Sam Carter /Jack O'Neill Ship Appreciation Thread 2.0

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by DAC View Post
    I had quite contrary experience. Last week I saw on TV last episode. It was so sad. No RDA, no Jack and Sam, but more painful was, there was not any mention of Jack. Not a word.
    I agree with you. It was a sad episode for me as well. Especially when Sam had to live whole her life without Jack. Plus they didn't mention him at all. It was the last episode and they didn't mention him. It is a crime

Comment

Originally posted by Nefer View Post
      Oh, I wasn‘t aware that the scene in the briefing room is also longer, I only knew about the implantation nudity (I really don‘t mind nudity but that that was too gratuitous to be anything but objectifying and felt super out of place). So I watched the longer version. What exactly was cut from the briefing room scene?
      The part about being referred to as captain vs. doctor, her reproductive organs are on the outside, and I think the bit about her playing with dolls. I don't mind the edits except for the captain vs. doctor bit as it becomes somewhat of a humorous, ongoing joke when Dr. Jackson appears. There's also some missing dialogue between Jack and Carter right before they enter the wormhole.
      I actually don't mind the longer scene at all. As for „chip on her shoulder", honestly, there is no way she has not been through some pretty awful sexist nonsense, performing this highly in two male-dominated fields (science and combat military), and looking the way she does to boot. Ferretti and Kowalsky’s retorts (through still very good-natured in comparison to what I could imagine she has encountered) to me are not just reactions to her coming on strong, it’s probably the kind of banter she is used to navigating all the time. I mean, if we go by realistic timeline, she must have been one of the first/few female pilots and that can’t have been all smooth sailing. In my mind, her "attack" tactic here is a realistic (if not entirely ideal) attempt of dealing with such a situation. Yes, she is coming on strong, in a way she never did again. But, she’s new to this command, has no idea what to expect from her new CO, and tries to immediately assert herself (as she knows she has to). She wouldn’t know Jack would would so open about her when she came into that briefing room. So, I actually really like the scene (minus the fact that it's super unrealistic lol).
      Yes, I doubt she would have gotten that far in reality.
      I continued with „Emancipation“ and I’m really of two minds here. On the one hand I love feminist topics, and I did like that they had an episode where it mattered that she was woman and that negotiated some of these issues (it would probably have been the case more often, realistically, considered how patriarchal the universe seems to be). But the episode just did not age well at all. I find it very problematic. And Sam was so naive in it omg!

But, at least we do get some flirty S/J interaction out of it ("Samantha!") and what is probably Teal'c's best line ever: "What is an Oprah?".
      I do love how Jack continues to be so supportive of her and the whole team from the start. Who wouldn‘t immediately have a crush on him?
      I don't mind this episode. It's entertaining, but you are right. It has not aged well at all. However, it is one of a handful of episodes where Jack and Carter could openly flirt and admire each other without the angst.

I've always wondered if Carter was assaulted by the guy...can't remember his name. She gets in trouble because she tried to run away and then the next scene shows her looking glum and wearing a different outfit. I doubt the showrunners would want to imply she was raped, but it sure seemed like that was the implication.

The fight scene at the end was somewhat clunky, but I liked the look of concern on Jack's face once he realized it was a fight to the death.

Comment

Originally posted by AmFor View Post
        I agree with you. It was a sad episode for me as well. Especially when Sam had to live whole her life without Jack. Plus they didn't mention him at all. It was the last episode and they didn't mention him. It is a crime
        I haven't seen this episode yet. When SG1 returned in Season 9 without RDA and AT (for awhile), I immediately turned it off. I tried to watch Season 9 after a while but just couldn't stomach BB being RDA. That said, I've heard that some fans think that when General Landry was talking to Carter about not giving up, he was referring to her relationship with Jack. Does that make any sense?

Comment

Originally posted by samfalstaff View Post
          I haven't seen this episode yet. When SG1 returned in Season 9 without RDA and AT (for awhile), I immediately turned it off. I tried to watch Season 9 after a while but just couldn't stomach BB being RDA. That said, I've heard that some fans think that when General Landry was talking to Carter about not giving up, he was referring to her relationship with Jack. Does that make any sense?
          I am really not sure if he meant that. It would be nice for us-shippers, but maybe sometimes we want to see Sam/Jack topic in everything I would think he was referring to her work and possibility to get out of the ship. But who knows?

