Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What made a good episode of SG1/SGA for you and what made a bad one for you?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by thekillman View Post
    so you're saying, you hate "holiday" (after 20 minutes, i had the solution), you like, for example, Fifth Race, Tornment of Tantalus, and you dislike some teal'c episodes like bloodlines.
    I actually loved Holiday.
    20 minutes is fine. I;m scifi savvy enough to be really impressed when I don't get the solution by 20 minutes of an episode. I'm saying I hated Revisions, which became obvious - and more important, derivative within 3 minutes of an episode.

Yes, I like Fifth Race, Torment of Tantalus, but also One False Step, Enigma, Maternal Instinct, Beneath the Surface, The Changeling, Crusade...
    Dislike, less Bloodlines, more Talion. I actually quite like Bloodlines. Talion is the best example of what I see as a problem in SG1 and esp. SGA.
    Pinky, are you thinking what I'm thinking?
    Yes, I am!
    sigpic
    Improved and unfuzzy banner being the result of more of Caldwell's 2IC sick, yet genuis, mind.
    Help Pitry win a competition! Listen to Kula Shaker's new single
    Peter Pan R.I.P

Comment

The Puppet Show SG-1 was bad....very bad
      All Michael Episodes...of SGA...bad...very bad.

Not even a little good....
      None

Comment

Originally posted by Saquist View Post
        The Puppet Show SG-1 was bad....very bad
        All Michael Episodes...of SGA...bad...very bad.

Not even a little good....
        None
        I guess you weren’t a Team America fan then?

Comment

Even though I have serious moral objections to the actions taken, I thought that "Michael" was one of the best episodes Atlantis ever did. Later episodes involving his character not so much, but that first one was great.
          "A society grows great when old men plant trees, the shade of which they know they will never sit in. Good people do things for other people. That's it, the end." -- Penelope Wilton in Ricky Gervais's After Life

Comment

Originally posted by DigiFluid View Post
            Even though I have serious moral objections to the actions taken, I thought that "Michael" was one of the best episodes Atlantis ever did. Later episodes involving his character not so much, but that first one was great.
            I love it when there's morally questionable issues.

"Five Rounds Rapid"

sigpic

Comment

Questionable is one thing, medical experimentation on a POW is a war crime.

That's why I said 'serious objections' rather than 'questionable issues'
              "A society grows great when old men plant trees, the shade of which they know they will never sit in. Good people do things for other people. That's it, the end." -- Penelope Wilton in Ricky Gervais's After Life

Comment

I didn't see the Wraith at the Geneva Conventions.

"Five Rounds Rapid"

sigpic

Comment

And I call that a copout to justify horrific crimes

The point of agreeing on the Geneva Conventions was that some actions are criminal in all circumstances, regardless of who signed on.

Comment

And I call that a copout to justify horrific crimes

The point of agreeing on the Geneva Conventions was that some actions are criminal in all circumstances, regardless of who signed on.
                    However - and I'm not saying I support this line of argument - US defence for their positioning of torturing terrorists is that they are not acting on behalf of a sovereign state and are thus not attributed the rights an enemy combatant of a legitimate force is.

Moralistically - wrong. No two ways about it.

Necessary? That's debatable.

"Five Rounds Rapid"

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Flying Officer Bennett View Post
                      However - and I'm not saying I support this line of argument - US defence for their positioning of torturing terrorists is that they are not acting on behalf of a sovereign state and are thus not attributed the rights an enemy combatant of a legitimate force is.

Moralistically - wrong. No two ways about it.

Necessary? That's debatable.
                      Good. I might've needed to go on a tirade

Comment

Good. I might've needed to go on a tirade
                        Lol.

I subscribe to the principle of the end justifying the means. I'd be willing to tarnish my own soul in my deeds if I thought my cause was Just.

Is torture morally right? No.

Would I torture someone in a ticking bomb scenario? Yes.

"Five Rounds Rapid"

sigpic

Comment

Questionable is one thing, not presented as questionable is another .

In this Michael is actually a good episode.They acknowledge there are moral problems with what they do. Most of SGA...
                          Yes, I am!
                          sigpic
                          Improved and unfuzzy banner being the result of more of Caldwell's 2IC sick, yet genuis, mind.
                          Peter Pan R.I.P

Comment

Originally posted by Pitry View Post
                            Questionable is one thing, not presented as questionable is another .

In this Michael is actually a good episode.They acknowledge there are moral problems with what they do. Most of SGA...
                            Fair point.

Btw - still a nice guy btw. :-p. Doesn't mean I ADVOCATE torture.

"Five Rounds Rapid"

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Flying Officer Bennett View Post
                              Fair point.

Btw - still a nice guy btw. :-p. Doesn't mean I ADVOCATE torture.
                              Hehe. Some TV characters definitely make me advocate torture, if it makes you feel any better
                              Yes, I am!
                              sigpic
                              Peter Pan R.I.P

Comment

What made an episode of SG-1/SGA good. was the fact that not all things are fixable.

What made an episode of SG-1 bad was when they turned Danial into Kenny from South Park. I got real tired of that.

You have to be pretty smart to be in the Airforce. I hated it when they DUMB Jack down for comedic relief.

There are thousands of words in the universe. Really! I swear! So when both shows had Teal'c and Ronon and Teyla only use words like "Indeed" or not use contractions, it got old fast.

When a person dies.......keep them dead!! The best use of a *bring back* from the dead was Janet in the Ripple Effect.

Carson...wasted use *ever* of a bring back.

Elizabeth..........*sigh*

SGA: the fifth season was bad in not using all the cast. Ronon and Teyla were excluded from a lot of episodes. And they JUST had to have John and Rodney in every episode like Whisper or B.S for a few seconds. Why couldn't they have done that with Teyla and Ronon?

Now here is where I am admitting that I contradict myself.

The writing was GREAT at times , and the writing SUCKED most of the time for both shows.
                                Why did you do such a thing, you mediocre dunces?

Comment

Working...
                                X