Abnormals have changed?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Abnormals have changed?

Correct me if I'm wrong, but didn't they say in the first episode that abnormals had branched off from humanity? Now it seems like they are also animals as well. I have no problem with them hunting weird and rare animals, but I don't understand why they'd be abnormals if they were just animals.
    All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing-Edmund Burke

The question which once haunted my being has been answered. The future is not fixed, and my choices are my own... and yet, how ironic! For I now find, I have no choice at all! I am warrior... let the battle be joined.-Dinobot-Code of Hero

Don't blame me, I voted Cthulhu

Originally posted by jds1982 View Post
    Correct me if I'm wrong, but didn't they say in the first episode that abnormals had branched off from humanity? Now it seems like they are also animals as well. I have no problem with them hunting weird and rare animals, but I don't understand why they'd be abnormals if they were just animals.
    All of the five+ Henry are abnormals

Veritas:
    Spoiler:
    The telepath were human+abnormals

penance:
    Spoiler:
    And Michael Shanks's character in the next episode is an abnormal+human.

...there are abnormal animals and abnormal humans
    SANCTUARY ROCKS

Comment

I realize there are human abnormals, I thought I remembered them saying that all abnormals had branched off from humanity. That's obviously not the case with intelligent squids and bugs that make you crazy. I understood why abnormal humans had the label, and why they needed to be protected, because normal humans wouldn't accept them. I don't see why that label is applied to animals though. There are already a lot of weird animals in the world, I don't see why people couldn't accept a few more. Except in the case of really dangerous animals, like teddy bears that secrete VX gas.
      All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing-Edmund Burke

The question which once haunted my being has been answered. The future is not fixed, and my choices are my own... and yet, how ironic! For I now find, I have no choice at all! I am warrior... let the battle be joined.-Dinobot-Code of Hero

Don't blame me, I voted Cthulhu

Comment

Originally posted by jds1982
        I realize there are human abnormals, I thought I remembered them saying that all abnormals had branched off from humanity. That's obviously not the case with intelligent squids and bugs that make you crazy. I understood why abnormal humans had the label, and why they needed to be protected, because normal humans wouldn't accept them. I don't see why that label is applied to animals though. There are already a lot of weird animals in the world, I don't see why people couldn't accept a few more. Except in the case of really dangerous animals, like teddy bears that secrete VX gas.
        Some of these abnormal creatures are as smart as human's and given there abilities and how rare some are they need the same protection as the more human abnormal's .

Though these abnormal amimal's could be accepted by people other's such as the cabal would run constent testing on them wipeing out the species but if they are in the Sanctuary given there abilities they maybe allowed to wander around or if they are to dangerouis placed in the shu for not only there protection but our's as well .
        sigpic
        (''For all Eternity'') Ripperette,MultishipperAmanda=Angel Magnett,Teslan,Willen

Comment

I have to admit, the writers do seem to have changed the main premise of the show.

Along the lines of what I think the OP was implying, a large, monkeylike creature that somehow generated a telepathic image of a empty tree to protect itself from predators would be a unique creature, but if this was normal for it's species, it wouldn't be abnormal. If it was one particular "mutant" lemur, then it would be abnormal, as most lemurs don't have that ability (although they do project an aura of "Cute" that makes sure tourists feed them).

Comment

Well right now we're also getting into the different classifications of different kinds of abnormals.

I think that right now anything that isn't human is an abnormal. And for animals, any animal that doesn't follow the typical animal outline is still an abnormal.

Regradless it isn't common to human knowledge, some things just need to be protected.
            If these rare, different, animals were common knowledge we all know what would happen. If it's different, stronger, or smarter than man; then he must control it or exterminate it.

If you want to get into evolution, then they need to stick around to keep evolving. If they are already capable of something so different that it can't be common knowledge. Just imagine what it could become if it can live to actually evolve further.

While I do agree yes they are straying from what they were originally doing. They are also looking on a broader scale. Bringing 'humanity' into the picture can always be a tricky thing and makes the conversation go on a rollercoaster ride.
            O'Neill: "Ah. Trees, trees and more trees! What a wonderfully green universe we live in, eh."

Season 3 Episode 8 - Demons

Comment

Working...
            X