Comment

I am really not sure if he meant that. It would be nice for us-shippers, but maybe sometimes we want to see Sam/Jack topic in everything I would think he was referring to her work and possibility to get out of the ship. But who knows?
            Yes, I certainly suffer from this.

Comment

Originally posted by samfalstaff View Post
              Yes, I certainly suffer from this.
              Don't worry, many of us

Comment

Don't worry, many of us
                I'm in good company then.

Comment

The Sam & Jack Shipmas celebration will this year take place on December 19

We invite artists, vidders, writers and your shippy muses to find inspiration on this list of prompts:

1. Desire
                  2. Decorating
                  3. "Is that my scarf?"
                  4. Christmas shopping
                  5. "We need a bigger tree!"
                  6. Christmas Day on PWP-3XS
                  7. "How many candy canes have you eaten?"
                  8. Sam's first holiday with Jack's extended family
                  9. Jack's first Christmas holiday with Mark and family
                  10. Christmas on Atlantis during Sam's year in command

Do as many of the prompts as you like. All formats are welcome as long as the content is shippy.

On Shipmas, December 19, post your work on your preferred archive and share a link on the master list in the Shipmas thread here on GateWorld Forum. If you're on Twitter, join us at #samjackshipmas

Comment

I don't think I will have anything for Shipmas. I am working on a fic that will have some Sam and Jack in it, but I have to watch some more Stargate, SG-1 and SGA, before I can write anymore fan fic. I would do a preview, but I have to finish typing up A Leap to Atlantis and then edit it before that can happen.

Just out of curiosity, was the date chosen on social media?

Signs by Scifan and me. | My Forum - Planet TV Role Play | My Fan Fiction | My Mini City - Rygel City

Comment

Sharing old stuff is perfectly fine since new shippers have joined the fandom recently

The date was decided by itsjustmejac, iiradned and I. We took into consideration that there needed to be time for creators to make new content, it couldn't be the Saturday between Christmas and New Year's Eve, and we had to be free to participate in gathering and sharing links on here and Twitter. We know from Ship Day that some authors aren't on social media or GW, so we search AO3/ffnet for Shipmas related tags in an attempt to get as much added to the Shipmas thread's master list as possible.

Comment

Originally posted by Samantha-Carter-is-my-muse View Post
                        Sharing old stuff is perfectly fine since new shippers have joined the fandom recently

The date was decided by itsjustmejac, iiradned and I. We took into consideration that there needed to be time for creators to make new content, it couldn't be the Saturday between Christmas and New Year's Eve, and we had to be free to participate in gathering and sharing links on here and Twitter. We know from Ship Day that some authors aren't on social media or GW, so we search AO3/ffnet for Shipmas related tags in an attempt to get as much added to the Shipmas thread's master list as possible.
                        Thanks for the reply. When comes to Shipmas, I will consider you three the behind the scenes creative Shipmas team and I think that is a good way to choose the date.

Signs by Scifan and me. | My Forum - Planet TV Role Play | My Fan Fiction | My Mini City - Rygel City

Comment

Originally posted by planet_tv View Post
                          Thanks for the reply. When comes to Shipmas, I will consider you three the behind the scenes creative Shipmas team and I think that is a good way to choose the date.
                          Thank you

Comment

If anyone is stuck trying to come up with something for Shipmas, then maybe these two songs that have just been added to the song list might help:

The Other Side by Ruelle

and

Promise Me Love by Reba McEntire

The song list is now up to 603 songs and I still have a bunch that I need to test just for Sam and Jack, as they have already been tested for John/Teyla (SGA).

Comment

Shipmas this Saturday - I hope many shippers will come by and say hi

Comment

Originally posted by Samantha-Carter-is-my-muse View Post
                                Shipmas this Saturday - I hope many shippers will come by and say hi
                                I am looking forward to it

Comment

Working...
                                X