This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

A Harry Potter Question

I've not read a single book or seen nearly all of the films but.....

When Harry leaves school will he live in our world or the other world?

Does either world know of the other one's existence in the Harry Potter universe? Well they must since kids come from our world to go to Hogwarts.... But is this a truth everyone knows of?

And has anyone used magic in our world?
    Go home aliens, go home!!!!

Both. The supernatural world of Harry Potter blends in the normal world. They just keep thier magical power secretive of the non-magical people. So their is a huge overlap of the two worlds.
    Originally posted by aretood2
    Jelgate is right

Comment

Originally posted by jelgate View Post
      Both. The supernatural world of Harry Potter blends in the normal world. They just keep thier magical power secretive of the non-magical people. So their is a huge overlap of the two worlds.

Comment

Originally posted by jelgate View Post
        Originally posted by Replicator Todd View Post

Comment

Originally posted by Coco Pops View Post
          I've not read a single book or seen nearly all of the films but.....

When Harry leaves school will he live in our world or the other world?

Does either world know of the other one's existence in the Harry Potter universe? Well they must since kids come from our world to go to Hogwarts.... But is this a truth everyone knows of?

And has anyone used magic in our world?
          I think you're misunderstanding the plot (or I'm just misunderstanding you). The entire story takes place within the same 'world', it's not like Narnia, all the magic goes on in 'out world' it's just kept secret.

Comment

Originally posted by KEK View Post
            I think you're misunderstanding the plot (or I'm just misunderstanding you). The entire story takes place within the same 'world', it's not like Narnia, all the magic goes on in 'out world' it's just kept secret.

OH ok..... But what about the hidden train platform. That made me think that Hogwarts lives in a world on top of ours. I mean muggles can't visit Hogwarts can they?

Comment

OH ok..... But what about the hidden train platform.
              Magic

That made me think that Hogwarts lives in a world on top of ours. I mean muggles can't visit Hogwarts can they?
              They could travel there, but they wouldn't be able to see it. If memory serves it's in Scotland, and it has 'muggle repelling charms' on it so that electronic equipment doesn't work, and so muggles don't actually see it, they see a broken down castle with 'unsafe' signs on it, or something like that...

Comment

If you're as curious about the Harry Potter books/films as you seem.. it might be worth reading some of the books.. or at least watching the first film.. since it answers a lot of the questions your asking.

Comment

Apparently they only learn magic in school, so I don't know what sort of job he could hope to get without any GCSEs.
                  sigpic
                  http://annorasponderings.tumblr.com/
                  http://circumvented.tumblr.com/

Comment

Originally posted by shipper hannah View Post
                    Apparently they only learn magic in school, so I don't know what sort of job he could hope to get without any GCSEs.
                    Bewitch the Human Resources person.
                    If you wish to see more of my rants, diatribes, and general comments, check out my Twitter account SirRyanR!
                    Check out Pharaoh Hamenthotep's wicked 3D renders here!
                    If you can prove me wrong, go for it. I enjoy being proven wrong.

sigpic
                    Worship the Zefron. Always the Zefron.

Comment

Magic
                      And yet owls delivering letters and invitations to the school all over England isn't strange.... Hmmmmmm

They could travel there, but they wouldn't be able to see it. If memory serves it's in Scotland, and it has 'muggle repelling charms' on it so that electronic equipment doesn't work, and so muggles don't actually see it, they see a broken down castle with 'unsafe' signs on it, or something like that...
                      Well that is a bit silly....... I mean no school sports days, where parents can come to watch. Silly....

Comment

Originally posted by Pharaoh Hamenthotep View Post
                        If you're as curious about the Harry Potter books/films as you seem.. it might be worth reading some of the books.. or at least watching the first film.. since it answers a lot of the questions your asking.

I'm curious but not that keen..... I just had a few questions I did not know the answers to.

The only good thing I like about Harry Potter is that it has got kids back into the art of reading....

Oh and Emma Watson too

Comment

It's actually quite good after the 4th book.
                          Spoiler:

The top level of Government (at least within the UK) is aware of the magical community living secretly within Britain under its own governance.

"Five Rounds Rapid"

sigpic

Comment

And from my understanding, the Prime Minister wasn't to comphy with that. Poor thing.
                            Tumblr: fashion4ducks.tumblr.com
                            Where my mind comes out to play *DUN DUN DUN!!!!!!!!!!!!*

Comment

I'm curious but not that keen..... I just had a few questions I did not know the answers to.

The only good thing I like about Harry Potter is that it has got kids back into the art of reading....

Oh and Emma Watson too
                              And that is what is most important

Comment

Working...
                              X