This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Is this God/Goddess that God/Goddess?

Hello, I saw an old message that had a little to do with matching Gods and Goddesses, so I figured I'd give my research here and see what you all thought.

Zeus - Vishnu- Atum - Odin
    Poseidon - Shiva - Sokar - Vili/Vi?
    Hades?- Yama - Osiris - Balder
    Hades? - Brahma - Ptah - Vili/Vi?
    Athena - Kali/Devi - Bastet/Sakmet
    Cronus- Indra - Ra - Bor - Apsu
    Rhea - Laksmi - Hathor - Bestla - Tiamat
    Ares - Tyre
    Hermes - Hermod
    Bacchus - Krishna - Horus? - Thor
    Agni - Seth* - Loki*

Olympians - Devs - Ennead - Aesir
    Titans - Asuras - Ogdoad? - Vanir
    Gigantes - Rakshasa - Seth's kind? - Jotnar
    Dryads - Gandaharvas - Alfar
    Griffins - Garuda
    Yakshasa - Bes's Kind - Dwarves

That is a little, I have to find my good notes for a lot of the Babylonian stuff, I'll make edits later. Enjoy! ***Oh, I think there where actually 2 Seths, the first is the one that guards the Solar Barque and the second killed Osiris.

i find it interesting that loki/seth are the only ones from different mythologies but who are gods of the same thing (chaos and mischief) to both have been represented in stargate as different races. and that cronus/ra were both represented as goua'uld, which i always found strange.
    i'd love to know who would like to see which deity represented on stargate, and if they've already been on, who'd like to see more of them.

i'd like to see, poseidon, shiva, odin, and more of loki.

Comment

Asgaard

Odin
      Balder
      Hel

Gao'uld

greek

Zeus
      Poseidon
      Hades
      Baccus
      Athena

Egypt

Bast
      P'tah
      The Egyptian Cat God .

Comment

I thought Loki was a bit of a dissapointment personally. I mean, yeah he was annoying, unethical and ugly, but I was hoping for some proper chaos and mayhem. Something like teleporting Hammond into the shower with Sam, or moving the entire fish population of the Red Sea into Jack's lake. That would have been funny.

Posiedon might be a good one to see, especially if he could create tidal waves, or perhaps his host is amphibian and can breathe underwater. And Merlin! Not a god, it's true, but still some interesting potential there. Could be a Tok'ra starnded on Earth, or, I don't know, something else...
        sum ergo cogitum
        I am therefore I think.

Comment

Working...
        X