No announcement yet.

Sam Carter /Jack O'Neill Ship Appreciation Thread 2.0

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hello all! Long time, no see. I finally got my hind end in gear and (changed my password) checked in. Hope all is well for every one and I'm looking forward to poking my head in more often!
    Visit me all over the place! FFN | AO3 | My Website |Twitter |Tumblr

Comment

Originally posted by Nefer View Post
      Hi folks! It's been literally ages since I've posted on here (over 6 years), but I suddenly felt nostalgic with the news from San Diego and such, so I thought I'd visit here. Still remembered my password and everything!). Of course I went directly to my favourite thread, and then I read your post, Katha.

Just wanted to say: same! I started watching the show as a young teen in the early 2000s on TV, and I did so because I had a thing for MacGyver, so .. you can put two and two together . Anyhow, I fell in love with the story, with Sam, Jack and Daniel specifically and everyone else. I had always had an interest in space and archeology (particularly ancient Egypt!), do this had everything and it was the first real "adult" sci-fi universe I got into. I immediately started shipping Sam/Jack, bought magazines that had interviews with cast and crew, where I also read about fanfiction for the first time and of course the first ff I read was S/J (downloaded and saved to a diskette drive at the library because we didn't have the internet). My first DVDs were Stargate (those that only had 4 eps each and were still like 20 bucks a piece lol) and I watched those few I had over and over (learned a lot of English that way).

I've since joined and exited fandoms at a rate of about 2 a year, had an endless number of actor crushes and have shipped tons of ships. I haven't watched an episode in years, but I still know all the important things, particularly those S/J relevant. S/J and Stargate will always have a special place in my heart, and I regularly check out some fan fiction when I feel like it. It's the only ship I really enjoy reading about.

So no, you're definitely not alone!
      I just wanted to check by because I finished with season 6 yesterday and now turn to season 7. Aaand...well, yeah, I got a really deep relapse (can I use this word in that case?) for Jack and Sam. Read a lot of FF this time. Because I just want to.
      So, just wanted to say, that I've read your answer today.
      And yeah, I'm glad you feel the same.

I never had a thing for MacGyver, but really, so damn much for Jack O'Neill (and of course RDA when he turned the 40 )
      These days I'm deeply in love with him again. Damn FFs and damn, why does he look that handsome?

Sometimes I'm daydreaming that I'm a member of the SGC to. And I'm 30. Heck, that's embarrassing.
      Better means, BETTER, STRONGER, FASTER

Comment

Originally posted by KathaGermany View Post
        I just wanted to check by because I finished with season 6 yesterday and now turn to season 7. Aaand...well, yeah, I got a really deep relapse (can I use this word in that case?) for Jack and Sam. Read a lot of FF this time. Because I just want to.
        So, just wanted to say, that I've read your answer today.
        And yeah, I'm glad you feel the same.

I never had a thing for MacGyver, but really, so damn much for Jack O'Neill (and of course RDA when he turned the 40 )
        These days I'm deeply in love with him again. Damn FFs and damn, why does he look that handsome?

Sometimes I'm daydreaming that I'm a member of the SGC to. And I'm 30. Heck, that's embarrassing.
        Nope. Not embarrassing. Just an indication of a devoted fan. And apparently there are still many, many fans left even so long after the show left the air.

I'm (*cough*) 71, and I have all the books, a couple of t-shirts, a baseball cap with "SG-1" on it, and other assorted keepsakes. So don't feel embarrassed. I refuse to and so should you.

Comment

Halloween themed art:

Comment

Originally posted by Samantha-Carter-is-my-muse View Post
            Halloween themed art:

This one's really great. Love their expression

Comment

Thank you.
              sigpicI love the Lord my God with all my heart!!!!http://www.geocities.com/Lessien2002 Save stargate sg1!!!! Let us shippers have a good resolution please!!!! My fanfiction http://www.fanfiction.net/u/1023184/- there's more to come!
              My GW fanfiction-http://www.gateworld.net/fanfic/arch...ogetherat.html
              http://www.fanfiction.net/c2/37559/3/0/1/-the c2 community sam/jack relationship community.
              http://www.petitiononline.com/P3X595/petition.html
              Now is the time for us to shine, to shine with the power of Christ Divine! The Lord has promised us revival and it WILL come!

Comment

Our ship.

sigpic
                The Return of King Arthur
                Trust in the Lord with all your heart; lean not on your own understanding. In all of ways
                acknowledge him, and he'll make your path straight. Proverbs 3:5-6

Comment

How old ist this picture?

Comment

I think it was taken at whichever con this last week or two. I've seen lots of con pics with Amanda having that same hair cut
                    sigpic

Click here daily to give free mammograms

It is better to be crazy for Jesus than a wise man for Satan. Laters, Misi

Comment

It's from 4 days ago. They're in Australia for a con. It's on her Instagram, and there's another pic later that day. I've also seen a couple more on Twitter.
                      Unmade Plans (WIP: 11/20):
                      Sam's life takes a turn in an unexpected direction when she's faced with an unplanned pregnancy. The decision to keep the baby and raise it on her own will alter her life forever. Relationships are put to the test, especially the one between her and Jack. She doesn't know what to expect from him and he surprises her at every turn.
                      On FFnet or AO3

My S/J fics can be found on FFnet and AO3. I also tweet and tumble about the ship and my writing/stories.

Comment

The con is Return to the Gate.

There was a combined panel with RDA, Amanda, Michael Shanks, Corin Nemec, and Gary Jones, as well as solo panels for each.
                        No Sam w/o a Jack and no Jack w/o a Sam.
                        It's like and immutable law of the multiverse.

Comment

Ah wow, thought it's way older because of her haircut. Good news.
                          I don't have much information about "Return to the gate" because I'm really not interested in the new spin off, but it's very nice to know that the "old gang" is together.
                          Last edited by KathaGermany; 06 November 2017, 10:36 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by KathaGermany View Post
                            Ah wow, thought it's way older because of her haircut. Good news.
                            I don't have much information about "Return to the gate" because I'm really not interested in the new spin off, but it's very nice to know that the "old gang" is together.
                            Return to the Gate is a fan convention held in Australia last week.

The new spin-off is Stargate Origins and centered on a twenty-something (I'm guessing) Catherine Langford and the initial research efforts into the Stargate with her father leading them. From what was released in the promo videos it seems that the stargate is still in Egypt as one of the adversaries is Nazi Germany.
                            No Sam w/o a Jack and no Jack w/o a Sam.
                            It's like and immutable law of the multiverse.

Comment

Return to the gate is not only a convention, it's also a series of interviews which are published in social media.
                              But I thought it's all about the new spin off and because of that I didn't and I still don't trace the news that much.

Comment

Here's another the other picture of AT and RDA from that con (link found AT's twitter): https://www.instagram.com/p/BbBsKmch472/

Signs by Scifan and me. | My Forum - Planet TV Role Play | My Fan Fiction | My Mini City - Rygel City

Comment

Working...
                                X