Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Did anyone else feel kinda bad for Spencer?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Did anyone else feel kinda bad for Spencer?

Sure, he wasn't the nicest guy but he had problems. Lack of sleep, plus withdrawl from sleeping meds would have a serious affect on anyone emotionally and mentally.

Yes, he stole supplies. Does that really warrent us thinking were better off without him. That it's a good thing he killed himself? Don't get me wrong, I think he deserved to be punished but I don't think anyone on board is better off without him. Doesn't he deserve at least a final send off, like anyone?

Originally posted by Pizerer View Post

Doesn't he deserve at least a final send off, like anyone?
    I suppose shoving his body out the airlock could count as a "final send off"

Comment

As fierce as Scott was to defend Spencer against the perceived slight by Dr. Rush, you'd think they would honor the man with a decent funeral.

I felt sorry for him, everyone knew he was coming unraveled. I still am at a loss to explain why he was allowed to walk around, carrying a gun, after his problems became known.

Comment

I figure his send off was when we viewed his on-Kino suicide.
        Forum insight in 1 click!

Comment

his character was a tragedy, yes.

However he was merely a plot device, not someone to be attached to...
          By Nolamom
          sigpic

Comment

I don't feel particularly sorry for him since we never got to know much about him other than the fact that he was a violent prick much of the time. I think the fact that they wrote him off so early makes him just a plot device. They introduced and killed him in order to make this episode happen.

Just my opinion.

Comment

Originally posted by Daro View Post
              As fierce as Scott was to defend Spencer against the perceived slight by Dr. Rush, you'd think they would honor the man with a decent funeral.

I felt sorry for him, everyone knew he was coming unraveled. I still am at a loss to explain why he was allowed to walk around, carrying a gun, after his problems became known.
              they were probably all going 'not my business' but when you're all stuck in a spaceship and have to depend on each for survival, it becomes their business.

see, this is another time when the stones were not utilized properly. if you've got a crew member who obviously has some psychological issue, for pity's sake, send Chloe or someone else who's not really needed back to earth and send up a psychiatrist/etc. to assess the crew. Obviously TJ isn't trained to do that.

but like someone else said, plot device.

Comment

I think Spencer would of been better off if he had a friend.

Comment

I just wish we would have explored his character more. Now that he is dead will we ever know his story, or was his character just a plot device? I for one, wanted to know more about him.

Comment

Not at all. I'm just not the softy type. Need more gore, violence and sex please.

This would probably be the first Stargate personal to commit suicide in the entire franchise? Change is good.

Comment

Originally posted by pipi View Post
                      Not at all. I'm just not the softy type. Need more gore, violence and sex please.

This would probably be the first Stargate personal to commit suicide in the entire franchise? Change is good.
                      Actually a member of the SGC intentionally jumped into the Kawoosh in "The Light."

Comment

Originally posted by pipi View Post

See SG-1's The Light.

Perfecto!

Comment

All this talk of Spencer only existing as a plot device to make this episode happen, I'm glad they did that. How many episodes of SGA and SG-1 would have a random Redshirt die that the main characters supposedly knew? I'd say having A redshirt established for several episodes before his death is better than just having one appear out of now where.

Perfecto!

Comment

Originally posted by Major_Griff View Post
                            All this talk of Spencer only existing as a plot device to make this episode happen, I'm glad they did that. How many episodes of SGA and SG-1 would have a random Redshirt die that the main characters supposedly knew? I'd say having A redshirt established for several episodes before his death is better than just having one appear out of now where.
                            But this does not take away from him being used by the writers as a plot device. Had he actually made freinds, had we actually liked him, Justice would have been a lot more impacting. Had they made spence for us to love and pitty, this would have sent a better image and released him from plot devicehood.
                            By Nolamom
                            sigpic

Comment

But Spencer was a jerk only because he was a going through withdrawal and was at the end of his rope.

Comment

Working...
                              X