Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Canon or Non Canon, after seeing the episodes?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Claiming SGU isn't canon because you don't like it is like saying that Star Trek: Voyager isn't canon because you don't like it. You have no power over this decision, TPTB do.

Comment

Originally posted by jsonitsac View Post
      Claiming SGU isn't canon because you don't like it is like saying that Star Trek: Voyager isn't canon because you don't like it. You have no power over this decision, TPTB do.
      He's right.

Also. Mushrooms aren't canon.

Neither's Gordon Brown for that matter.

"Five Rounds Rapid"

sigpic

Comment

How is this topic possible?

Comment

Originally posted by Replicator Todd View Post
          How is this topic possible?
          the OP appeased the mods by mixing coke with pepsi then dividing by zero!!!!!!

reality has been ripped apart.
          sigpic
          EMBRACE DEMOCRACY, OR YOU WILL BE ERADICATED
          -Liberty Prime

Comment

I agree, SGU has no canon. I'm a little disappointed by the lack of canon's.
            Disclaimer: All opinions stated within this post are relevant to the author herself, and do not in any way represent the opinions of God, Country, The Powers That Be or Greater Fandom.

Any resemblance to aforementioned opinions are purely coincidental.

Comment

Originally posted by Deevil View Post
              I agree, SGU has no canon. I'm a little disappointed by the lack of canon's.
              Did you not see Earth?
              Originally posted by aretood2
              Jelgate is right

Comment

If you want canon you have to go all the way back to the 1994 feature film. Of course this doesn't stop people from whining that SG-1 should be included as part of the official canon for any sequels to the film.
                How to Survive an Alien Attack

Comment

Originally posted by jelgate View Post
                  Did you not see Earth?
                  There were canon's? I missed the canon's?!?

Where they being used? If so, why oh why didn't they just kill Young's wife?

Originally posted by aarlin81 View Post
                  If you want canon you have to go all the way back to the 1994 feature film. Of course this doesn't stop people from whining that SG-1 should be included as part of the official canon for any sequels to the film.
                  Disclaimer: All opinions stated within this post are relevant to the author herself, and do not in any way represent the opinions of God, Country, The Powers That Be or Greater Fandom.

Any resemblance to aforementioned opinions are purely coincidental.

Comment

I like this thread because of the OP's belief that a fan calling something non-canon would probably make it so one day...
                    ~ When life gives you lemons, don't make lemonade. Make life take back the lemons back! Get mad! I don't want your damn lemons! What am I supposed to do with these? Demand to see life's manager! Make life rue the day it thought it could give Cave Johnson lemons! Do you know who I am? I'm the man who's gonna burn your house down! WITH THE LEMONS! I'm gonna get my engineers to invent a combustible lemon that BURNS YOUR HOUSE DOWN! ~

~ Burning people! He says what we're all thinking! ~

Comment

Originally posted by Aer'ki View Post
                      I went to post this on the original thread and found it closed, so here's a new one.

I originally said that I thought SGU was going to be non canon, and based on what I've seen I was exactly right.

Has anyone else come to accept this? Is SGU Canon or Non Canon?
                      The producers says its Canon.

The writers says its Canon.

So...yeah. It's canon.

Just because you don't like something doesn't mean you can yell its not real and make it so.

It's canon, its renewed and it's good.

Comment

Technically the original canon of the Stargate-universe is that of Devlin and Emmerich. RCC and BW's canon is seperate from that of Devlin, but to make it simple we just view it as the same...
                        Meh.

Comment

Originally posted by s09119 View Post
                          Canon: Stargate: The Movie, SG-1, The Ark of Truth, Continuum, Atlantis, Universe, Kino-sodes

Not Canon: Infinity, original Stargate novels, fanfiction

Hypnotic Stare.

There is no Stargate Infinity. There is no Stargate Infinity. Any thought of ancient butterflies and wrist lasers causes immense agony.

There, better now.

Comment

The Discontinuity Trope is normally reserved for shows that have long ended and thier canocity reexamined depending on success or failiure. As it stands SGU remains canon until discounted by the powers-that-be. They say "oh it's canon" NOW, but if it tanked, they'd waver it off.

Ninja Turtles: The Next Mutation was (allegedly) canocial with the movies when it aired, failed miserably, discounted when Peter Laird took sole control of the franchise and disowned it. Could be canocial again if Viacom decree it, but since Disney control that series, don't bank on that.

In a twist on this, It's been noted by the former executive producer and story editors that the final season of Power Rangers (Power Rangers RPM) isnt canoncial with the remaining seasons, yet fans count it as canocial because of all the fanwank in that series (a case of the easter egg nods being far too easy to fit to be easter eggs). It's easier, of course, not to bother with technicalities such as that because the mainstream couldnt give a toss about the show at this stage except the die-hards. Stargate is still a very visible and powerful franchise, so fandom consensus and control neednt apply

Comment

Originally posted by Deevil View Post
                              There were canon's? I missed the canon's?!?

Where they being used? If so, why oh why didn't they just kill Young's wife?

Confusion reigns. I think you are getting confused between Canon (priest) and Cannon (big gun)

Thinking about it though, could a canon exorcise a stone-swapped person from the body they are possessing?

--Rakhal

Comment

the show being part of the stargate franchise is one thing, but what about specific story lines that are established in canon...

for eg people on sgu are using the stones to go and tell family and friends what has happened to them... is it not established in canon that the stargate program is top secret and you need security clearance to be in the know...

in sga the members of the expedition were not allowed to tell their loved ones that they were in another galaxy, and that they may never have a way to get back to earth, in the ep 'letters from pegasus'...

however in sgu alot of people are suddenly telling people who dont have clearance and they dont appear to be signing confidentiality agreements...

that is the type of thing i think of when i think canon... and it makes me wonder, have tptb just changed this to suit the stories or is there something more to it, like this is a first step towards letting the general public in on the existence of the stargate...
                                "...but I think if I were to describe myself in pure feminist forms, I would say I want equality. We want respect not because we're women, but simply because we're human beings..." AT 'Live peace. Speak kindness. Dwell in possibility.'

Comment

Working...
                                X