Chloe - Jennifer Keller 2.0?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by maxbo View Post
    I agree that Keller was more useful than Chloe because she was a doctor, but in terms of screentime, I see the same behind the scene similarities in that TPTB took the goodwill that each character had built up after her first few appearances and damaged it by giving them too much screentime before they (the writers) had figured out where they were going with them as individual characters, as opposed to just being a part of a couple.

Chloe's relationship with Scott has the same feel, to me, as Keller's flirtation with Ronon and relationship with McKay did in that TPTB seemed to think that those relationships were the quickest way to keep these characters in the forefront.

IMO, each character would have been better served if the writers had figured out who they were before they decided to hook them up. Because despite Keller being a doctor, in the end she was defined by her relationship with McKay and I wonder if we're going to see the same type of writing for Chloe.
    I will agree with your contention that the writers are treating the characters the same way. I thought they did a terrible job with jennifer in the back half of season 4 and all of season 5... she became a "waif" , as they seem to have done with chloe.

Comment

But maybe Chloe will get the chance to grow out of it, to find her purpose, Jennifer will never have that chance now.
      A black hole swallowed this sig pic.

Comment

Originally posted by Jper View Post
        But maybe Chloe will get the chance to grow out of it, to find her purpose, Jennifer will never have that chance now.
        She had two seasons. That is enough time.
        Originally posted by aretood2
        Jelgate is right

Comment

I don't know what all the fuss is about. I liked Keller and if Chloe is like her, and I don't see it, then that would only elevate her character. I think since early on many anti's decided to hate on her since she was the easiest to prey on. One thing leads to another and we find ourselves here.
          By Nolamom
          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by jelgate View Post
            She had two seasons. That is enough time.
            But she/it started out good, the problem was TPTB screwed things up with their inconsistent writing in season five. Not to mention the triangle of doom. :'(

Anyway, I hope Chloe will gradually find her place, learn her purpose, have a position and function on board of the Destiny, although the fact remains that she's out of place, which isn't necessarily a bad thing. The focus her character is getting, makes me believe TPTB want to show us a realistic image of people stranded, involuntarily stranded, on a space ship like Destiny. Unexpected too. Then it's only logical that there are people who don't immediately fit in. So I hope they are indeed showing us the evolution she is experiencing. Anyway, PG15 explained it much better.
            A black hole swallowed this sig pic.

Comment

Well it was Chole's idea to put the power problem into the game. And that led to Eli going to Icarus AND dialing the 9th chevron. If chole hadnt existed they never would have found destiny, and everyone woulda just evacuated to Alpha site when Icarus blew up.

So like her or not, she is a pivotal character and part of the show.

Comment

I think it's actually quite likely that she was the best-qualified person for the job, certainly the best-qualified civilian (aside from Wray herself). Who do you think was staffing Icarus? Scientists, archaeologists, and technicians. Chloe's far from ideal for the job, but she's the closest thing they have.

As for sending her off-planet, that mission was explicitly to gather food. She was just another warm body, and one that had no reason to stay on Destiny. And Young might have deliberately picked her so she could feel useful.

Comment

Originally posted by pjt View Post
                  Well, if (s)he doesn't like her, then she is not likable, except for empty headed fanboys. Totally logical.
                  I really hope that was sarcasm.

Comment

Keller was a Doctor, probably one of the most important trades to have on the expedition.
                    Chloe was an assistant to her dad. An American senator that no one knew, who is now dead. Making her the least important.
                    Enough said
                    sigpic

Comment

Working...
                    X