Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Smallville n00b with a question!!

Hey all!

Long-time Superman fan, (almost) brand new Smallville fan!!!

I'm currently working my way through the seasons (mid-way through season three) and I just wanna know which episodes are the best Lex episodes?

I absolutely love Rosenbaum's Lex Luthor...He gives the character so much depth...I think when I get to the episodes where hes become evil as sin, I'll love him all the same!!
    sigpic
    Part 2 coming very soon!! (this is a fic btw, not the Fandemonium novel)

Hmmm, that is a tough one. I am going to have to take a little look and try and refresh a bit on the past seasons. There are quite a few great Lex episodes.
    sigpic
    MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
    "...phu...ah..."
    "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
    Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

without spoiling too much..

season 4 I think is when he starts getting really obsessed
      season 5 he starts showing real evil
      season 6 is the point of no return
      season 7 he starts getting desperate and losing it until the ultimate...
      season 8 they should never have brought him back, really sucked

my favorite is the last scene of s6 Subterranean, really show how evil he's become

Comment

Originally posted by Heaven View Post

my favorite is the last scene of s6 Subterranean, really show how evil he's become
        Totally agree.

Comment

Originally posted by Heaven View Post

I didn't think they did it bad. But they need to do it again. And actually bring Rosenbaum back to play the role.
          sigpic
          MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
          "...phu...ah..."
          "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
          Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

Originally posted by sueKay View Post
            Hey all!

Long-time Superman fan, (almost) brand new Smallville fan!!!

I'm currently working my way through the seasons (mid-way through season three) and I just wanna know which episodes are the best Lex episodes?

I absolutely love Rosenbaum's Lex Luthor...He gives the character so much depth...I think when I get to the episodes where hes become evil as sin, I'll love him all the same!!
            MR was great on this show. He and JG were the best actors, imo. I hated to see them go in S7.

Every season has a Lex centric episode. I've liked all of them, and some of them are really good like Lexmas from season 5.

There are good Lex scenes all throughout each season, so I can only say watch them all because some eps that he's barely in have some of his best stuff.

Not Lex centric eps but had some great scenes:

S5 - Cyborg - a good one for showing his progression to the dark side. The last scene in S6 Subterranean helped cement the turn (even though otherwise I think this is one of the worst episodes of Smallville).

S6 - The very last scene in Trespass (he was barely in this one otherwise). This put the nail in the coffin on his and Clark's friendship. I love this scene because he is so cold in it.
            Spoiler:

Lex: You see, I understand the allure of trying to unravel the mystery of Clark Kent. I suffered from it once, too...when I thought you mattered.

Clark: Are we done?

Lex: Nothing left but the formalities. [hands Clark an invitation to their wedding] Don't look so surprised, Clark. Lana still cares about you, I know that. And I know what it would mean to her having you there.

Clark: Is that really what you want, Lex?

Lex: What I want? What I want is to make Lana happy for the rest of her life. And I want you to be there on our wedding day...to see what you lost.

Season 6 is actually one of my favorites because Lex has a prominent role in the main story for that season. This is his season, imo, so you ought to enjoy it. He and Clark are on opposite sides, and there was no going back for him.
            IMO always implied.

Comment

Working...
            X