Now that is one sweet potato!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Now that is one sweet potato!

haha this scene had me laughing for hours, but greer is definitly right.. it is food, it will keep you alive.

But while on the topic of food, i wonder why they havnt found food that is more...delicious. i think someone like Dr Mckay wouldn't have lasted very long on the Destiny...just trying to remember his line back in SG1, "you have any idea what the food is like in Russia!"

this sweet potato greer tried, which made the other people nearly throw up. and that thing Eli tried in the episode "time" which he spat out after taking a bite. there's going to need to be a lot of creativity from the PTB when thinking of new and exotic food items, i wonder what they will come up with next...

that was great, and actually in one of the kinosodes, a scientist makes flavoring that tastes just like banana, (sadly no chocolate)

Comment

magic beans?

red kiwi fruits?

GUANGO! (Half Guava, Half Mango (from "Its Good To Be King"))

Comment

In some ways, it might make sense if the food they find tastes bad to them, these could be foods and flavors that they're not used to, which could be a huge reason for their reaction. My parents grew up from different veggies than I did, and because of that a lot of my tastes differ from their's, and I'd assume that the difference the Destiny crew experiences is vastly different. Since I'm drawing that conclusion from personally experience, so it could be completely invalid

Comment

Or....maybe....it just tastes like cr*p no matter what planet you're from.

Comment

Originally posted by escyos View Post
            magic beans?

red kiwi fruits?

GUANGO! (Half Guava, Half Mango (from "Its Good To Be King"))
            Guango always sounds bad
            Originally posted by natyanayaki View Post
            In some ways, it might make sense if the food they find tastes bad to them, these could be foods and flavours that they're not used to, which could be a huge reason for their reaction. My parents grew up from different veggies than I did, and because of that a lot of my tastes differ from theirs, and I'd assume that the difference the Destiny crew experiences is vastly different. Since I'm drawing that conclusion from personally experience, so it could be completely invalid
            They would have to test food because it could be poisonous.. and it's another galaxy,so the food may not be suitable for humans... same with any planet.
            Originally posted by SerpentGuard View Post

But while on the topic of food, I wonder why they haven't found food that is more...delicious. I think someone like Dr McKay wouldn't have lasted very long on the Destiny...just trying to remember his line back in SG1, "you have any idea what the food is like in Russia!"
            I like Russian food

EDIT: ^

Comment

Originally posted by Supreme Commander Sil View Post
              They would have to test food because it could be poisonous.. and it's another galaxy,so the food may not be suitable for humans... same with any planet.
              Oh yes I know, I was discussing tastes or flavor, not food safety...

Comment

Originally posted by natyanayaki View Post
                Oh yes I know, I was discussing tastes or flavor, not food safety...
                As long as it doesn't taste like onions or cheese I would probably eat it.

Comment

maybe they're all just not used to eating naturally grown, organic, chemical-free food that mother nature herself (not man) hath produced
                  Colonel Jack O'Neill: So what's your impression of Alar?
                  Teal'c: That he is concealing something.
                  Colonel Jack O'Neill: Like what?
                  Teal'c: I am unsure. He is concealing it.

Comment

He kept a straight face whilst eating it...definitely a soldier

Neera: "You do not fear them?"
                    : "The Wraith? Naah. Now *clowns* — that's another story."

Comment

Originally posted by Encoder View Post
                      He kept a straight face whilst eating it...definitely a soldier

ooo-rah!

yeah, greer is one BAMF'ing Marine..... and i would very much like to see him - since he's an NCO - to do some "master seargent'ing" on SGU...

it's one thing that SG1 and SGA never did, and one thing i thought they should do: engage the enlisted personnel more...

i found it particularly interesting that most of the offworld teams consisted solely or mostly of officers......... instead of 1 officer and the rest enlisted...
                      Colonel Jack O'Neill: So what's your impression of Alar?
                      Teal'c: That he is concealing something.
                      Colonel Jack O'Neill: Like what?
                      Teal'c: I am unsure. He is concealing it.

Comment

Originally posted by jcainhaze View Post
                        As long as it doesn't taste like onions or cheese I would probably eat it.
                        Man, if it would taste like onions or/and cheese, that would be the only things i would eat!
                        Fried onions on molten cheese...
                        sigpic
                        - SteamID user since 2005 -- you can add me - visit steam translation server brazil @ Steelbox

Comment

Originally posted by Steelbox View Post
                          Man, if it would taste like onions or/and cheese, that would be the only things i would eat!
                          Fried onions on molten cheese...
                          Dammit, I'm gonna have to make perogies now!

Comment

Who else thinks that scene was a bit racist? It looked like they were experimenting on the black guy Greer. You had this black guy being asked to eat this alien vegetable while all these white scientists surrounded him and observed his reaction.

Comment

Originally posted by spaceship View Post
                              Who else thinks that scene was a bit racist? It looked like they were experimenting on the black guy Greer. You had this black guy being asked to eat this alien vegetable while all these white scientists surrounded him and observed his reaction.
                              Really? I didn't get that at all. First off, they couldn't MAKE him do it even if they wanted to. It was pretty obvious that Greer volunteered for this. Besides, everyone is joking around and in pretty good spirits during the scene and Brody mentions that they'd analyzed the vegetable. They knew it wasn't dangerous, they just didn't know how it would taste. Greer also proves how brave and tough he is by eating it and not even flinching, while the "whities" were almost vomiting after a little taste.

Comment

Working...
                              X