• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Dropped ValenShip Haiku

When best intentions
    For Sam and Jack ValenShip
    Are waylaid by flu!

I wouldn't mind doing a week long thing. Now that my eyes are back open and I can sit up without a grunt, love to do it.
    MISSION: STARGATE REWATCH 2011-2012 ENGAGED DONE!
    sigpic
    Beware Helen Magnus - Doctor of A$$-Kicking

Comment

This is a public service announcement!

20 years ago today, "There But For The Grace of God" premiered, and the world was first introduced to "what-may-be" for Jack and Sam through their engaged alternate selves.

Just thought you should know!
      sigpic
      The Return of King Arthur
      Trust in the Lord with all your heart; lean not on your own understanding. In all of ways
      acknowledge him, and he'll make your path straight. Proverbs 3:5-6

Comment

Oh ... my ... goodness ...

I don't want to get my hopes up... I can't get my hopes up...

https://twitter.com/Jenniesapetal/st...84076505141255

But I have hope.
        sigpic
        Trust in the Lord with all your heart; lean not on your own understanding. In all of ways

Comment

Joe Mallozzi (has implied) he is willing to shoot for Sam/Jack Confirmation if MGM greenlights a new series.

If you have any desire for this, get over to Twitter and start tweeting! If you don't have a Twitter, make a Twitter (for nothing else but Stargate if you want).

Follow @StargateNow on Twitter, join the Stargate Command website (just set up a free account if you don't want to pay the $20), but we need to show MGM that we're here and we want more Stargate.

MGM is taking note of the fanbase. This could happen!

#StargateNow #DriveToRevive
          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Joseph Malozzi
            February 24, 2018: Here’s the Game Plan, Stargate Fans! StargateNow!
            February 24, 2018 by Joseph Mallozzi

With the release of Stargate: Origins on the Stargate Command platform, MGM has taken the first steps towards exploring fan interest in further Stargate adventures.
            Read more on his blog: https://josephmallozzi.wordpress.com...s-stargatenow/
            Unmade Plans (WIP: 11/20):
            Sam's life takes a turn in an unexpected direction when she's faced with an unplanned pregnancy. The decision to keep the baby and raise it on her own will alter her life forever. Relationships are put to the test, especially the one between her and Jack. She doesn't know what to expect from him and he surprises her at every turn.
            On FFnet or AO3

My S/J fics can be found on FFnet and AO3. I also tweet and tumble about the ship and my writing/stories.

Comment

Hey, Everyone! Doing my part to help raise awareness about the campaign to get Stargate revived! I see there have already been links posted to Joe Mallozzi’s blog about it. Please check in everyday with him if you can...tomorrow he’s going to lay out the game plan for the upcoming Tweet storm that we are hoping will show MGM what a dedicated fan base Stargate still has.

As importantly as getting a new Stargate series green-lighted is making sure MGM builds on the existing canon, and ideally, involves the original show runners, Brad Wright and Robert Cooper. This way we can assure that a reboot doesn’t nullify all the wonderful years and stories that have made Stargate what it is and we can continue to build on over 300 episodes of characters, history and canon. And if we’re lucky, maybe get some dangling story arcs finally resolved! *cough*Sam/Jack*cough*

So if you can, please participate. There will be a North American effort and an International effort, because Stargate truly is a worldwide phenomenon!

Oh...and in one of his blogs, Joe sketched out a possible scenario that included the SGC under the command of General Carter. Needless to say, I couldn’t let that go until I’d written this...

https://www.fanfiction.net/s/12849985/1/Return-To-Duty

Think of it as what might be!

#StargateNow #DriveToRevive
              sigpic

Comment

Very nice start to that fic!
                No Sam w/o a Jack and no Jack w/o a Sam.
                It's like and immutable law of the multiverse.

Comment

Hi Shippers! I've decided to give Youtube another try with my older videos. I've created a second channel and call it my "archive" just because I'm paranoid about these older ones getting strikes. I'm going to upload one video per day if possible. It'll take me about a month to get it done.

Here's the channel link: UhSir's Archived Music Videos

Which means my very first video is finally back online! Yikes!

Comment

Originally posted by UhSir View Post
                    Hi Shippers! I've decided to give Youtube another try with my older videos. I've created a second channel and call it my "archive" just because I'm paranoid about these older ones getting strikes. I'm going to upload one video per day if possible. It'll take me about a month to get it done.

