Page 3113 of 3117 FirstFirst ... 211326133013306331033110311131123113311431153116 ... LastLast
Results 62,241 to 62,260 of 62333
  1. #62241
    Chief Master Sergeant RadicalDreamer's Avatar
    Member Since
    Apr 2014
    Location
    France
    Posts
    199

    Default Re: Sam Carter /Jack O'Neill Ship Appreciation Thread 2.0

    Quote Originally Posted by UhSir View Post
    I doubt this one is it but in "The Enemy Within" when Kawalsky and Carter are in the elevator and he throws her into the wall, Amanda Tapping hit her head for real. In the beginning of a later briefing room scene Sam and Jack are sitting next to each other and Jack touches her arm and says something, inaudible, and Sam smiles. From what I've read, that's unscripted Rick checking on Amanda.

    Maybe this one? There has been occasional discussion about what really happened between "Nemesis" and "Small Victories" inspired by the way Sam and Jack are acting when they first get back and are answering Hammond's questions.
    They left you behind?
    We (looks to ) were fine, sir.
    I'd be happy to debrief you all after I've debriefed myself for a nice hot shower.
    Permission to shower granted. In fact, I insist on it, Colonel.

    smilie by Mala
    I don’t think it was about the early series. At least after season 4. And possibly during a mission (and not a long period of time, so not the weeks that passed off screen between Nemesis and Small Victories) I keep thinking it was about that one time when they almost drown in the ship.

    What i’ve read/heard is that RDA/AT intentionally intended for a kiss to have happened between their characters off screen in one episode... and that’s why they played a scene that was on screen a particular way (maybe Sam and Jack looking at each other funny or something... dunno).

    Maybe it was just a rumor. Because I’ve read it on this thread a long time ago and since then... nothing. So who knows where the information was from. An interview ? An episode commentary (there are so many but i don’t own all the DVDs and the ones I have don’t have any commentary). A question asked in a con (which would be impossible to check... unless someone asked Amanda) ? Or just a shipper wishful thinking I mistook for real information...

    It’s quite frustrating. Like a song you can’t remember the title. But... oh well... in the end, even if it’s true, it’s just subtext that can easily be ignored if one isn’t a shipper. Like Sam and Teal’c being a thing in Unending.

  2. #62242
    Lieutenant Colonel UhSir's Avatar
    Member Since
    Mar 2005
    Location
    Hooterville, USA
    Posts
    3,515

    Default Re: Sam Carter /Jack O'Neill Ship Appreciation Thread 2.0

    Quote Originally Posted by RadicalDreamer View Post
    I don’t think it was about the early series. At least after season 4. And possibly during a mission (and not a long period of time, so not the weeks that passed off screen between Nemesis and Small Victories) I keep thinking it was about that one time when they almost drown in the ship.

    What i’ve read/heard is that RDA/AT intentionally intended for a kiss to have happened between their characters off screen in one episode... and that’s why they played a scene that was on screen a particular way (maybe Sam and Jack looking at each other funny or something... dunno).

    {snipped}
    Maybe the fishing scene in Moebius? The difference between that and the one in Threads, most notably the way Jack was sitting, there might have been a discussion here or a question at convention. By that time Amanda had done a complete 180 about how she played Sam with respect to Jack.

  3. #62243
    Probie Elwenn's Avatar
    Member Since
    Feb 2019
    Location
    France
    Posts
    14

    Default Re: Sam Carter /Jack O'Neill Ship Appreciation Thread 2.0

    That would make sense.
    And thank you for all the links, I haven't read everything, that would require a few time-loops.

  4. #62244
    Staff Sergeant
    Member Since
    Jul 2013
    Posts
    93

    Default Re: Sam Carter /Jack O'Neill Ship Appreciation Thread 2.0

    Quote Originally Posted by UhSir View Post
    This is a list of the threads here at GW about Sam and Jack. These are just the ones I'm keeping track of. There are more out there but they don't have any unique info. In other words, someone started the thread and then was redirected to an existing one.
    ...
    Thank you for posting this awesome list! Sometimes I go back in this main thread and enjoy the old posts, but there is so much more to explore out here!

