Sam Carter /Jack O'Neill Ship Appreciation Thread 2.0

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by planet_tv View Post

No, I don't think Gateworld is going anywhere. In summer of 2011 Gateworld did a server move, and after the move, Gateworld was inaccessible to me for about 3 week, maybe a month, and I had to miss Ship Day that year. I don't know when the actual date was that it was all good, and I could access the site again, I just did a check one day, it was all good, so whatever behind the scenes stuff caused the issue must have corrected itself. I was just thinking of situations like that or similar, but those are rare, so my suggestion/idea should remain just that, a suggestion/idea and nothing more.
    It is rare for GW to be down, but it has unfortunately happened on some of the shipper holidays, just as Twitter sometimes have a breakdown.
    I'm still not completely sure what it is you would like us to put on a secondary social media? The works shared on Twitter can be found directly on AO3/FFnet/others and in the holiday thread, so if Twitter blocks people without an account, it'll be the comments/chat, that will be missed.

Comment

Originally posted by Samantha-Carter-is-my-muse View Post

It is rare for GW to be down, but it has unfortunately happened on some of the shipper holidays, just as Twitter sometimes have a breakdown.
      I'm still not completely sure what it is you would like us to put on a secondary social media? The works shared on Twitter can be found directly on AO3/FFnet/others and in the holiday thread, so if Twitter blocks people without an account, it'll be the comments/chat, that will be missed.
      I was looking at the last post of the Shipmas thread from 2022, which was the list (Art, Videos, etc.) post. Some of the links in the Art category were links to tweets where shippers shared artwork. As of right now, when I click on one of those links, all I get is the Something went wrong. Try reloading message and reloading does nothing. I was thinking anything in that list (Art, Videos, etc.) post where the links were to Twitter, maybe those tweets could be embed in a Tumblr post or something like that, and a link to that put in the list post. This way the tweets are easily viewable without having to go to Twitter, and any shippers who are not on Twitter would still get to see that stuff (art, videos, etc.) that gets shared on Twitter. This does not apply to fan fiction as I know those are almost always links to Fan Fiction . net, Archive of Our Own, etc.

Signs by Scifan and me. | My Forum - Planet TV Role Play | My Fan Fiction | My Mini City - Rygel City

Comment

Right now viewing ANY tweet requires one to be logged in to twitter.
        No Sam w/o a Jack and no Jack w/o a Sam.
        It's like and immutable law of the multiverse.

Comment

Originally posted by iiradned View Post
          Right now viewing ANY tweet requires one to be logged in to twitter.
          Well I'm still able to see embedded tweets, so that's why I suggested the embedded tweet suggestion.

Signs by Scifan and me. | My Forum - Planet TV Role Play | My Fan Fiction | My Mini City - Rygel City

Comment

I'm sorry, I was at LFCC and had forgotten about this thread.
            There isn't much we can do when artists choose to post on Twitter only, because we can't repost art.
            Some artists might choose other social media now that Twitter (or X) isn't as popular and we'll try and monitor Instagram/tumblr as well in order to add art posted there to the master list.
            Also the artists are welcome to share their art directly in the holiday thread, but it's not an option used by many.

Comment

The Ship Day thread is open.
              Test

Test

Comment

It's that time of the year again!

Sam & Jack Shipmas December 9 2023

Comment

Happy Thanksgiving to my American Shippy Friends!

I didn't have a chance to write anything new for Thanksgiving, per se, but I did write a new SUPER ANGSTY Halloween fic. Also, I got attacked by a plot bunny for a silly, kinda tawdry little one-shot. So? Here they are. Reading material for when you're stuffed with turkey, mashed potatoes, and too much pie. (And have had way too much of **certain** relatives. lol.)

Masks and Mazes

Flannel Nightgown and Other Strategic Conundrums

sigpic
                  My Stories: FFdotNet
                  My Stories AO3
                  Thanks, Oma, for the Sig!

Comment

Shipmas Thread is open!!

Comment

Working...
                    X