG Fanfiction.

Summary would be something like S09119's SG continuation. a summary write up of what happens in the episode with very little "dialogue" if any.

and a page isn't that much TBH. for a summary style, 10 pages is a good length, for a prose style, 25 pages is a good length (per episode, and under assumption page = 350-500 words)

when would you have it ready? i don't mind giving it a look. get the first episode ready so i can beta the whole thing so we can see what you're trying to do here
                            Originally posted by Apostle's Message Redux
                            Shepard understood. Given the situation, he wasn't sure that exposing the planet to this kind of secret was smart. Miranda had regaled him with stories of how horrible 20th century Earth sounded in her history lessons and it made him leery. "I agree, god knows what would happen if Grunt got loose."

Joker snorted and muttered loudly. "Run! It's The Incredible Hulk! Kill it with fire!"
                            Read the story ---- Apostle's Message Redux, ME/SG Crossover

Comment

Chapter 2 has been uploaded. Please note, that at the moment I am extremely busy with training/school etc. and have little time to write a fic so the updates will take quite some time. Hopefully though I'll be able to free up some time at weekends and have a new chapter up within 2-3 weeks...Sorry, for those who offered to beta...I promise I will send you it next time. I just didn't want to wait any longer.

Comment

Working...
                              X