  5. #62245
    Staff Sergeant
    Member Since
    Jul 2013
    Posts
    93

    Default Re: Sam Carter /Jack O'Neill Ship Appreciation Thread 2.0

    Quote Originally Posted by UhSir View Post
    I don't think Teal'c fails them. I think it's two things. One, he's from a very different culture. He's been thrown into our world's many cultures, meanwhile being mostly secluded for the first years to our military culture. The guy has GOT to be confused! The other thing is even if he thought to talk to either, he probably wouldn't because it's not supposed to be happening. And if he still tried, they'd probably tell him they don't want to or can't discuss it.

    I don't think Teal'c would default to thinking that Jack did something wrong.

    As for "letting the Pete thing happen," Sam did a pretty good job of hiding that relationship. Everyone was probably just too shocked by her saying she was serious about him to argue with her.
    Yeah, I know, you guys are right when you say that Teal'c couldn't/wouldn't do anything ... it's just so frustrating, watching Sam (and later Jack, too) with someone else ... I watched Affinity the other day, and there was everything about it wrong - Pete proposing at a playground, with a hotdog in one hand ... then Sam saying yes during a mission, on a crime scene, with co-workers around, wth??

  6. #62246
    Staff Sergeant
    Member Since
    Jul 2013
    Posts
    93

    Default Re: Sam Carter /Jack O'Neill Ship Appreciation Thread 2.0

    Quote Originally Posted by UhSir View Post
    @planet_tv, I think the video isn't very good at all really. I was just thrilled about it having what I guess is the full love theme.

    And while I'm here I'll just drop a Sam/Jack pic. I'm working on getting all of my screencaps and pics uploaded to a new host.

    Pretty pic

  7. #62247
    Lieutenant Colonel UhSir's Avatar
    Member Since
    Mar 2005
    Location
    Hooterville, USA
    Posts
    3,515

    Default Re: Sam Carter /Jack O'Neill Ship Appreciation Thread 2.0

    Quote Originally Posted by bluebari View Post
    Pretty pic
    I found it while making a video. It's one of the blended images when a scene changes from one angle to another. I thought it was cool so I capped it.

    While you're browsing the other threads, if you find anything interesting maybe bring it up over here and we can chat about.


  8. #62248
    Probie Elwenn's Avatar
    Member Since
    Feb 2019
    Location
    France
    Posts
    14

    Default Re: Sam Carter /Jack O'Neill Ship Appreciation Thread 2.0

    I'm in the middle of series 6; the beginning of Sight Unseen was definitely frustrating:
    O’Neill: You could come with.
    Carter: Sir?
    O’Neill: Fishing, Carter. I’m going fishing.
    Carter: You know I’m planning on studying the artifact.
    O’Neill: Yes. It’s always something, isn’t it.
    Carter: Oh come on, sir. We both know the only you asked is because you knew I had something else to do.
    O’Neill: No, really, I think you should come. Fish. Fish some more…
    We're a few episodes away from Paradise Lost when she doesn't want to give hope, and is comforted by Teal'c, or before Metamorphosis.

    Anyway, I've been having a strange feeling of hot and cold so far. Maybe because RDA wasn't as present in 6 as in earlier series.
    Or maybe it was just for the sake of an inside joke.

  9. #62249
    Lieutenant Colonel UhSir's Avatar
    Member Since
    Mar 2005
    Location
    Hooterville, USA
    Posts
    3,515

    Default Re: Sam Carter /Jack O'Neill Ship Appreciation Thread 2.0

    Quote Originally Posted by Elwenn View Post
    {snipped}
    Anyway, I've been having a strange feeling of hot and cold so far. Maybe because RDA wasn't as present in 6 as in earlier series.
    Or maybe it was just for the sake of an inside joke.
    That was how the writers appeased both the shippers AND the non-shippers back then. We all could see it the way we wanted it to be.

