No announcement yet.

Sam Carter /Jack O'Neill Ship Appreciation Thread 2.0

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My kind of luck it'll be done next week.
    sigpic

Click here daily to give free mammograms

It is better to be crazy for Jesus than a wise man for Satan. Laters, Misi

Comment

You can just post what you have and then finish it when you have the time for it

Comment

Do we know who opens the Ship Day thread? Will it be SamJackShipper93 as usual?

Comment

Ship Day thread

Comment

Originally posted by Samantha-Carter-is-my-muse View Post
            Do we know who opens the Ship Day thread? Will it be SamJackShipper93 as usual?
            Goodness! I'm so sorry! I had every intention of dropping by a little earlier and saying that I would do it, but I had unexpected family issues last night. Thank you for opening it, SCIMM!!!
            sigpic
            The Return of King Arthur
            Trust in the Lord with all your heart; lean not on your own understanding. In all of ways
            acknowledge him, and he'll make your path straight. Proverbs 3:5-6

Comment

Originally posted by SamJackShipper93 View Post
              Goodness! I'm so sorry! I had every intention of dropping by a little earlier and saying that I would do it, but I had unexpected family issues last night. Thank you for opening it, SCIMM!!!
              I hope the unexpected family issues were resolved quickly! Thank you, but it was iiradned who opened the thread

Comment

I found this on fanfiction.net just a few minutes ago. Loved it. Pretty sure you all will, too.

https://www.fanfiction.net/s/13004435/1/Operation-Homer

I'm saving it in my file archive.

Comment

And here's another by the same author:

https://www.fanfiction.net/s/1299252...es-and-Cliches

Comment

Something that I've never thought about: The wedding in 200 was such a small portion of the episode, I wonder why they went to the trouble to get Amanda a wig. There really wasn't any reason why she couldn't have short hair, so I wonder if it was specifically a character decision (made either by AT, the producers, or someone else).
                    A little late, but perhaps it was a way to signify that the wedding was a future event, as opposed to a past adventure.

Sig courtesy of RepliCartertje

Comment

It didn't take a genius to know why she loved him.
                      Some things needed no explanation; no formula; no logic.
                      He didn't complete her.
                      On the contrary.
                      He was her infinite equation.
                      Her never-ending end.
                      Sam loved Jack simply because.....
                      ..... he was..
                      sigpic
                      sig by Mada
                      As a matter of FIC

Comment

Hope all is well now
                        sigpic
                        sig by Mada
                        As a matter of FIC

Comment

Good morning, Penguins!

sigpic

Comment

sigpic

Comment

Where are you guys? ????
                              sigpic
                              sig by Mada
                              As a matter of FIC

Comment

I've been thinking about There But For the Grace of God, and one thing that strikes me every time I watch the episode is that, even knowing that General O'Neill and Dr Carter are engaged, they are completely professional. Aside from their hug, which only somebody with a heart of stone could begrudge them under the circumstance, their personal relationship does not appear to have had any impact on their work.

It's got me thinking about our Sam and Jack, and perhaps an idea for a fic that's taking shape in my mind.

I happily accept Joe Mallozzi's head canon that Sam and Jack got together after Threads, but how do posters on this thread see their relationship playing out?

For my part, I don't see them having a secret relationship in violation of the frat regs. I can't see Sam breaking the rules like that and, while there may be a slim possibility that Jack would consider it if it was just his career on the line, I can't see him risking Sam's. I'd lay odds that, on the job, their interactions would be as professional as those of their TBFTGOG counterparts but I don't see them entering into a relationship behind the backs of their superiors.

Right now, my best guess is that their relationship is known to those they report to, and that they've been given the clear to go ahead with it, with the caveat that, should they judge that their objectivity is compromised, they will revisit their positions. There could also be an expectation that they not advertise their relationship around colleagues, hence Sam being discreet and not coming out and saying who she's seeing.

I can see a situation where Jack wanted to retire in the immediate aftermath of Threads, at a time when the major threats were eliminated, and approached Hammond about it, only to be told that Hammond was retiring and wanted Jack to take his place. Jack could confide in him about why he wanted to retire and, if the higher-ups wanted to keep Jack and Sam, they might have been prepared to tolerate a personal relationship if the alternative was to lose one or both of them.

I'd love to know what others think happened.

Sig courtesy of RepliCartertje

Comment

Working...
                                X