So either the crew is consisted of idiots or they are willfully ignorant

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

So either the crew is consisted of idiots or they are willfully ignorant

Young: We got caught in a rockslide! There was no time for me to help Rush through the gate!
    Everyone: Alright. We'll buy.

Umm... what? From what we saw, the planet consisted of a lot of desert and that one cliff-mini-mountain-hill-looking thing devoid of much rock for a slide. If you look at Young's clothes, it's obvious he hasn't been in a rock slide. Especially not rocks big enough to cause a rock slide serious enough to knock someone unconscious.

For one thing, his physical damage is highly local. There are no scrapes all over his body or face. All he has is a gash on his forehead, consistent with a fight (or just that one rock that was hurled at him).

If you take a look at his clothes, there's sand all over them. But there aren't holes in them. If there had been a rock slide, jagged rocks would've cut up his clothes (and possibly his body beneath those clothes).

Yeah, if I saw him walk in like that, the way he did and listened to the way he said what he said (without looking at anyone, by the way), I would've been highly suspicious. Especially if I was Eli, considering what he later tells Eli to do. Why wasn't there a KINO there recording them, anyway?

So is the expedition full of idiots or are they willfully ignoring the evidence?

We didn't see them walking the whole way to the ship, so your post is pretty pointless.
    I'm not an actor. I just play one on TV.

Comment

Originally posted by Avenger View Post
      We didn't see them walking the whole way to the ship, so your post is pretty pointless.
      No it's not. Then ignore the part about there being a lack of rocks and concentrate on the argument of how Young's injuries are not consistent of those of a victim of a rock slide.

Comment

Originally posted by Avenger View Post
        No, his post is not pointless. I kinda liked it and even laughed which is better than you have done for anyone today.

Comment

YOUNG: So, uh, we just stayed too long. On the way back, Rush tripped himself up, started a rockslide. I was ahead but I just ... I barely made it through.
          So that tells me that he didn't get caught up in the actual rock slide, but maybe just got hit by a stray few bits of rock at the very front. Unfortunately, Rush got the full brunt. Apparently.

Regardless, this being an arc-driven show, let's see how the other character takes it in the next episode. There's been a few cases where fan complaints and criticisms have been raised in subsequent episodes; the most recent being Eli echoing some fans when he pointed out that the ancient chair should be more buggy because it's "version 1.0".

Comment

Originally posted by PG15 View Post
            So that tells me that he didn't get caught up in the actual rock slide, but maybe just got hit by a stray few bits of rock at the very front. Unfortunately, Rush got the full brunt. Apparently.

Regardless, this being an arc-driven show, let's see how the other character takes it in the next episode. There's been a few cases where fan complaints and criticisms have been raised in subsequent episodes; the most recent being Eli echoing some fans when he pointed out that the ancient chair should be more buggy because it's "version 1.0".
            I think the rockslide excuse was written to sound kinda lame and come off as suspicious.

I'm not into the version 1.0 being buggy though. I don't see a buggy system being installed on the Ancients greatest project at the peak of their civilization (The Destiny).

Comment

Originally posted by jcainhaze View Post
              I think the rockslide excuse was written to sound kinda lame and come off as suspicious.

I'm not into the version 1.0 being buggy though. I don't see a buggy system being installed on the Ancients greatest project at the peak of their civilization (The Destiny).
              Destiny was earlier than their peak. Atlantis was built at their peak, as it has been referred to as their crown jewel.

Perfecto!

Comment

Originally posted by PG15 View Post

How can you echo fans if it's written and recorded weeks before the chair was shown to the audience? But I don't see why the Ancients would deploy and implement a buggy system. It's the ancients, not Microsoft In fact it should be more compatible with us before they started to develop a massive intellect, one which could house the ancient database...

Comment

Clearly, the writers can travel into the future...at more than 1 second per second.

By "echoing", I guess I mean that the writers knew more than people think, that they weren't completely ignorant of these concerns raised.

Comment

Originally posted by Major_Griff View Post
                    Destiny was earlier than their peak. Atlantis was built at their peak, as it has been referred to as their crown jewel.
                    I don't Griff...but it's been said that it was built at the peak of their civilization. Maybe they were just doing good and healthy without any plagues or wraith or nuthin. I think it was when they were vastly populated and all that. I know Atlantis was the crown jewel.

Comment

Originally posted by jcainhaze View Post
                      I don't Griff...but it's been said that it was built at the peak of their civilization. Maybe they were just doing good and healthy without any plagues or wraith or nuthin. I think it was when they were vastly populated and all that. I know Atlantis was the crown jewel.
                      Atlantis was built before the plague and before the Wraith.

Perfecto!

Comment

"So either the crew is consisted of idiots or they are willfully ignorant."
                        They're idiots.

Comment

Originally posted by FallenAngelII View Post
                          No it's not. Then ignore the part about there being a lack of rocks and concentrate on the argument of how Young's injuries are not consistent of those of a victim of a rock slide.
                          If someone takes a couple of small rocks to the face, the injuries would look extremely similar to the cuts Young suffered during the fight. Or if someone lost their footing and fell, the injuries could be very similar. How are you defining "victim or a rock slide" anyway? Some one getting crushed by multi-ton rocks? One rock the size of a base ball moving at a high enough speed, which can be achieved by a rock rolling down a hill, could kill someone if it it hit them in the head.
                          I'm not an actor. I just play one on TV.

Comment

How about that we only saw the reactions of a few people before the episode ended, and Young's lie will no doubt be unravelled in the next episode. Eli didn't have to believe him, 'cause he had an inkling about what was going to happen to Rush. Camille, Scott and TJ didn't really look to be super-believing of his story, but maybe he's a good storyteller?

And his wounds may be consistent with someone who avoided a few rocks and hit one as he tripped over or something. He never said, as PG15 quoted, that he was trapped under some rocks or anything.

And a Kino should be there at all times? It's Eli's fetish, and he wasn't there... Even so, that may've been deliberate - he didn't want anyone to catch out Young's stranding of Rush, or he disabled any Kinos in use for a bit.

Got any more thread ideas?
                            ~ When life gives you lemons, don't make lemonade. Make life take back the lemons back! Get mad! I don't want your damn lemons! What am I supposed to do with these? Demand to see life's manager! Make life rue the day it thought it could give Cave Johnson lemons! Do you know who I am? I'm the man who's gonna burn your house down! WITH THE LEMONS! I'm gonna get my engineers to invent a combustible lemon that BURNS YOUR HOUSE DOWN! ~

~ Burning people! He says what we're all thinking! ~

Comment

I assume that Eli was suspicious about Young's story. He knew about the Kino footage that showed Rush entering the room after Spencer shot himself. Even if the other crew members don't suspect Young of lying (Let's assume for a second they did: They have no proof), I believe Eli can put two and two together and at least doubts that Young was telling the entire truth. We'll have to wait for future episodes if this turns out to be true.
                              sigpic

"Were you expecting Stairway to Heaven?!"

Comment

Working...
                              X