No announcement yet.

Sam Carter /Jack O'Neill Ship Appreciation Thread 2.0

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I have a question. What do you think, when we could say that Jack started to like Same more? There are few moments when we can see Sam's feelings ( before divide and conquer), but Jack is mysterious for me. I tried to focus on it, but it seems I was blind. One moment could be,when he is kissing Sam from other reality but otherwise I am lost. Somehow Sam's feelings were clearer for me.

Comment

Originally posted by AmFor View Post
      I have a question. What do you think, when we could say that Jack started to like Same more? There are few moments when we can see Sam's feelings ( before divide and conquer), but Jack is mysterious for me. I tried to focus on it, but it seems I was blind. One moment could be,when he is kissing Sam from other reality but otherwise I am lost. Somehow Sam's feelings were clearer for me.
      Jack's feelings were pretty clear in the episode with the arm bands when Sam was trapped behind the force field and he refused to leave her.

Even though they were both in an alternate reality, it was very clear in There But the Grace of God (S1) how they both felt about each other.

Also, in S2, "In the Line of Duty", he showed more concern for her than he would for simply a friend.

In "Beneath the Surface", he remembered "feeling feelings".

And in "Entity" he also showed a fair amount of concern for what was happening to her.
      Last edited by hedwig; 20 August 2020, 11:46 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by hedwig View Post
        Jack's feelings were pretty clear in the episode with the arm bands when Sam was trapped behind the force field and he refused to leave her.

Even though they wer3 both in an alternate reality, it was very clear in There But the Grace of God (S1) how they both felt about each other.

Also, in S2, "In the Line of Duty", he showed more concern for her than he would for simply a friend.

In "Beneath the Surface", he remembered "feeling feelings".

And in "Entity" he also showed a fair amount of concern for what was happening to her.
        Yes, in and after episode Divide and conquer it is pretty obvious. In "There But the Grace of God" (S1) it was a different timeline and yeah, we got a good example, that there can be something between them also in our timeline.
        And thank you for "In the Line of Duty", it slipped my mind

Btw. Is there something between them in SGU? Nice moments or so? This series just passed by me.

Comment

Yes, in and after episode Divide and conquer it is pretty obvious. In "There But the Grace of God" (S1) it was a different timeline and yeah, we got a good example, that there can be something between them also in our timeline.

Btw. Is there something between them in SGU? Nice moments or so? This series just passed by me.
          He called her Sam once in SGU. I think something was in "Singularity". The relief was obvious when he heard she was okay. I know it was about Cassie, Jack cares of children, but the way he said her name was behind the regulations.

Always

Comment

Originally posted by DAC View Post
            He called her Sam once in SGU. I think something was in "Singularity". The relief was obvious when he heard she was okay. I know it was about Cassie, Jack cares of children, but the way he said her name was behind the regulations.

Always
            I have to look at it again

Comment

Originally posted by DAC View Post

Always
              Yes. When she went back down to be with Cassie, and he tried to get her on the intercom system, he said "Sam".

Comment

I haven't seen it, but some folks say there is a picture of Sam in Jack's office in SGU.

And when Sam went to be in charge of Atlantis, and she was unpacking in her quarters, she had a framed picture of Jack with her.

Comment

Originally posted by hedwig View Post
                  I haven't seen it, but some folks say there is a picture of Sam in Jack's office in SGU.

And when Sam went to be in charge of Atlantis, and she was unpacking in her quarters, she had a framed picture of Jack with her.
                  One question, time when Sam is in SGA is after 10th season of SG,isn't it? But before SG Continuum, right?

Comment

One question, time when Sam is in SGA is after 10th season of SG1, isn't it? But before SG Continuum, right?
                    Correct. She gets command of The Hammond after SGA, and shows up in SGU at the beginning.

Comment

I love, really love fanfictions stories. I would like to thank you all of you who write these amazing fanfictions. That help me get through the difficult times of my life. I appreciate every letter. In particular that include off-world marriage and rating M, these have a special place in my heart.

Always

Comment

I have a question. Would it be possible for Jack and Sam to be together when for example would Sam work in Area 51 and Jack in Washington? I am mean when they wouldn't work together in SG1? Even though they would still be part of airforce, but Jack wouldn't be her commander?

Comment

The alien tech research department in Area 51 might be part of Homeworld Command which Jack heads and if Sam works there would place them in the same chain of command and thus wouldn't allow them to be together.

Myself and several others have in our headcanon that at the end of season 8, Sam transferred to Area 51 with Jack still in command of the SGC. This would place them in different chains of command and thus allow them to have a romantic relationship albeit at the cost of physical distance with Jack in Colorado and Sam in Nevada.

While separated Sam and Jack get married, thus if Sam somehow winds up under Jack's command again there won't any punishment for breaking the fraternization regs as the relationship was pre-existing before Sam joined or rejoined Jack's command.
                          No Sam w/o a Jack and no Jack w/o a Sam.
                          It's like and immutable law of the multiverse.

Comment

Thank you and could be Jack on such a position somewhere in USA that wouldn't be connected to Sam's work? For example, she would stay in SGC, than what could he do or where can he work that he wouldn't be in command of SGC? Like for example Gen.Hammond, what is he doing now? Or what is his relation to SG1?

Comment

When Henry Hayes became President of the United States, he reviewed the SGC and Area 51 to see if they should continue as is, be dissolved, or reorganized. He chose to reorganize. All US government departments relating the stargate and off-world activities when place under a new umbrella organization, Homeworld Command headed by George Hammond formerly of the SGC, and Jack was promoted to Brigadier General and placed in command of the SGC and Sam was promoted to Lt Colonel and given SG-1.

That lasted for a year when Jack was again promoted to Major General and given Homeworld Command because Hammond went for medical retirement. After this year, Sam after the death of her father and breaking up with Pete transferred to Area 51. Sam's time at Area 51 lasted only a few months as a new enemy was encountered and she went back to the SGC and SG-1.

After 2 years the new enemy was defeated and Sam was promoted to Colonel, completing Midway Station and then seconded to the IOA to lead the Atlantis Expedition. Sam was there for a year before she was replaced due to IOA politicking. Sam then spent a year doing unspecified duties before being given command of Homeworld's newest starship the George Hammond named after the late Gen. Hammond. It was revealed in the last episode of Stargate: Atlantis that he had died recently. (This was done to honor Don S. Davis the actor who played Hammond who had also recently died.)

Meanwhile Jack was again promoted to Lt. General and Sam was assigned to the division operating the starships which is separate from the SGC but under Homeworld.

As to Jack, his expertise relates to the Stargate and off-world operations thus so long as Jack and Sam remain in their current assignments there is always the potential for conflicts between their professional and personal lives.
                              No Sam w/o a Jack and no Jack w/o a Sam.
                              It's like and immutable law of the multiverse.

Comment

I watched today Threads. It is just me who thinks that Jack was too much distant? I mean he never was the one who would show Sam feelings obviously, but come on, she comes to him, wants to say practically something like this- I am not going to merry Pete because I want only you, I love and need only you, come inside and make some babies...(or something similar ) and he is just standing there with his huh, it is perfect that you want to buy a house with Pete. I don't see any emotions in his reaction. Then later when Jacob is dying it is different but still, that scene at his house when she was feeling something special and he is just like "huh?"
                                When we think that before in The Lost city she wanted to tell him also something important and his reaction was I know. End of discussion. Yes again I know that it is prohibited but a small touch or something. We deserve a proper normal kiss that wouldn't be part of AU or time travel **** and so on. I am sorry I am a bit pissed but I will calm soon down

Comment

Working...
                                X