No announcement yet.

Sam Carter /Jack O'Neill Ship Appreciation Thread 2.0

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm watching the episode "Space Race" right at the moment and just want to cheer at the scene as Jack touched Sam's shoulder, at first encouraging and then really caring and comforting.
    Never seen it like this. I know you all know it but I'm just so happy at the moment. it was just so sweet.
    Better means, BETTER, STRONGER, FASTER

Comment

I was just wondering when we were going to start voting on a day for the Shipmas.

Signs by Scifan and me. | My Forum - Planet TV Role Play | My Fan Fiction | My Mini City - Rygel City

Comment

Cast your vote!

December 2

December 9

December 16 (1)

December 23

December 30
        sigpic
        The Return of King Arthur
        Trust in the Lord with all your heart; lean not on your own understanding. In all of ways
        acknowledge him, and he'll make your path straight. Proverbs 3:5-6

Comment

Cast your vote for Shipmas!

December 2

December 9

December 16 (2)

December 23

December 30
          sigpic

Comment

December 2

December 9

December 16 (3)

December 23

December 30

Signs by Scifan and me. | My Forum - Planet TV Role Play | My Fan Fiction | My Mini City - Rygel City

Comment

December 2

December 9

December 16 (4)

December 23

December 30
              No Sam w/o a Jack and no Jack w/o a Sam.
              It's like and immutable law of the multiverse.

Comment

Glad to see I'm not the only one thinking of shipmas! I've started a new fanfic looking at snapshots of our favourite people around Christmases. You can find it here:
                https://www.fanfiction.net/s/1274524...ough-the-years

Yes, it involves mistletoe but it's unrelated to my other two mistletoe one-shots. What can I say? The thing really inspires me ;p
                Chapters to pop up every couple of days or so 'til Shipmas
                + = It's a simple mathematical fact
                And so is...penguins+conformation=HAPPY CAMPERS

Comment

December 2

December 9

December 16 (4)

December 23

December 30 (1)

I'm away on my delayed summer vacation on the 16th

Comment

I can make the art for this Shipmas, I'll put December 16th on it.

Comment

Originally posted by Samantha-Carter-is-my-muse View Post
                      I can make the art for this Shipmas, I'll put December 16th on it.
                      Thank you, SCIMM!! Much appreciated!
                      sigpic
                      Trust in the Lord with all your heart; lean not on your own understanding. In all of ways

Comment

Here you go:

High res version

Sorry I can't be there, but I'm away on vacation. Have fun

Comment

Maybe this year I'll be able to experience shipmas live! What does that really entail, though? I won't have time to prepare anything. Are we just hanging out in the thread?

Anyway, I've got a little (retro) fic rec for you. You probably know these stories, as they're quite old, but I've been rereading them and I still find them so excellent. They're the stories by Sally Reeve and you can find them here

http://www.samandjack.net/fanfics/vi...=470&offset=25

I've never read better UST before or after this, and I really enjoyed procrastinating whole days with these recently (although I always feel bad afterwords for not having done any work instead). My particular recommendations are "Moving On" and "Future Imperfect", as they are epically long, although most of them are excellent. Just lots of stomach twisting UST and some terrible misunderstandings I love it!

Gee, I still remember when this thread was so active that I could hardly keep up with reading all the posts, and now it's so quiet. But I'm so happy, that it's even still alive!
                          sigpic

(I don’t know who made this gif but I’ve always loved this lil guy since I started hanging out here on GW back in the day. Happy to give credit!)

Comment

Good to know that there's a site that still has many old stories. I saved all of Sally's stories and many others, so I can read them any time I want without having to look for them on the web. I believe she is the person who is in charge of the "Stargate Novels" site, and has written a bunch of the books for them. And hers are among the very best of those novels.

Comment

Originally posted by hedwig View Post
                              Good to know that there's a site that still has many old stories. I saved all of Sally's stories and many others, so I can read them any time I want without having to look for them on the web. I believe she is the person who is in charge of the "Stargate Novels" site, and has written a bunch of the books for them. And hers are among the very best of those novels.
                              Sally Reeve is indeed Sally Malcolm who runs and writes for Stargate Novels, and yes, she's a wonderful writer! In case you're interested, look up Salr323 on Archive of Our Own. Those are her newer fanfics, and they are wonderful as well! There's one fanfic that comes to mind where Sam marries Pete (obviously, that's not a fanfic that everyone will want to read) but I remember it as being such a good exploration of Sam and Jack (and Pete and Kerry as well).
                              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by SamJackShipper93 View Post
                                Sally Reeve is indeed Sally Malcolm who runs and writes for Stargate Novels, and yes, she's a wonderful writer! In case you're interested, look up Salr323 on Archive of Our Own. Those are her newer fanfics, and they are wonderful as well! There's one fanfic that comes to mind where Sam marries Pete (obviously, that's not a fanfic that everyone will want to read) but I remember it as being such a good exploration of Sam and Jack (and Pete and Kerry as well).
                                Really??? Omg, you've made my Christmas. I'll check that out immediately. I thought she'd just stopped writing. Clearly, I was never as deep into the fandom as I could have been. But this is really great news. Thank you so much, I'm so glad I made this post, I guess I would have never found that out otherwise
                                sigpic

(I don’t know who made this gif but I’ve always loved this lil guy since I started hanging out here on GW back in the day. Happy to give credit!)

Comment

Working...
                                X