If you wanted to you could always upload them zipped or unzipped on https://www.mediafire.com/. It's where I put mine as I only put them on YouTube these days if I use music from http://www.smartsound.com/.

Signs by Scifan and me. | My Forum - Planet TV Role Play | My Fan Fiction | My Mini City - Rygel City

Comment

Originally posted by planet_tv View Post
                      If you wanted to you could always upload them zipped or unzipped on https://www.mediafire.com/. It's where I put mine as I only put them on YouTube these days if I use music from http://www.smartsound.com/.
                      Yep, I've been doing that for eleven years. I don't mention it at youtube because I don't want the takedown patrol to find out. I have links to all options at my dreamwidth journal page. As I work through this project I'll be checking and fixing links. I still have to update my Tripod index to redirect there. I migrated over from LiveJournal a few months ago.

Edited to add:
                      Nevermind. I fixed those links a few months ago.
                      Last edited by UhSir; 16 March 2018, 07:45 PM.

Comment

So I got a strike on an upload but because of it I found out that youtube has a page where you can check if a song is not allowed. So here's the plan... Any of those are going to go up on my Vimeo page but viewing will require a link and the password. All of that will be on each video's dreamwidth page.
                        Last edited by UhSir; 18 March 2018, 06:57 AM. Reason: add youtube link

Comment

Originally posted by samjackshipper93 View Post
                          i love it!!!!!!!!!!!
                          sigpic
                          sig by Ikorni

"When Colonel Maybourne and yourself were stranded off world, Major Carter felt a similar sense of frustration. She despaired at the thought of never seeing you again." ~Teal'c
                          "I didn't leave,because I'd have rather died myself,than lose Carter." ~Jack O'Neill

SaraBahama FanFic; AO3

Comment

Originally posted by bluebari View Post
                            So I rewatched A Hundred Days <snip>He starts a relationship with Laira but it's clear that his heart is not in it, he is settling. And maybe Sam settling for Pete in season 8 is quite a similar case.
                            Very intelligent thought process, and nice way to jump-start a discussion!

I think (the writer intended) that he was settling -he has lost all hope of returning to Earth, and is taking the path that has opened up to him. Personally, I have a hard time accepting that he could get to that point in 3 months, and had not spent every day (and likely employed other survivors to help him) digging out the gate. I know the argument is he didn't even know it survived the impact, but I believe he would have continued until dug deep enough to be sure it wasn't buried.
                            I do believe that if a year passed with no sign of rescue (and 12 feet down the 'gate search hole...or hitting bedrock with no sign of the gate), he might have begun to settle into the community by increments. I think it would have taken even longer than that for him to get into an involved relationship with Laira -and a real struggle (on screen) with the idea of becoming a father. I think the writer gave it too short a time lapse.
                            I don't like how he treated Sam at the end, but it adds to the characterization: he think's he's found a peaceful life, but the rescue cuts that off abruptly, and he's self-focusing. He's wrapped up in his own convoluted feelings for the life he lost and the life he just found...only to lose it, too. I would have preferred to see a scene later where someone shows him the device Sam created to rescue him and he finds out what lengths she went to, and a connection between them over it. I started a fic of that, but lost it in my last computer crash, sadly.

Originally posted by RadicalDreamer View Post
                            The first answer I have is that the episode was written by a newcomer writer. A woman too (quite a rarity back then). I get the feeling the episode may have been written with lacking knowledge of Jack's history (making Jack agree to a baby so quickly without making him mention his dead son to Laira... I felt like it was kind of weird... <snip>
                            I'm not sure he was mad at his team. For what ? They didn't intend to leave him behind. It was accidental. I'm not sure what to think about his feelings about Sam in this episode though ? What was he truly feeling for her before this episode ? Just attraction + friendship ? But what were his feelings during Point of View (a previous episode) when he found out altSam was married to him (and happy before he died) ? Did he know he was falling in love already ? If so, what does it mean that he naturally fell for another woman just like that off world ?

