Kinda like BSG?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Kinda like BSG?

Now we have Rush stranded on this planet. This creates 2 storylines taking place in different locations.

This reminds me of what they did with the 1st season of BSG, having 2 storylines happening at the same time, one is the main story with the RTF, the other with Helo waltzing around on Caprica being chased by toasters.

So now in SGU we are going to have the main storyline set on Destiny, and once in a while it will cut to Rush waltzing around on the planet trying to survive.

Just hope they don't have some non-human chick help him out or i WILL SCREAM "BSG COPY".

Originally posted by haloplayer View Post
    Now we have Rush stranded on this planet. This creates 2 storylines taking place in different locations.

This reminds me of what they did with the 1st season of BSG, having 2 storylines happening at the same time, one is the main story with the RTF, the other with Helo waltzing around on Caprica being chased by toasters.

So now in SGU we are going to have the main storyline set on Destiny, and once in a while it will cut to Rush waltzing around on the planet trying to survive.

Just hope they don't have some non-human chick help him out or i WILL SCREAM "BSG COPY".
    ...this is a joke, right? Because BSG came up with the idea of A Plot and B Plot.
    Click the banner or episode links to visit the virtual continuations of Stargate!
    Previous Episode: 11x03 "Shore Leave" | Previous Episode: 6x04 "Nightfall" | Now Airing: 3x06 "Eldest"

Comment

Originally posted by s09119 View Post
      ...this is a joke, right? Because BSG came up with the idea of A Plot and B Plot.
      Maybe this is a joke? Who knows?

Comment

He'll be back onboard in the next episode or two.

Comment

Yeah i agree...oh and BSG has a space ship in it too! (im being sarcastic....about everyone in general, this is not a personal attack mods)

Comment

Helo and Sharon chose to be on Caprica. The two groups on Kobol had chosen to be there. The people on New Caprica chose to be there. (etc, but the point's made)
            "A society grows great when old men plant trees, the shade of which they know they will never sit in. Good people do things for other people. That's it, the end." -- Penelope Wilton in Ricky Gervais's After Life

Comment

Originally posted by haloplayer View Post
              [two stories at once]
              Wow, that's never been done before. You're right, SGU is obviously a BSG clone. How could we have missed that?
              Mongoletsi is bigger than hip...hop...

Comment

I approve of this thread! Two stories at once = totally a BSG rip-off! Anybody else notice there was something like a trial in this episode? They had one of those in BSG too!
                ~ When life gives you lemons, don't make lemonade. Make life take back the lemons back! Get mad! I don't want your damn lemons! What am I supposed to do with these? Demand to see life's manager! Make life rue the day it thought it could give Cave Johnson lemons! Do you know who I am? I'm the man who's gonna burn your house down! WITH THE LEMONS! I'm gonna get my engineers to invent a combustible lemon that BURNS YOUR HOUSE DOWN! ~

~ Burning people! He says what we're all thinking! ~

Comment

I really don't see the parallels. If anything, SG:U tries to rip off LOST like so many new shows. It's a little like 'Defying Gravity' too - great setup, too interested in who's sleeping with whom to be really interesting.

Comment

and a blonde chick and a guy with hair....jeez no more original ideas anymore.....

Comment

OMG has anyone else noticed that SGU is a tv show just like BSG? Holy crap, they totally ripped it off.
                      My heart beats in 13/8.

Comment

Originally posted by metabog View Post
                        OMG has anyone else noticed that SGU is a tv show just like BSG? Holy crap, they totally ripped it off.
                        lets get the torches and round up the mob!

Comment

Originally posted by escyos View Post
                          lets get the torches and round up the mob!
                          I would help out myself, but I'm too busy writing an outraged email to the creators of Law and Order. Don't they understand they're copying BSG by including trial scenes? And somebody being killed? Pfft - BSG already did that. Blasphemy!
                          ~ When life gives you lemons, don't make lemonade. Make life take back the lemons back! Get mad! I don't want your damn lemons! What am I supposed to do with these? Demand to see life's manager! Make life rue the day it thought it could give Cave Johnson lemons! Do you know who I am? I'm the man who's gonna burn your house down! WITH THE LEMONS! I'm gonna get my engineers to invent a combustible lemon that BURNS YOUR HOUSE DOWN! ~

~ Burning people! He says what we're all thinking! ~

Comment

Hah, apparently people get pissed when you compare SGU to BSG. But, as someone who is pretty new to the SG fandom, and watched BSG....they are a lot alike. There are of course a whole different cast of characters, but the basic premise and some of the plot devices used are very similar. I'm not saying it's a BSG clone. The technology in this, the setting, is different pretty much entirely. No cylons, but plenty of paranoia still (for some reason I can't quite grasp; maybe it's just cabin fever.)

Comment

Originally posted by metabog View Post
                              WAIT!! SGU is also on sci fi/syfy...omg they even copied the network!!!!

Comment

Working...
                              X