  10. #62250
    Lieutenant Colonel UhSir's Avatar
    Member Since
    Mar 2005
    Location
    Hooterville, USA
    Posts
    3,515

    Default Re: Sam Carter /Jack O'Neill Ship Appreciation Thread 2.0

    Amanda and Richard will be Wales Comic Con!!

    https://www.gateworld.net/news/2019/...les-comic-con/

  11. #62251
    General sg-1fanintn's Avatar
    Member Since
    Mar 2005
    Location
    Tau'ri home world
    Posts
    27,322

    Default Re: Sam Carter /Jack O'Neill Ship Appreciation Thread 2.0

    Just dropping by to say hello, loves! + =

  12. #62252
    Probie Elwenn's Avatar
    Member Since
    Feb 2019
    Location
    France
    Posts
    14

    Sam Re: Sam Carter /Jack O'Neill Ship Appreciation Thread 2.0

    Quote Originally Posted by UhSir View Post
    That was how the writers appeased both the shippers AND the non-shippers back then. We all could see it the way we wanted it to be.
    That's what I thought but this particular bit felt really fake, more a running gag than an offer that could actually lead to something, contrary to the one in Nemesis that felt sincere--so I didn't find it appeasing for shippers. ^^ I'll see how it goes with Pete, then; I forgot about all this (it's been a good amount of years since I watched Stargate, I was feeling nostalgic).

    I don't mind, though, I understand the dilemma, and the impossibility to follow up on that in series 6 if there was to be series 7. But I admit rolling my eyes. Sam's tone when answering quite conveyed my feelings.

    Hello, sg-1fanintn!
    Last edited by Elwenn; March 10th, 2019 at 12:38 AM.

  13. #62253
    Staff Sergeant
    Member Since
    Jul 2013
    Posts
    93

    Default Re: Sam Carter /Jack O'Neill Ship Appreciation Thread 2.0

    Hi, fellow shippers

    Quote Originally Posted by Elwenn View Post
    That's what I thought but this particular bit felt really fake, more a running gag than an offer that could actually lead to something, contrary to the one in Nemesis that felt sincere-- ...
    To me, this particuar invitation feels like it is one of many that happened before that we didn't see on screen. Like they had this conversation many times, both agreed that it is not wise for them to go together, and here Sam is a little frustrated that she has to decline again. Like, why do you torture us both again, you know we cannot. Sir.


  14. #62254
    Lieutenant Colonel UhSir's Avatar
    Member Since
    Mar 2005
    Location
    Hooterville, USA
    Posts
    3,515

    Default Re: Sam Carter /Jack O'Neill Ship Appreciation Thread 2.0

    Quote Originally Posted by Elwenn View Post
    That's what I thought but this particular bit felt really fake, more a running gag than an offer that could actually lead to something, contrary to the one in Nemesis that felt sincere--so I didn't find it appeasing for shippers. ^^ I'll see how it goes with Pete, then; I forgot about all this (it's been a good amount of years since I watched Stargate, I was feeling nostalgic).
    Also at that time, Amanda was not keen on Sam and Jack as a couple.

  15. #62255
    Probie Vlinstry's Avatar
    Member Since
    Mar 2019
    Location
    Scotland
    Posts
    11

    Default Re: Sam Carter /Jack O'Neill Ship Appreciation Thread 2.0

    Hey Guys!

    I have been a Stargate fan since it started all those years ago and I still love it now. I just have never (for some reason) joined this forum. I have lingered on Gateworld for years but never actually been in the forums and I feel I have been missing out. I am very much looking forward to catching up on all the theories and chat!

    I adore Sam and Jack and used to write so much fanfiction about them, but recently I have been a little sidetracked and haven't done anything for a while and that makes me sad. I am really hoping to get back into it and I am hoping that this will be the perfect kick up the butt I need.

    Look forward to meeting you guys and hopefully taking part in some really good conversations!

    Vlinstry

  16. #62256
    Air Force Chief of Staff Everlovin's Avatar
    Member Since
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Dancing, singing, praising, and thanking!
    Posts
    36,539

    Default Re: Sam Carter /Jack O'Neill Ship Appreciation Thread 2.0



    Click here daily to give free mammograms

    It is better to be crazy for Jesus than a wise man for Satan. Laters, Misi

  17. #62257
    Staff Sergeant
    Member Since
    Jul 2013
    Posts
    93

    Default Re: Sam Carter /Jack O'Neill Ship Appreciation Thread 2.0

    Quote Originally Posted by UhSir View Post
    Also at that time, Amanda was not keen on Sam and Jack as a couple.
    Really? Why? I have always seen them as having great chemistry ...

  18. #62258
    Staff Sergeant
    Member Since
    Jul 2013
    Posts
    93

    Default Re: Sam Carter /Jack O'Neill Ship Appreciation Thread 2.0

    Quote Originally Posted by Vlinstry View Post
    Hey Guys!

