Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Did Rush really do what Young thinks he did?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Blackhole View Post
    That is very interesting I didn't know that. I assume the SyFy Channel is a subsidiary of NBC?
    Yeah. I think NBC Universal is the parent company for Syfy, USA, TNT and some other channels. I took a class in which writers/actors/producers came and answered some questions (it was a class many seniors took for fun...LOL), and some people from the show Trust Me came and said that they are trying to find more accurate ways to measure ratings, and I assume even if NBC wouldn't do this with all their shows, they would do so with shows on SyFy (a lot of networks don't do this, Fox I believe only does it with some shows)...Don't quote me on it, I don't know all that much...

Comment

Originally posted by Blackhole View Post
      I agree with you completely.

I have really grown to enjoy this show. I feel sorry for all the fans of the Stargate franchise that couldn’t get past how different SGU is from SG-1 and SGA and abandoned it prematurely. If they had given it a chance to develop I think many would have been as pleasantly surprised as I have been.

I am not sure how good the ratings have been; hopefully high enough to garner it a second season.
      I borderline hate the show since it's nothing like SG1 or SGA. I realize it's not a bad show but I'm just not all that into the extra drama. Trust me, I wanted to abandon the show on several occasions just out of spite but I haven't taken it that far yet. I think most hatters will still come back to check out the 2nd half of season 1 just out of fear we might miss something good and satisfying. I'm not convinced with all the talk about the second half though. Seems like a bit of sunshine being blown up our *neverminds* about how the back end will be different.

Comment

Originally posted by jcainhaze View Post
        I borderline hate the show since it's nothing like SG1 or SGA. I realize it's not a bad show but I'm just not all that into the extra drama. Trust me, I wanted to abandon the show on several occasions just out of spite but I haven't taken it that far yet. I think most hatters will still come back to check out the 2nd half of season 1 just out of fear we might miss something good and satisfying. I'm not convinced with all the talk about the second half though. Seems like a bit of sunshine being blown up our *neverminds* about how the back end will be different.
        I am sorry the show hasn't grown more on you. I was a huge fan of SG-1 and SGA and found SGU's extra drama initially too soapy for my tastes as well. SGU is much more character driven than the plot driven SG-1 and SGA was. Its characters are more complex and flawed and the problems and hardships more difficult to quickly resolve with more impact on their lives. All I can suggest is try to view it with a completely different mind set and expectation. Hopefully the second half of the season will be more to your liking.

Comment

Rush couldn't have placed the gun in Young's quarters during the lockdown. Greer claimed he didn't see it before the lockdown. Greer could have done it and made a video of Rush with Eli to get rid of the Destiny Scientist.
          "I have never understood why it should be necessary to become irrational in order to prove that you care... or why it should be necessary to prove it at all."

Comment

Originally posted by rushy View Post
            Rush couldn't have placed the gun in Young's quarters during the lockdown. Greer claimed he didn't see it before the lockdown. Greer could have done it and made a video of Rush with Eli to get rid of the Destiny Scientist.
            The gun was planted before the "lockdown"
            Originally posted by aretood2
            Jelgate is right

Comment

Originally posted by Daro View Post
              This quetion has come up on several other threads, so I think we should have a new one addressing it.

There are several reasons to question what happened, really, regarding the suicide of Spencer and the frame-job afterwards. As straight-forward as it appeared at first, especially given Rush's confession, I have started to become skeptical.
              Something just doesn't add up about all of it.
              The fact that we never see the actual footage Eli is showing Young. The fact that Spencer killed himself in the middle of the night, and Rush said he went to investigate immedietly, then planted the gun in Young's room. But Young says he was in his room that night, asleep. How'd Rush manage not to wake him? Would he even take that kind of risk, given his self-preservation instincts?
              Did Rush 'confess' because he knew that refuting Young's assertion was pointless, and was stupidly trying to goad him?

Anyone else have ideas about what happened? Do you buy the story or do you think something else is going on? Let's all engage in some wild speculation.
              Rush went to Young's room just as the whole crew were gathering at the Gate Room.
              Remember that Rush called Young right after Young made the announcement about the searches.
              Everyone at the Gate room, no chance that anyone will notice him.

Comment

Originally posted by Daro View Post
                While Rush does what he wants, he also does not take risks unless he is either cornered or fairly sure he won't be caught. If things unfolded as indicated in the show, he had to know (assuming he is guilty) that he'd be caught.

Why, then, would he have let himself be alone with Young? It just seems he'd be smarter than that
                It's called HUBRIS.
                Rush has such a high opinion of himself, he believes he can do anything. He behaves just like a dictator would.
                He is above any law.
                The old adage applies nicely here.
                'Do as I tell you, not as I do.'

Comment

Working...
                X