Does it mean he locked his feelings for Sam deep inside because they were considered inappropriate ? Or/and because he thought she didn't return his feelings and would consider them creepy if she knew ? Or does it mean his feelings for Sam weren't that strong when he fell for Laira ? Then they returned when he came back (ending the thing with Laira) and resumed developing ? I wish we knew more about Jack's character and how he canonly feels about the people in his life. I feel like there are things we don't know. Like, did he ever consider going back to Sara after season 1 ? Like Sam asked in season 7, did they ever talk again ? Has he forgotten about Laira and the possible kid ? What are his thoughts about his feelings for Sam (Did their age difference ever bother him ? Did he ever doubt about the nature of his feelings ? Did he truly not care about her sciency talks... considering he was into astronomy ? Was his later behavior canonly influenced by the dramatic events of Entity ? Him directly killing her with a weapon, summoning guilty feelings at the time, similar to when his son died ? Did he ever feel like he was projecting his ex-wife on her at first ? Was he angry at her moving on (with Pete) but was refusing to show it ? Does he consider himself to be like Cassie's father (with Sam and Janet as the mother figures) ? What did he bloody mean in Affinity ? How does he feel about the long distance thing post season 8 (must be hard, frankly... then again, the show did its hardest to completely ignore Sam/Jack was a thing at this point) ? How was his family and why did he never talk about them (i mean parents, siblings... not what we already know about his ex wife and lost son) ? Sam is a bit less mysterious considering episodes like Grace.
                            Wow! That made my head hurt a bit...but you perfectly express the emotional upheaval of the entire S/J relationship over the series, and I also believe that TPTB wanted it that way -it's an effective tool to keep fans watching and keep ratings up. I just wish they had given us confirmation at the end of S8, since RDA was leaving anyway...I just don't think they knew how to pull it off without offending the Air Force because of the Regs (many of our fanfic writers have done a great job of figuring out how they could pull it off without breaking regs...).

Your last comment (I highlighted in red): Jack was always more transparent in his attraction to Sam for me. Sam's feelings were always a mystery to me until Grace! Prior to that, I kept wondering if all Sam felt for him was respect & friendship, and Jack had this affection that he couldn't ever express. Grace made Sam's feelings totally unambiguous to me. *squeeee*

Originally posted by dipsofjazz View Post
                            Exactly! Jack giving up so easily is completely out of character for him. I can't stand this episode mainly because of the way Jack is written. He is awful to Sam, and settles after three months, when he knows that his team will look for other ways to save him. <snip>
                            ^^THIS
                            **I do like the parts where Sam works to save him, is questioned by Janet, and even a bit of the tension at Jack's lack of enthusiasm at the end. I would have liked it more if there had been a scene resolving the tension that was created (him appreciating her work and them having a typical "moment").

Originally posted by Everlovin View Post
                            I'm going to stir the pot. But prior to this week, I truly had no opinion on the matter.

It was Jolinar.

Doing a rewatch and there's a few lines that have convinced me of this.
                            1) You are definitely stirring the pot!
                            2) IT WAS JOLINAR!!

LOL

Originally posted by trinity3 View Post
                            OMg! This brings back so many memories of getting on this thread and being mesmerized by this gif. Thanks Everlovin and you wonderful shippers ?
                            TRIN!!!! *attack squishy-cuddle-huggles*

Originally posted by SamJackShipper93 View Post
                            Oh ... my ... goodness ...

I don't want to get my hopes up... I can't get my hopes up...

https://twitter.com/Jenniesapetal/st...84076505141255

But I have hope.
                            YES PLEASE!!!!!!!!!!!

Originally posted by UhSir View Post

Which means my very first video is finally back online! Yikes!
                            https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U3bbEqe8mZM
                            AWESOME. I will have to partake on my kindle, as my desktop's sound card broke ages ago.
                            sigpic
                            sig by Ikorni

"When Colonel Maybourne and yourself were stranded off world, Major Carter felt a similar sense of frustration. She despaired at the thought of never seeing you again." ~Teal'c
                            "I didn't leave,because I'd have rather died myself,than lose Carter." ~Jack O'Neill

SaraBahama FanFic; AO3

Comment

For hedwig:

...not new, but still heartfelt...

(huggles!!!!!!!!!!!)
                              sigpic
                              sig by Ikorni

SaraBahama FanFic; AO3

Comment

Originally posted by SaraBahama View Post
                                For hedwig:

...not new, but still heartfelt...

[ATTACH=CONFIG]42598[/ATTACH]

(huggles!!!!!!!!!!!)
                                Sadly ( ) the attachment isn't there. (heavy sigh) Message says "Invalid attachment".

Comment

Working...
                                X