This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The -WHAT IF- thread

Id like to start this thread to speculate of how things would be different on Destiny or the show in general, WITHOUT changing the basic premise of the show (them being stranded on the Destiny).

For example, what if Icarus base was actually led by O'Neill instead of Young.
    How would the character interactions change, for example between Rush-O'Neill?

Im not interested in the "what if they gated to earth" discussion, as there would be no show to discuss.

Wild speculation is highly encouraged here!
    Later, AdamTM

I swear a lot, just take it as my attempt at honesty.

Stargate Atlantis Unlimited

Stargate Universe - BSG Style

Stargate Universe - Monk Style

SGU SUCKS

I don't think it would be that much different. They are both different characters in their own right but in terms of military thinking Young and O'Neill seem simliar. For example in Life I think O'Neill would of told Rush the same thing about the chair that Young did
    Originally posted by aretood2
    Jelgate is right

Comment

O'neill probably wouldn't sleep with TJ, and he would ditch Rush in episode 3 on a planet.

WHAT IF:

what if the ship did not have a mastercode? i'm interested in that. they have basically no mission, or at least, they can not really do anything with full control of the ship

Comment

They could look in the data base for an Icarus planet that the Destiny could have passed by in the past and set a course for it.

WHAT IF:

Eli actualy grew some "Kinos" and actualy stoped being Young's Yes Man?

Comment

Originally posted by jelgate View Post
          I don't think it would be that much different. They are both different characters in their own right but in terms of military thinking Young and O'Neill seem simliar. For example in Life I think O'Neill would of told Rush the same thing about the chair that Young did
          I actually think that it would have been quite different.
          For one, i think Rush would not **** with O'Neil, second i think Young and Jack are different leaders.

O'Neil actually changed a lot from a wise-cracking tough guy, to a level-headed diplomatic type over the series imo. I think O'Neill would actually use Rushs talents, rather than to be skeptical about every decision he makes.

Yes he would still block some of Rushs decisions, but he wouldnt make it a personal war against him.
          Later, AdamTM

SGU SUCKS

Comment

Originally posted by AdamTM View Post
            Yes he would still block some of Rushs decisions, but he wouldnt make it a personal war against him.
            This I agree with. Young has made a personal war with Rush, and not only Rush but all the scientists. In Jack's tenure in the Stargate program he has not only grown close to a scientist or 2... he's also learnt to respect them and give them a little latitude.

And I think as much as the chair may be dangerous, that he would have had either himself or someone else sit in it. Having it there doing nothing is pointless. Jack will make the hard decisions that Young seems incapable of doing.
            Disclaimer: All opinions stated within this post are relevant to the author herself, and do not in any way represent the opinions of God, Country, The Powers That Be or Greater Fandom.

Any resemblance to aforementioned opinions are purely coincidental.

Comment

Originally posted by The Swarm View Post
              They could look in the data base for an Icarus planet that the Destiny could have passed by in the past and set a course for it.

WHAT IF:

Eli actualy grew some "Kinos" and actualy stoped being Young's Yes Man?
              Then Eli would definitely be a different character - he would've killed Scott by now and got with Chloe... And I'm sure Rush would've succeeded in all of his plans over the last 9 episodes...

What If... I got nothing, so I'll let someone else take the ball and run with it.
              ~ When life gives you lemons, don't make lemonade. Make life take back the lemons back! Get mad! I don't want your damn lemons! What am I supposed to do with these? Demand to see life's manager! Make life rue the day it thought it could give Cave Johnson lemons! Do you know who I am? I'm the man who's gonna burn your house down! WITH THE LEMONS! I'm gonna get my engineers to invent a combustible lemon that BURNS YOUR HOUSE DOWN! ~

~ Burning people! He says what we're all thinking! ~

Comment

Originally posted by Deevil View Post
                This I agree with. Young has made a personal war with Rush, and not only Rush but all the scientists. In Jack's tenure in the Stargate program he has not only grown close to a scientist or 2... he's also learnt to respect them and give them a little latitude.

And I think as much as the chair may be dangerous, that he would have had either himself or someone else sit in it. Having it there doing nothing is pointless. Jack will make the hard decisions that Young seems incapable of doing.
                I actually think Rush would suggest Jack should sit in it, since he has the most experience with similar devices.
                Later, AdamTM

SGU SUCKS

Comment

I actually think Rush would suggest Jack should sit in it, since he has the most experience with similar devices.
                  I agree with you. I'm just not sure that Jack would sit in it under these circumstances, I'm not sure it'd be the most prudent decision...
                  Disclaimer: All opinions stated within this post are relevant to the author herself, and do not in any way represent the opinions of God, Country, The Powers That Be or Greater Fandom.

Any resemblance to aforementioned opinions are purely coincidental.

Comment

I actually think that it would have been quite different.
                    For one, i think Rush would not **** with O'Neil, second i think Young and Jack are different leaders.
                    I can't believe that for a second. Rush would maybe approach things differently but he would still do whatever it takes to further his ship. Oh they are definatly different leaders but one constant is they wouldn't put up with Rush and his actions for very long. SG1 has shown that Jack doesn't like people who take advantage of.
                    O'Neil actually changed a lot from a wise-cracking tough guy, to a level-headed diplomatic type over the series imo. I think O'Neill would actually use Rushs talents, rather than to be skeptical about every decision he makes.
                    You mean like locking two people in a room until they stopped fighting?
                    I never thought he made a diplomat at all.

Well that is where we disagree. I don't see the Jack of SG1 tolertaing most of Rush's actions. This is the guy who would send multiple units in to rescue one or two soldiers. I can't see him tolerating Rush's risking human lives.
                    Originally posted by aretood2
                    Jelgate is right

Comment

What if O'Neill was in charge instead of Youngs?

He wouldn't have left Rush BEHIND.
                      He'd just be locked up, not deserted on some planet.
                      O'Neill: "Ah. Trees, trees and more trees! What a wonderfully green universe we live in, eh."

Season 3 Episode 8 - Demons

Comment

"go sit in the chair" would then take a very different meaning.

"oh, sit in the chair for cryin' out loud!"

Comment

WHAT IF:

Destiny was a mouldy lump of sauerkraut and the crew were beans?

Comment

Originally posted by escyos View Post
                            WHAT IF:

Destiny was a mouldy lump of sauerkraut and the crew were beans?
                            That would be one tasty show!
                            Later, AdamTM

SGU SUCKS

Comment

What if the destiny was already occupied when the team got there?

Comment

Working...
                              X