So either the crew is consisted of idiots or they are willfully ignorant

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Skydiver View Post
    I don't know if rush is friends with anyone really. he's isolated himself - especially with his arrogant attitude - and impatience with others.

I doubt he really has anyone he can consider or call friend

You're wrong.
    Rush isn't really arrogant.

McKay was arrogant.
    Rush may have attacked the intelligence of some of the other scientist..
    Rush may have verbally lashed out at Eli for his naivety
    Rush may take it upon himself to decide the fate of others.

But that makes him more audacious, presumptuous. He has his own endeavor and he doesn't care about yours or anyone else's objective...

Can he be arrogant? Yes. Particularly to Young especially when he's irritated.

Comment

Originally posted by Saquist View Post
      You're wrong.

But that makes him more audacious, presumptuous. He has his own endeavor and he doesn't care about yours or anyone else's objective...
      That would generally be the definition of someone then who is arrogant.

Comment

Originally posted by The Mighty 6 platoon View Post
        He may be arrogant in some aspects, namely his belief that he is right about what he decides to do on the Destiny.

But innately arrogant? I don't think so. I think he has a severe inferiority complex. I think he blames himself for every action he takes, holding himself to an impossible standard of perfection. Because he is not perfect, in either the mental or emotional sense, he hates himself. IMO, at least. Someone who hates themselves can still be arrogant in some respects, but at the core, they're just the opposite.

Comment

Originally posted by The Mighty 6 platoon View Post
          No it wouldn't. You're projecting what similarities of people who are arrogance. But arrogance is truly self aggrandizing. Arrogant people tend to be presumptuous but would call the Mother on Every Body Loves Raymond to be arrogant?

That doesn't describe her at all even though she has her moments.

Originally posted by Daro View Post
          He may be arrogant in some aspects, namely his belief that he is right about what he decides to do on the Destiny.

But innately arrogant? I don't think so. I think he has a severe inferiority complex. I think he blames himself for every action he takes, holding himself to an impossible standard of perfection. Because he is not perfect, in either the mental or emotional sense, he hates himself. IMO, at least. Someone who hates themselves can still be arrogant in some respects, but at the core, they're just the opposite.
          Exactly Daro.
          It's very hard for a character to be truely one dimensional...Like McKay so as to describe them as one word. Rush isn't 1 or 2 dimensional.

Comment

Not that they're idiots, just they haven't been written that well

In the episode Earth they're told they might possibly be going home. Rush stages all these fireworks to make Telford think the ship if going to blow up. When he takes off Rush tells the gathered crew... oh you're not going home, ships not going to blow up thats it then smirks.

The crew just walks away ho hum.

They probably shouldn't have included a misc. crew of extras and just stuck with the main characters because they're obviously not going to be developed, if anything to have some people to be killed off. As with Justice and the apparent murder of that dude but then if they're never developed who cares if they're killed off.

Comment

Any Event Can Have Any Number Of Causes So Why Choose One Over Another?

Originally posted by FallenAngelII View Post
              Young: We got caught in a rockslide! There was no time for me to help Rush through the gate!
              Everyone: Alright. We'll buy.

Umm... what? From what we saw, the planet consisted of a lot of desert and that one cliff-mini-mountain-hill-looking thing devoid of much rock for a slide. If you look at Young's clothes, it's obvious he hasn't been in a rock slide. Especially not rocks big enough to cause a rock slide serious enough to knock someone unconscious.
              We don't see the whole range of rocks there, we aren't given a panoramic view of the area, we just see a little bit of it. No it isn't obvious, he could have missed the brunt of the fictional rock slide and in this fictional scenario Rush could have been behind him (by whatever distance) and he was caught the bulk of it. Hence him being left behind. Plus it's an alien planet we have no idea about its geology.

For one thing, his physical damage is highly local. There are no scrapes all over his body or face. All he has is a gash on his forehead, consistent with a fight (or just that one rock that was hurled at him).
              All that could mean is that he cut his head from trying to get to Rush after he was buried/injured or a stray rock from the fictional rock slide or he just plain fell. You admitted yourself it actually is a rock that hit him so that lie shouldn't be hard for Young to pull off.

If you take a look at his clothes, there's sand all over them. But there aren't holes in them. If there had been a rock slide, jagged rocks would've cut up his clothes (and possibly his body beneath those clothes).
              See above: Again for all we know he missed the bulk of the rock slide (or even all of it).

Yeah, if I saw him walk in like that, the way he did and listened to the way he said what he said (without looking at anyone, by the way), I would've been highly suspicious. Especially if I was Eli, considering what he later tells Eli to do. Why wasn't there a KINO there recording them, anyway?

So is the expedition full of idiots or are they willfully ignoring the evidence?
              I'm sure you would, and if you watch the episode the people in the gateroom look quite shocked even if not outwardly suspicious. How do you know they're aren't highly suspicious anyway, even now (and on the next few episodes) people on Destiny could be whispering to each other of what Young did. You must also remember that Rush is not a popular guy on Destiny, there are plenty that probably wouldn't mind if Rush was never heard from again. That's for better or worse. Plus, even if they straight up believed Young did something wrong, they can't prove anything and would be afraid to step out of line. In all likelihood Young ordered the Kino taken back (for reasons obvious to us but not the crew). Or perhaps there is a Kino there and it was left behind or even destroyed.

So the short answer is no, the Destiny is not full of idiots or willfully ignorant.

Comment

Working...
              X