No announcement yet.

Now that is one sweet potato!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

You just saw Greer Master Sergeanting. Tasteing the food and telling the cook to fix it up. Writting the duty schedule and tracking down the dead Sergeant Sheppard who was tought to be AWOL. Col Young or Comissioner Wray may be in command but Master Sergeant Greer is in charge.
    Ignorance alert!!!!!! When you say command vs in charge, what do you mean??? I mean, I kinda, sorta, not really understand...:-P...Sorries for my lack of comprehension.

Comment

Originally posted by natyanayaki View Post
      Ignorance alert!!!!!! When you say command vs in charge, what do you mean??? I mean, I kinda, sorta, not really understand...:-P...Sorries for my lack of comprehension.
      US NCO's have a saying: "Don't call me sir, I work for a living". Commanders may make a decision (in command) but its the NCO who gets he job done (in charge)

Comment

Originally posted by Taiko View Post
        US NCO's have a saying: "Don't call me sir, I work for a living". Commanders may make a decision (in command) but its the NCO who gets he job done (in charge)
        Ahh, that makes sense. Thank you!

Comment

Originally posted by Encoder View Post
          He kept a straight face whilst eating it...definitely a soldier

Yeah mostly straight, you can tell when he closed his eyes something was wrong
          Tst

Comment

Originally posted by spinny magee View Post
            Yeah mostly straight, you can tell when he closed his eyes something was wrong
            I didn't notice it. I was suspicious though...I mean its Greer, he always has a trick up his sleeve.
            By Nolamom
            sigpic

Comment

All I could picture is that scene in Major Payne where the kids spike Major Payne's food with massive amounts of laxatives.

Comment

Originally posted by jcainhaze View Post
                If you're joking then I'm laughing at a good joke. If you're not joking then I shouldn't say what I think of you.
                If it was a joke, it wasnt a good one. Not even relevent to the scene. In fact I havent seen one episode in SG1 Atlantis or SGU that remotely seems racist. Aside from one alien race hating another due to a superiority/inferiority complex.

As for Greer, he is a solid soldier. He wouldnt fit in a command position. He is a weapon, and is designed to survive. That is the mentality he wants the rest of the crew to have. You may hate the taste, the source may not be preferable, but you wont die, in fact you will live as an outcome of it.

Perogies, making me a batch from scratch next weekend. Potatoe, fried onion and farmer cheese. I like em boiled and buttered, wife likes em fried.

Comment

Originally posted by spaceship View Post
                  Who else thinks that scene was a bit racist? It looked like they were experimenting on the black guy Greer. You had this black guy being asked to eat this alien vegetable while all these white scientists surrounded him and observed his reaction.
                  Racist, No. Funny, Hell Yeah. I for one took no offence I found it as the one brief moment when they where actually having fun rather then moping around, & complaining about the lack of well any real supplies.

Comment

Working...
                  X