    I have been a Stargate fan since it started all those years ago and I still love it now. I just have never (for some reason) joined this forum. I have lingered on Gateworld for years but never actually been in the forums and I feel I have been missing out. I am very much looking forward to catching up on all the theories and chat!

    I adore Sam and Jack and used to write so much fanfiction about them, but recently I have been a little sidetracked and haven't done anything for a while and that makes me sad. I am really hoping to get back into it and I am hoping that this will be the perfect kick up the butt I need.

    Look forward to meeting you guys and hopefully taking part in some really good conversations!

    Vlinstry
    Hi!
    Unlike you, I found SG-1 much later, only after it was already over and finished. So I can only imagine how rich discussions must have been here in this forum back then, when the episodes were freshly aired. From time to time, I like to go back to those old threads to soak in the fun :-)

  19. #62259
    Chief Master Sergeant RadicalDreamer's Avatar
    Member Since
    Apr 2014
    Location
    France
    Posts
    199

    Default Re: Sam Carter /Jack O'Neill Ship Appreciation Thread 2.0

    Quote Originally Posted by bluebari View Post
    Really? Why? I have always seen them as having great chemistry ...
    She was probably fearing her character would be demoted to the « main dude’s girlfriend » role. She had to fight a lot for her character and as a woman in the entertainment industry.

    But there’s also the involvement of the Air Force in the show. Their characters weren’t allowed to fraternize. AT was probably also worried her character would be viewed negatively if she had a forbidden relationship with her CO. It’s when RDA left the show that she became more relaxed and playful about S/J being in a relationship.

    She still said recently she doesn’t know if they would get married. To be fair, it didn’t matter for me for a long time as well. Maybe because both of my parents weren’t married for a long time while raising my sister and I. They ultimately did... but mainly for financial security. Now, I think it would be weird if S/J didn’t ultimately marry. But I think it would be understandable if it took them some more years to get there. After all, both of them did have unfortunate experience with marriage/engagement (be it their past SOs or even their alternate selves who died after getting engaged/married).

  20. #62260
    Lieutenant Colonel UhSir's Avatar
    Member Since
    Mar 2005
    Location
    Hooterville, USA
    Posts
    3,515

    Default Re: Sam Carter /Jack O'Neill Ship Appreciation Thread 2.0

    Quote Originally Posted by UhSir View Post
    Also at that time, Amanda was not keen on Sam and Jack as a couple.
    Quote Originally Posted by bluebari View Post
    Really? Why? I have always seen them as having great chemistry ...
    Quote Originally Posted by RadicalDreamer View Post
    She was probably fearing her character would be demoted to the « main dude’s girlfriend » role. She had to fight a lot for her character and as a woman in the entertainment industry.

    But there’s also the involvement of the Air Force in the show. Their characters weren’t allowed to fraternize. AT was probably also worried her character would be viewed negatively if she had a forbidden relationship with her CO. It’s when RDA left the show that she became more relaxed and playful about S/J being in a relationship.
    RadicalDreamor pegged it.

Page 3113 of 3117 FirstFirst ... 211326133013306331033110311131123113311431153116 ... LastLast

Tags for this Thread

Similar Threads

  1. Sam Carter/Jack O'Neill Ship Discussion Thread
    By auralan in forum SG-1 Characters & Relationships
    Replies: 8919
    Last Post: February 19th, 2016, 09:17 PM
  2. Sam Carter/Jack O'Neill Ship Appreciation Thread
    By majorsal in forum SG-1 Characters & Relationships
    Replies: 200115
    Last Post: February 24th, 2010, 09:25 PM
  3. Sam Carter/Jack O'Neill Ship Appreciation Thread
    By majorsal in forum SG-1 Characters & Relationships
    Replies: 14496
    Last Post: October 15th, 2005, 11:14 PM
  4. Sam Carter/Jack O'Neill Ship Appreciation Thread
    By majorsal in forum SG-1 Characters & Relationships
    Replies: 14236
    Last Post: October 10th, 2005, 06:40 AM
  5. Sam Carter/Jack O'Neill Ship Appreciation Thread
    By majorsal in forum SG-1 Characters & Relationships
    Replies: 14021
    Last Post: October 4th, 2005, 02:00 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •